Removing the Rug under the Floor mats on a JK

mtnbiker995

I'm in and out of my Jeep enough in the rain/snow/dirt that my carpets got very moldy so I pulled them and just use quadratec rubber floor mats

American outlaw

Everyone's talking about AC lol what's AC. I roll with the top and doors off most of the time. There has been a few times i have regretted not getting it. Mainly because of my girlfriend complaining.

mtnbiker995

Everyone's talking about AC lol what's AC. I roll with the top and doors off most of the time. There has been a few times i have regretted not getting it. Mainly because of my girlfriend complaining.

I don't have it either. . .I put a hole in my A.C. condenser and can't justify my A.C. being worth the $115 for a new condenser

Jeepmaverick

I've had my carpet out almost 2 years now in my JKU. Pulled it in summer and didn't mind the noise with top and doors off and it's hot anyway. mid winter I noticed the sound more so I sprayed some bedliner I had laying around and it did ok. Wanted it to be better so I sanded out the bedliner and sprayed 2 layers of "iron armor professional rubberized undercoating" and it is amazing what that stuff does. There's less noise than when I had the carpet in and can't feel the heat at all. I just recently got an itch to mess with the jeep and sprayed the inside of all the doors with it in black. I was tired of so much silver everywhere and wanted a more uniform look. I can hardly hear my Mickey Thompson claws at 70mph now! It's 5.50 a can a harbor freight and has a nice flat black look and texture. Oh and I live in Texas and experience 120-single digit temperatures and it works for all degrees so were all covered:thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390366159.786222.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390366192.627467.jpg
Just a thought for those of you open to noise/heat reduction ideas. Also there's a silver JKU on the can :)

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
If anyone is interested you can come out here for the summer....its only 55 c (134 F) with 80+ humidity...... mandals, A/C, carpet in, doors on, roof lining on...anyone ? anyone ? ;)

Where the fuc..... *looks at location* ah, I know your pain. Transiting the Gulf of Aden and sailing to Dubai (well... Jebel Ali, quick taxi ride to Dubai) was hot as hell (and that was winter). Hahah

RMC2

Caught the Bug
110 dry heat is hot

80 and humid is miserable. I break out in a sweat when it is 60 here. Hell i was sweating at 30 the other morning but that may be exertion.

I will take the dry heat. And yes I know the difference.

I also know 151 and dry heat (and being shot at). We used sand bags instead of carpet and doors off. Noisy and hot. That was absolutely mid-evil.

I like the idea of the rubber bed tred/rug but do not know if it would be quieter or cooler than stock. Bare steel is only easier to clean/dry and that is it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I like the idea of the rubber bed tred/rug but do not know if it would be quieter or cooler than stock. Bare steel is only easier to clean/dry and that is it.
I'm running the BedTread. It has an insulation layer underneath it that is actually better than the factory carpet has.

EDIT: I should also note that I did run with the floor mats on the bare metal floor for a while. Not only did it scratch them to crap, but it allowed the slush mats to move around and potentially bunch up under the pedals. That was a no go for me.

Last edited:
Did the TJ have this insulation too? Because mine was hot in the foot wells no matter which way I ran it. The set up that Americaninfidel has does look like the best option.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Did the TJ have this insulation too? Because mine was hot in the foot wells no matter which way I ran it. The set up that Americaninfidel has does look like the best option.

No idea about the insulation on the TJs. I can say that after running several different configurations on several Jeeps, this has been my favorite. The worst route I ever did was Bedliner. I do not miss the wet, dirty carpet days at all.

Top Bottom