Recommendation on a Front Trackbar

jeepgreenjon

If your factory trac bar is still in good shape (bushings not worn out) I would recommend using it with a good relocation bracket. If its not in good shape, as mine wasnt. I had originally went with a rough country adjustable track bar. It was terrible, the end joints were covered by rough country free of charge but I got tired of replacing them every six months. I then went with a JKS that has a Johnny joint end on it and have had good luck up to this point, mind you it has only been on the jeep for 8 months and this is the first winter it is seeing.

rinkishjk

I have ran a jks front and rear bar since 09. I've had great luck with them. I also have the front weld on relocation bracket, frame side bracket, and the rear relocation bracket. All works great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Went with the JKS track bar. Will report back when I install it. It does look like a very nice part

LOL!! You do know that people were recommending a drag link flip/track bar relocation as it will not only help to recenter your axle but will also correct your steering geometry, right?

Good luck to you and your new track bar. JKS is a good company and make a lot of products that I like such as their sway bar disconnects and rear adjustable spring perches but the 3 different JKS front track bars that I tried running all had bending issues. Hopefully they've got that fixed now.

Chasemccl

I've got the RK trackbar. It's not bad but it was a pain to get the jam nuts tight on that thing. If I remember right I think they said it need like 300 ft lbs. I've never seen on in person but the teraflex monster front trackbar looks pretty nice

swampdog

I've got the RK trackbar. It's not bad but it was a pain to get the jam nuts tight on that thing. If I remember right I think they said it need like 300 ft lbs. I've never seen on in person but the teraflex monster front trackbar looks pretty nice

250 ft-lbs, and I think all adjustable track bars have the tricky jamb nuts

Chasemccl

250 ft-lbs, and I think all adjustable track bars have the tricky jamb nuts

Maybe it was 250, either way I had a hard time doing it by myself. Here's the teraflex one I was talking about looks like you can just tighten it with an impact ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453500762.809236.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy shit. I've never seen any track bar do that. Ouch.

Here's another "Monster" track bar.

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WTF are they making those out of?

Same thing as what they make their tire carriers and long arm brackets out of. Of course, they'll tell you that any break to any of their parts is "install error" BUT, they'll hook you up with a new one just because they're nice that way :crazyeyes:

attachment.php

Of course, I don't know who they blame when the break occurs on their own Jeep.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom