Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

The best part of my visit at Discount tires was when when they asked me if I offroad, followed by ‘was it a big jump, do you jump this Jeep a lot’... I just started laughing [emoji23]

If you decide to go with the local slabs and nittos and need a second vehicle to help get em home let me know, I'll help

Sucks about the rim. If warranty doesn't cover it, there are wheel repair shops that may be able to fix it.

Wow, I tough only the AEV Pintler Beadlocks will brake fast. Now I know why thees rimes are not TÜV aproved over here.

I hope the AEV will sent you a new one. .

Do you get Bawarrion Rims in US? They are really strong.

Lg

Last edited:
Ok So, I need to brag a little about AEV. Even though I don’t really run much of their stuff on my Jeep anymore, I must say they are still a top notch company in my eyes and honor their warranty like a reputable business should.
Here is the response to the original claim I filed with them about the rim.
IMG_6624.jpg
IMG_6625.jpg
I replied with couple questions as it was unclear to me if I also need to pay for shipping of the bad rims back to them. Also asked if I could have the new rims first since I need the Jeep operational for my wife to drive to school. It turns out, I can pick any 5 new wheels they offer for the replacement and have them shipped right out.
Here’s the response. I am not too far from their warehouse which results in a pretty low shipping cost.
IMG_6626.jpg
I got some decision making to do tonight as of what wheels I want.

Keep in kind when I started my claim the only proof I provided was a photo copy of my receipt from 2015 and this photo, which I am not even sure if that’s the crack, lol. I was completely honest about it. All I know is that the air was leaking on one of the spokes at this location.
IMG_6575.jpg

Thanks AEV!

Wow! They are a great company when it comes to standing behind their products. When I damaged a couple of of my pintlers, they had stopped making the argent color I had, so they had offered me a significant discount on a new set of wheels. In the end I ended up going in a different direction, but it was great to know all the money I had invested with them, they would not walk away from. Are you thinking you might be going to go into the bead locks?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, I wish we had this kind of service in Germany.

3 of my AEV Shocks were leaking after 15.000km (ca. 11000 miles) and they importer for Europe did not accepted warranty.

Take some AEV Pintler Beadlocks buddy!

Last edited:
Wow! They are a great company when it comes to standing behind their products. When I damaged a couple of of my pintlers, they had stopped making the argent color I had, so they had offered me a significant discount on a new set of wheels. In the end I ended up going in a different direction, but it was great to know all the money I had invested with them, they would not walk away from. Are you thinking you might be going to go into the bead locks?

Yup, bead locks. AEV really does stand behind their stuff.

Wow, I wish we had this kind of service in Germany.

3 of my AEV Shocks were leaking after 15.000km (ca. 11000 miles) and they importer for Europe did not accepted warranty.

Take some AEV Pintler Beadlocks buddy!
Sucks about your shocks man. I run AEV 5160s, no problems at all and like how they feel. Maybe try contacting AEV directly through their warranty website.
Bead lock pintlers would be sweet but they stopped making those a long time ago.

That is good customer service! Beadlocks next?
Awesome service, that’s exactly how an American business should handle this situation [emoji631]

Might as well get FF60/60 and 8 lug bead locks!

I wish..... some day for sure, am keeping this Jeep forever.

Wow, that's a hard deal to turn down!

Awesome deal, I am very happy about it.

AEV Borahs?

Yes [emoji41]

I am getting the true beadlock Borahs. They look similar to factory Rubicon wheels which came from factory, I liked those. Here’s what they look like. I am debating what color to paint the rings.
IMG_6627.JPG

That is great news Matt, I would leave them silver. I’d love to help you mount them but since Chris lives so close I’ll volunteer him!! Or you can come to our wrenching party [emoji6]

That is great news Matt, I would leave them silver. I’d love to help you mount them but since Chris lives so close I’ll volunteer him!! Or you can come to our wrenching party [emoji6]

Awesome news. I might just do one wheel a day, depending on how the ring torques down. I would like to leave it overnight and retorque in the morning, before putting any load on it. Also not sure if I’ll be able to un mount tired from old wheels by myself.

Pink.........

Pink sounds good, I like it [emoji108]

Top Bottom