Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks so much for the feedback on the doors. The reviews are pretty brutal online but you never know what the buyers expectations were.

Trying to decide is a slippery slope. The lowers can be had at a reasonable price. But then for another $150 I can get them with the uppers. Then for another $75 I can get them in Twill to match my premium top. Just empty every pocket right...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buy a Jeep they said.....

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Finally I have a somewhat of an update on my build.
After cracking my wheel back in April. Ave was nice enough to replace all 5 wheels under warranty. I decided to go with their beadlocks, which turned out to be absolute garbage as the bolt holes were stripping it way before their torque spec. Wheels were free but, I had to pay extra for rings.
IMG_6786.jpg
IMG_6729.jpg
I had a new wheel sent out after one stripped and guess what. The new wheel stripped in the exact same spot. I dropped all the tools, got in touch with Aev, sent the carp wheels back to Aev and fought 2 weeks for the refund.
At one point I was starting my own AEV supply warehouse.
IMG_6842.jpg
The new set of Pintlers, sold very quickly.
IMG_6845.jpg
While in the process of selling the Pintlers, I ordered a set of Hutchinson’s from NR4x4. Suppose to ship within 20 days, it didn’t. Countless times of calling in, even changing the delivery address while I was away on vacation. Got in touch with them again while I was away, got no response. Finally those idiots just cancelled my order and refunded the money, and I was told the wheels were suppose to ship 8/20. Bad customer service over at NR4x4, I swear what fucking idiots. I really needed those wheels for Labor Day weekend.
Anyhow I took the cracked wheel to a tire shop that could fix it. They welded that bitch up for me.
IMG_7548.jpg
Bubbled up the paint a little on the face but honestly I don’t really care.
IMG_7549.jpg
IMG_7552.jpg
At the end of the day (4 months later) I am rocking a free set of Pintlers since I sold the set that was warranted out to me [emoji41]. I’ll probably just keep them for now.

On another note finally had a chance to swap my rear shafts today. Slide hammer helped a bunch to get them out.
IMG_7534.jpg
IMG_7536.jpg
Had a little holdup because I noticed the tone rings weren’t lining up with the speed sensors. Good I asked a question on here and good folks of WAL were able to answer my question.
IMG_7537.jpg
So far so good, no lights on the dash and no weird abs behavior.
Here’s Carbon off-road shaft next to factory, not really big difference, only stronger steel.
IMG_7545.jpg
IMG_7546.jpg
IMG_7547.jpg
All back together
IMG_7544.jpg

Saving the fronts for another day, it was way hot today.

Also, my nephew had a chance to fix the little atv while I was working on the Jeep. He wanted me to put it on jack stands so he can work on it lol.
IMG_7542.jpg

Fun day. Glad to have the spare back on my Jeep after 4 months. Almost ready for SMORR.

jdofmemi

Glad you finally got that resolved, or at least a good workaround.

Looking good.

Is the flange on the Carbon axle thicker than stock, or does it just look that way since it is new and clean?

I wonder if they have increased the diameter of the shaft outboard of the bearing to help prevent bent Flanges?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
By then you’ll be on FF60s and 40s and need a new set of wheels anyway!

Mods look great, can’t wait to see the pictures from SMORR!

Good idea Bill but, it won’t happen any time soon probably.
Glad you finally got that resolved, or at least a good workaround.

Looking good.

Is the flange on the Carbon axle thicker than stock, or does it just look that way since it is new and clean?

I wonder if they have increased the diameter of the shaft outboard of the bearing to help prevent bent Flanges?
Good catch with the flange thickness, it did look slightly bigger then stock, not by much though. It also did look thicker than stock past the bearing. With those shafts I got 15 year warranty without any tire size restrictions, so I am not worried about bending another flange. I’ve heard good things about Carbon off-road, sure hope they’ll honor the warranty. Price is very fair as well, especially for the front shafts.

Looking good[emoji106] I’m glad it all got situated!

Thanks [emoji2], I can finally take my Jeep out on a trail, well almost. Still need to swap the front shafts.

TheGrendel

Good idea Bill but, it won’t happen any time soon probably.

Good catch with the flange thickness, it did look slightly bigger then stock, not by much though. It also did look thicker than stock past the bearing. With those shafts I got 15 year warranty without any tire size restrictions, so I am not worried about bending another flange. I’ve heard good things about Carbon off-road, sure hope they’ll honor the warranty. Price is very fair as well, especially for the front shafts.

Thanks [emoji2], I can finally take my Jeep out on a trail, well almost. Still need to swap the front shafts.

nice work. those carbon shafts look good.

Foley

Well, thats bad luck. But hey, your pintler are still looking good on you JK :)

If you dont get the Hutchinson in US - my dealer ve 8 pices in stock :D But I think the shipping is way to much :D

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You've got some nice looking shafts there! Glad you were able to savage those wheels also. SMORR is getting closer and closer! I'm still winchless and getting nervous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
nice work. those carbon shafts look good.
Thanks
Well, thats bad luck. But hey, your pintler are still looking good on you JK :)

If you dont get the Hutchinson in US - my dealer ve 8 pices in stock :D But I think the shipping is way to much :D
Thanks but, I’ll probably wait a little now
You've got some nice looking shafts there! Glad you were able to savage those wheels also. SMORR is getting closer and closer! I'm still winchless and getting nervous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No worries, there’s gonna be few of us there. We can make it through, with or without the winch.

Top Bottom