Recent Shooting and Discussion

SoCalJeepster

Lol. Hardly. I actually argue and litigate its application. As a matter of fact, I am currently arguing a case taking the position that a particular state law violates due process (it is vague), the non-delegation doctrine (a gov’t agency is creating rules that the Legislature did not give the agency the power to create), and equal protection (the particular law treats similarly situated people differently without a rational basis to do so)...but I digress.

I am on the side of reasoned thought based on intellectual honesty. I am willing to have my positions challenged, to listen to and thoughtfully consider what others have to say, provided they use logic and supportive evidence.

Oh, and I actually study law...a lot of it. Whether you want to admit it or not, the Bill of Rights are not absolute. If you had read as many Supreme Court cases as I have, you would know that.

All day, five or more days per week, I fight to uphold the American rule of law (including the Constitution). How about you?
Drops mic, walks off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gbint

Arming the teachers.... Guess the crazy persons will just shoot them first then. Wonder if any teacher will loose it and shoot the odd student? I’m sure they’d like to sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Arming the teachers.... Guess the crazy persons will just shoot them first then. Wonder if any teacher will loose it and shoot the odd student? I’m sure they’d like to sometimes.

My God, you're a dumbass. Honestly Dead Serious, if your own child was in danger at a school, would you not want a trained good-guy teacher (the closest person to your child with the potential to stop the threat) to have a tool to protect your child?

If you can't answer yes to that, you're a fucking retard. It's no different than a armed police officer that happens to witness a violent crime and happens to be there to save the victim. Good guys with guns is the fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun.

MTG

Caught the Bug
All day, five or more days per week, I fight to uphold the American rule of law (including the Constitution). How about you?

I've been doing it 7 days a week for a while now. Let me tell you, it's highly overrated. :yup:

Hopefully back to "normal" after next Thursday though. :thumb:

Gbint

It was only 10 years ago that the province of Newfoundland armed their constabulary. About 60 percent of England’s police force carry no hand guns. Guess we’re all crazy’s. your right though, I don’t want a gun anywhere near my kids schools.

WJCO

Meme King
It was only 10 years ago that the province of Newfoundland armed their constabulary. About 60 percent of England’s police force carry no hand guns. Guess we’re all crazy’s. your right though, I don’t want a gun anywhere near my kids schools.

Cool story, bro. This is America, not Newfoundland nor England. If a gun can be used to protect anyone, even a stranger, I'm proud to be a responsible gun owner to help a victim from a violent crime if needed.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I know of a school shooter, that was stopped by an armed teacher. It’s too bad he couldn’t carry it, and had to go to his vehicle and retrieve his sidearm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl...TZ0UjQEAx5WbyrGiIVsA5KjeTZ0UjQEBB5WbyrGiIVsA=

IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1140.jpg

Brute

Hooked
My sister is a teacher in CO...and she does not want to train to carry a firearm...there isn't even enough financial resources to teach properly, let alone deal with training and carrying a firearm.

There was a trained, armed deputy in uniform at that school in FL...he took a "defensive" position outside while listening to gunshots inside the building...that didn't save a single life.

My father was a police officer, and was in the military...and nothing is more difficult than responding to an armed suspect with little regard for their own life...imagine a teacher with a sidearm, with limited training and experience with a firearm, facing a gunman with an Ar-15 or similar weapon...there are a lot of scenarios that don't end well for the teacher or students...and then what happens when the swat team or local law enforcement enters the building, encounters an adult with a weapon...it could also end badly for the teacher...

Arming a million teachers is not the answer...

Some uncomfortable reading material that should be required reading.
IMG_8122.JPG .

I’ve read this book nine times. Once a year since I’ve owned it. It always seems to find its way into my hands after one of these incidents.
IMG_8121.JPG .

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In Nevada, teachers (and other school staff) with CCW already have the ability to carry on school grounds and in class. They must get approval from the principal which I am certain is not given lightly.

My CCW instructor is a school teacher and a certified firearm instructor who trains regularly. She knows what she is doing, and is the type of person who I would want to carry in a school.

That said, most of the teachers I know are not properly trained to carry, much less trained to carry in a school setting. I’m glad they are not forced to do something they are neither qualified nor comfortable doing.

JAGS

Hooked
My sister is a teacher in CO...and she does not want to train to carry a firearm...there isn't even enough financial resources to teach properly, let alone deal with training and carrying a firearm.

There was a trained, armed deputy in uniform at that school in FL...he took a "defensive" position outside while listening to gunshots inside the building...that didn't save a single life.

My father was a police officer, and was in the military...and nothing is more difficult than responding to an armed suspect with little regard for their own life...imagine a teacher with a sidearm, with limited training and experience with a firearm, facing a gunman with an Ar-15 or similar weapon...there are a lot of scenarios that don't end well for the teacher or students...and then what happens when the swat team or local law enforcement enters the building, encounters an adult with a weapon...it could also end badly for the teacher...

Arming a million teachers is not the answer...

I totally agree with you. Teachers have a hard enough time and not enough resources, ya know, teaching. Teachers need to teach and not be Rambos.

Maybe if this country put more into the education system, we wouldn't have as many issues as we do?? But I doubt we could even agree on that.

School safety is a necessity. Adding civilian firearms will only open the door to more problems. You see how many fights go on in schools in inner cities? How long would it be for one of those firearms to be used against combative students.

I've got to believe there are more and better options.

Top Bottom