Recent Shooting and Discussion

JAGS

Hooked
Let me guess, still “too soon?” Pretty sad how often this thread can be resuscitated.

Hey brute, hope your family is doing ok! Hope your niece is getting support. Don’t just brush it under the rug. These issues don’t just count the dead as their victims. It becomes exponential.

Brute

Hooked
Let me guess, still “too soon?” Pretty sad how often this thread can be resuscitated.

Hey brute, hope your family is doing ok! Hope your niece is getting support. Don’t just brush it under the rug. These issues don’t just count the dead as their victims. It becomes exponential.

I agree...and they are doing well, thank you. I had dinner with them last light...I flew them into Hawaii for a week of r&r...

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I know what I am about to say is going to be unpopular here...but serious discussion needs to be started about how to make it more difficult to acquire certain types of firearms...

A 19 yo cannot buy a beer, but can purchase an AR platform weapon...

It takes far more paperwork, time and scrutiny to get a loan, buy a car or home...but about 20 minutes to get an AR-15...

I grew up in a hunting and fishing culture...my dad was a police officer, and previously was in the Army. I grew up around hunting rifles and shotguns...50 years ago, no one hunted deer with semi-auto's...pop's had a .270 Weatherby Magnum and a .243 Mannlicher-Schonauer...I owned a Springfield .30-06 (same one carried into battle in WWI...and shot damn straight!)...and we both had a brace of different types of shotguns.

I am definitely against banning private ownership of weapons...but perhaps we may need to revisit the process in which we acquire them...times are certainly far different than when I was young...

They say if you keep doing the exact same thing over and over again, but expect a different result...this would be the definition of insanity. For the sake of our children, and our children's children, we need to start the discussion to make it more difficult for these events to keep happening...because what we are doing right now is clearly not working...

My two cents...

This thread was originally here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51935-Prayers-for-the-17-kids-killed-today!!

I completely agree. It's taken me years to get to this point. It is too easy for a psycho to get a gun.

I recently purchased a NFA class III item. It was a pain in the ass and the wait sucked. I personally think any magazine fed semi-auto firearm should probably require the same amount of effort... I believe it would at least deter some of these psychos. This move would significantly devalue my collection of firearms but I think it's the right thing to do...

Brute

Hooked
I completely agree. It's taken me years to get to this point. It is too easy for a psycho to get a gun.

I recently purchased a NFA class III item. It was a pain in the ass and the wait sucked. I personally think any magazine fed semi-auto firearm should probably require the same amount of effort... I believe it would at least deter some of these psychos. This move would significantly devalue my collection of firearms but I think it's the right thing to do...

Bravo!.....

TrailHunter

Hooked
So what’s happened this time been working haven’t seen the news

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

19yo "Man" killed 3 and injured 12, at the Northern California Garlic Fest. 2 of the victims were children. The POS had earlier posted on social media about a racist white supremacist manifesto published in 1890. He purchased the AK-47 legally in Nevada.. on July 9th.

Last edited:

kellyk

I agree with you guys, but we need to look at the parents as well. Trout you are correct about most of the parents today. As a whole we should look back and realize that our parents and grandparents weren’t just old school, they have morals and values and they did their best to past those onto their children. Somewhere along the way those life lessons have been left behind because of the right now attitudes. Everyone trying to be the first to have the latest gadget. How bout telling the kids no when they ask for a new $1000 iPhone when their only in the 3rd grade. And if they act out public, then the discipline happens in public. Don’t be afraid to teach your children and punish them when they deserve it. My brother and I took plenty of good old spankings and believe we turned out pretty good.

Brute

Hooked
I agree with you guys, but we need to look at the parents as well. Trout you are correct about most of the parents today. As a whole we should look back and realize that our parents and grandparents weren’t just old school, they have morals and values and they did their best to past those onto their children. Somewhere along the way those life lessons have been left behind because of the right now attitudes. Everyone trying to be the first to have the latest gadget. How bout telling the kids no when they ask for a new $1000 iPhone when their only in the 3rd grade. And if they act out public, then the discipline happens in public. Don’t be afraid to teach your children and punish them when they deserve it. My brother and I took plenty of good old spankings and believe we turned out pretty good.

What do you think might be easier to control...changing human behavior and eliminating mental illness?... or make it more difficult to acquire certain firearms...

TrailHunter

Hooked
What do you think might be easier to control...changing human behavior and eliminating mental illness?... or make it more difficult to acquire certain firearms...

I see your point... but which type of firearm could not kill 3 and injure 12?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

If not semi auto firearms, then bombs (Boston), swords (Sydney), planes or maybe OG killing tools, rocks. Not to make light. But banning all inanimate objects is not the answer.

Leeboy03

Agreed. Everyone assumes getting rid of guns would make a difference but I just don’t see it. As much as I enjoy my guns, I would have no problem with making them harder to get. I have multiple NFA items that I waited over a year to get. But In all honesty I don’t think it would help anything. When someone makes up their mind to do some selfish/senseless shit like this, they will find a way. Look at how many people have been hurt/killed from psychos running into crowds with a vehicle.

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you were at an event with an active shooter, tell me which weapon would you prefer him or her to have?..:and be honest

And don’t say musket loader...

The lowest capacity, smallest caliber possible. But who would try to commit mass murder with a .22 single shot revolver? Lets just Pretend he could not get a Semi Auto rifle of ANY type. Or any High Capacity Magazines. So the Dick uses a Glock 19, with multiple 10 rd mags in his pocket. Then what? Better Odds of survival?

Brute

Hooked
The lowest capacity, smallest caliber possible. But who would try to commit mass murder with a .22 single shot revolver? Lets just Pretend he could not get a Semi Auto rifle of ANY type. Or any High Capacity Magazines. So the Dick uses a Glock 19, with multiple 10 rd mags in his pocket. Then what? Better Odds of survival?

If you were in a field in Gilroy with your six yo child, running away from him as fast as you can carry your boy, would you rather he have a) an AR with a 30 rnd mag and a bunch of mags strapped to his chest, b) a Glock 9mm with six extra mags, c) a 12 ga pump with seven rounds and a pocket full of shells or d) a bolt action 30.06 with a handful of shells in his pocket.

The police response time at Gilroy was around sixty seconds when they engaged the shooter before they put him down...in sixty seconds he ended the life of three people, and changed the quality of life of 12...

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you were in a field in Gilroy with your six yo child, running away from him as fast as you can carry your boy, would you rather he have a) an AR with a 30 rnd mag and a bunch of mags strapped to his chest, b) a Glock 9mm with six extra mags, c) a 12 ga pump with seven rounds and a pocket full of shells or d) a bolt action 30.06 with a handful of shells in his pocket.

The police response time at Gilroy was around sixty seconds when they engaged the shooter before they put him down...in sixty seconds he ended the life of three people, and changed the quality of life of 12...

c) a 12 ga pump with seven rounds and a pocket full of shells....

Top Bottom