Recent Shooting and Discussion

WJCO

Meme King
Another reason these continue to happen in regards to media/news. Lyrics included in video. Song released in 2015.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Shooter was recently fired or suspended. Similar to a few weeks ago just north of gilroy at the Ford dealership in Morgan Hill. Guy got fired, came back and killed two people.

“WREG-TV in Memphis reports the former employee and alleged shooter was suspended on Monday after being accused of pulling a knife and threatening a store customer. Although unclear exactly, it would appear the terminated employee returned to the store this morning to take revenge.”

https://m.magnoliastatelive.com/201...d-include-police-officer-and-alleged-shooter/

Two Walmart employees are dead. The two listed as injured, are a law enforcement officer, and the shooter. It isn’t really a mass shooting, but more a disgruntled employee situation. No word yet on the weapon, so it probably was not an, “assault rifle.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

A.J.

More difficult to purchase a/r style rifle. Ok cool. How about lever action? Ever been to a Cowboy Action competition? I agree with the sentiment of making certain firearms harder to acquire but realistically/logistically speaking I don’t believe it will make a difference. It’s like placing a large rock in a creek. The water just finds a way around it. I wish I knew the answer.

Brute

Hooked
More difficult to purchase a/r style rifle. Ok cool. How about lever action? Ever been to a Cowboy Action competition? I agree with the sentiment of making certain firearms harder to acquire but realistically/logistically speaking I don’t believe it will make a difference. It’s like placing a large rock in a creek. The water just finds a way around it. I wish I knew the answer.

Ever meet a beaver?...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So what do you plan to dam up? Crazy people or guns? I knew that was coming btw.

I think that most reasonable people can agree that the problem is very complex and there is never going to be one easy solution. Complex problems usually require complex solutions and I, as a lawful gun owner, am unwilling to accept the premise that the number of firearms in our society (and the ease of obtaining them) should not be part of the discussion.

A.J.

I think that most reasonable people can agree that the problem is very complex and there is never going to be one easy solution. Complex problems usually require complex solutions and I, as a lawful gun owner, am unwilling to accept the premise that the number of firearms in our society (and the ease of obtaining them) should not be part of the discussion.

I don’t disagree with that. It is complex. Without diving head first into the slippery slope argument you know better than I how precedence is used in our legal system. How do we define “assault weapon “ then once it is defined that precedence is then used to leverage the next decision. Oops! Damn it! There’s that slippery slope. Ugh.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don’t disagree with that. It is complex. Without diving head first into the slippery slope argument you know better than I how precedence is used in our legal system. How do we define “assault weapon “ then once it is defined that precedence is then used to leverage the next decision. Oops! Damn it! There’s that slippery slope. Ugh.

Well, for that matter, how do you define "arms"? Or how do you deal with the fact that the 2nd Amendment presents "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" in the context of a well regulated Militia? What is a Militia? Regardless, the framers certainly contemplated that whatever it is...it is supposed to be "well regulated".

At some point reasonable minds have to step beyond slippery slopes, technical legal arguments, and political positions in favor of taking baby steps towards a better existence.

A.J.

Well, for that matter, how do you define "arms"? Or how do you deal with the fact that the 2nd Amendment presents "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" in the context of a well regulated Militia? What is a Militia? Regardless, the framers certainly contemplated that whatever it is...it is supposed to be "well regulated".

At some point reasonable minds have to step beyond slippery slopes, technical legal arguments, and political positions in favor of taking baby steps towards a better existence.

Completely agree. Now we have to determine what “reasonable minds” are. I guess that’s why we vote? That’s how these complex things get decided right?

Ddays

Hooked
Now we have to determine what “reasonable minds” are. I guess that’s why we vote? That’s how these complex things get decided right?

Was that comment intended to be in the joke thread? Does anyone have any faith whatsoever left that we should trust in our elected officials to get anything right any longer?
Politics are a total free-for-all.

jesse3638

Hooked
Was that comment intended to be in the joke thread? Does anyone have any faith whatsoever left that we should trust in our elected officials to get anything right any longer?

On that note, anyone watching the upcoming democratic debates?....:crazyeyes:

A.J.

It’s no joke. So now we have extremists on both sides doing most of the barking and creating more division in the name of equality. It’s really a mess. So all of our forward thinking is taking us backwards. All the way back to the Civil war? Sad. Really sad.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
On that note, anyone watching the upcoming democratic debates?....:crazyeyes:

download.jpg

It’s no joke. So now we have extremists on both sides doing most of the barking and creating more division in the name of equality. It’s really a mess. So all of our forward thinking is taking us backwards. All the way back to the Civil war? Sad. Really sad.

Of course it's no joke. Its a tragedy. I've been a faithful voter for 33 years. Started when I was 21. Followed issues daily. Educated myself on the important issues. Stand back and look at what we have as representatives: Trump, AOC, Hillary, Obama, Harris, pick 'em. Does anyone have a realistic expectation that these people are interested in saving us?

At this point, the only thing I can think of that could possibly weed these idiots out is term limits. And good luck with that. Can't wait until the generation of retards gathered to storm
Area 51 get into office.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 331735

Of course it's no joke. Its a tragedy. I've been a faithful voter for 33 years. Started when I was 21. Followed issues daily. Educated myself on the important issues. Stand back and look at what we have as representatives: Trump, AOC, Hillary, Obama, Harris, pick 'em. Does anyone have a realistic expectation that these people are interested in saving us?

At this point, the only thing I can think of that could possibly weed these idiots out is term limits. And good luck with that. Can't wait until the generation of retards gathered to storm
Area 51 get into office.

I think the AOC supporters really believe she is the messiah. Lol

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
A lot of quality discussion in here.
I’ve always been an “over my dead body” type of person, but in the last few years I have to say I’ve given way from that. While I don’t believe any existing legal firearms should be banned, I have to agree that it is pretty dang easy to get one. As I have recently moved to Texas, I have to say I feel that they are on the right track. You cannot purchase a pistol or “concealable” firearm without a License to Carry from the state of TX.
At least if someone were to not have their LTC they couldn’t waltz down to the store on a whim and pick up a Glock to go kill some people.
And maybe there should be a few day or week waiting period to pick up a new weapon. As well a an LTC of sorts or Class III license to own a semi auto capable of utilizing a magazine.

I have to note though that I am a firm believer in the right to protect myself AND own all of the firearms I please. So I’m always conflicted when it comes to this as I do know it’s a slippery slope until we are like the UK or Australia where guns are outlawed completely. But sitting idle also isn’t doing anything

kellyk

View attachment 331735

Area 51 get into office.

Trump is about the best thing we’ve had since Reagan by the way

Top Bottom