Recent Shooting and Discussion

TrailHunter

Hooked
So the guys crying for more guns. Be honest. How many rounds do you shoot a month? How many classes have you taken? Do any of you carry an Israeli Bandage? Have you taken any classes to stop major blood loss?

Everyone thinks they will rise to the occasion or expectations. In reality you will FALL to your level of training.

Don’t carry a gun if you don’t put in the work and continue to do so. Or as the hip kids say. Stay in your fucking lane.

“On Combat” Really opened my eyes to what you are saying. Internet tough guy talk is just that.... All Talk.

BackcountryJKU16

Im licensed to carry, but the gun is always home in the safe. I do have an israeli bandage, chest seals, hemostatic agents, tourniquet, and other stuff on me almost always. Statistically bubba with a pistol is not going to stop a maniac with an AR. On the other hand, my tiny bit of knowledge and small trauma kit would very likely make the difference in saving a couple people that fell victim to a maniac armed by the NRA.
So the guys crying for more guns. Be honest. How many rounds do you shoot a month? How many classes have you taken? Do any of you carry an Israeli Bandage? Have you taken any classes to stop major blood loss?

Everyone thinks they will rise to the occasion or expectations. In reality you will FALL to your level of training.

Don’t carry a gun if you don’t put in the work and continue to do so. Or as the hip kids say. Stay in your fucking lane.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Statistically bubba with a pistol is not going to stop a maniac with an AR.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
You’d be surprised what I can do with just a 10mm, wrench...

If you train to use the weapon enough and prepare yourself both mentally and physically, you’re far more equipped to outgun one of these mass shooters. Personally I feel the LTC should require some sort of continuing education, even if it was just bi-annual. Here in Texas you go years before having to re-new and the process is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

If you train to use the weapon enough and prepare yourself both mentally and physically, you’re far more equipped to outgun one of these mass shooters. Personally I feel the LTC should require some sort of continuing education, even if it was just bi-annual. Here in Texas you go years before having to re-new and the process is a joke.

Muscle memory. Let’s not even talk about a 1/2 ratchet.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is fucked. These poor people.. I told my wife yesterday to just stay away from big stores for a while. F’n Tragic.

No doubt now the politicians will be in full force: The Narrative is set... Elections are coming... Here come the Bans.

The title to the article I saw said 13 hours of bloodshed.

I’m really glad you said this. It’s shows mindset. [emoji106]
Something everyone should think about from time to time. Get lost in your thoughts and visualize what you would do in a deadly scenario. Throwing a wrench (can’t be a 10mm it’s already missing [emoji6]) throwing a book, chair, anything. Studies show that once a shooter is confronted regardless of weapon used to confront they point their gun at themselves and hit the reset button.

JAGS

Hooked
IMG_7779.jpg

This is what I wake up to. Top two news stories. Less than 24 hrs apart. Some people would cry and say what a sad, troubled, and divisive world and USA we now live in.

Others wake up to this and think wholly shit their gonna ban my guns. It’s a common defense mechanism throughout 900 posts.
Even more proof of our sadness and divisiveness.

Some in his country and even some people on this forum are pretty fucked up to turn away from this. Meanwhile, sharkey and brute could run for office and they’d have my vote. Go back and read their posts and look at some of the arguments and counter arguments they give factual evidence for and even some common sense along the way. Neither cave to the “ban my guns” false narrative put out their by the money laundering NRA.

This issue is only going to get worse because we literally do nothing and expect a different result.

I’ve shared my .02 that nobody will care about. Now it’s time to get ready to go back to school shopping and suppress any fears I might have and live my life. I’m sure this will all blow over in a couple days.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
251 “mass shootings” since the beginning of the year with 520 people killed.

293 people murdered in the city of Chicago since the beginning of the year. One city.

How come one of these is an issue and the other isn’t? 100 times more likely to get killed in Chicago than during a mass shooting.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

293 people murdered in the city of Chicago since the beginning of the year. One city.

How come one of these is an issue and the other isn’t? 100 times more likely to get killed in Chicago than during a mass shooting.

My theory is this:

It would seem that many have more or less “accepted” that this is how Chicago is. Being that it is relatively isolated to that city outsiders are not concerned.
These “mass shootings” are popping up in random places that you would never expect and rattling peoples cages.

Both are bad, both need attention. I don’t think the same solution will work for both though. There should be some attempt at making firearms tougher to get so people can’t go out on a whim and go on a killing spree. Chicago, on the other hand, already has severely strict gun laws. I would think that a large scale law enforcement agency needs to be brought in to help clean up the thugs and gangs in the city and public support given to help improve these impoverished neighborhoods and communities. Helping to raise people’s quality of life might be a start in righting their violence problems.

TrailHunter

Hooked

I’m guessing because Chicago is a problem of Poverty and Criminal records. This isn’t the Narrative they care about. Every news Channel right now is focusing on “White Nationalism” and how it relates to Trump and the elections. It’s not about Lives lost... it’s about political gains. This is why I question vote driven solutions from Politicians. I’d rather see Law Enforcement leaders from around the nation get together, and come up with Solutions that actually work.

rmilobrown

The number of dead at the abortion clinics is close to a half million, no body is going to touch that either. People are Savages! Keep your head down and your powder dry, try to remember how our fathers were raised.

HAPPYTRAILS

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The number of dead at the abortion clinics is close to a half million, no body is going to touch that either. People are Savages! Keep your head down and your powder dry, try to remember how our fathers were raised.

HAPPYTRAILS

Abortion is another topic that has nothing to do with this. Start a new thread for that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My theory is this:

It would seem that many have more or less “accepted” that this is how Chicago is. Being that it is relatively isolated to that city outsiders are not concerned.
These “mass shootings” are popping up in random places that you would never expect and rattling peoples cages.

Both are bad, both need attention. I don’t think the same solution will work for both though. There should be some attempt at making firearms tougher to get so people can’t go out on a whim and go on a killing spree. Chicago, on the other hand, already has severely strict gun laws. I would think that a large scale law enforcement agency needs to be brought in to help clean up the thugs and gangs in the city and public support given to help improve these impoverished neighborhoods and communities. Helping to raise people’s quality of life might be a start in righting their violence problems.

I’m guessing because Chicago is a problem of Poverty and Criminal records. This isn’t the Narrative they care about. Every news Channel right now is focusing on “White Nationalism” and how it relates to Trump and the elections. It’s not about Lives lost... it’s about political gains. This is why I question vote driven solutions from Politicians. I’d rather see Law Enforcement leaders from around the nation get together, and come up with Solutions that actually work.

You get fame and celebrity status for a mass shooting. You just get a kill count in Chicago.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

How come one of these is an issue and the other isn’t?

That’s easy to answer even though nobody really wants to say it out loud. Generally speaking, the answer is that nobody really cares about inner city poor black kids killing each other in gang/turf/drug/whatever crimes. Nobody cares because the collective population isn’t really at risk. The majority of the murders in Chicago are not just random killings.

In reality, I am zero times more likely to get killed in Chicago then I am to get shot in a mass killing in my hometown. I don’t live in Chicago and am unlikely to visit it...certainly very unlikely to visit the high crime areas or put myself in a situation where 1:1 crime is likely.

Mass killings are typically random and the victims are not usually in the process of participating in a crime or some other activity that could generally be considered dangerous. Since they are random, people feel like they have less control over whether they end up in a mass killing situation, and that is what scares people.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
That’s easy to answer even though nobody really wants to say it out loud. Generally speaking, the answer is that nobody really cares about inner city poor black kids killing each other in gang/turf/drug/whatever crimes. Nobody cares because the collective population isn’t really at risk. The majority of the murders in Chicago are not just random killings.

In reality, I am zero times more likely to get killed in Chicago then I am to get shot in a mass killing in my hometown. I don’t live in Chicago and am unlikely to visit it...certainly very unlikely to visit the high crime areas or put myself in a situation where 1:1 crime is likely.

Mass killings are typically random and the victims are not usually in the process of participating in a crime or some other activity that could generally be considered dangerous. Since they are random, people feel like they have less control over whether they end up in a mass killing situation, and that is what scares people.

I think you have a greater chance of getting struck by lightening or eaten by a shark than getting killed in a mass shooting incident. The press highlights the exceptional situations with much fanfare, and people vastly over perceive the risk to themselves.

Exodus 4x4

It’s why people use Chicago as an example of gun control failing. Not that you need that pointed out to you.

I think someone pointed out the number of firearms that currently exist in the United States and it was like 400 million or so. Whatever. At some point it’s so high it’s arbitrary. Anyways it’s pretty safe to say even if all gun manufacturing and sales stopped today, there’s plenty available. Turn them all in to be destroyed? Even if you had 99.99% confiscated/turned in, that still leaves 4,000,000 guns available to the public in some way. How may does it take for a mass shooting? The remaining .01% that didn’t turn in are most likely, or would be post ban, criminal. So obviously a highly effective gun ban or confiscation (99.99% success rate) wouldn’t solve the problem completely. Legislation is out.

A well armed and trained law enforcement? Already there and even with the best response times are preventing deaths.

I honestly believe the answer is rooted in society and therefore very complicated. It’s mental health and there’s so many variables there, it’s hard to pinpoint where to start. It also takes someone much smarter and more qualified to speak in that area, than a bunch of Jeep enthusiasts on a forum.

Top Bottom