Removing the Rug under the Floor mats on a JK

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
:cheesy: I realize that you're from Texas and are proud of it but it doesn't mean that the heat is actually hotter there. I mean, I know it gets hot there but, if you do any traveling, you would find that it's hot in a lot of places.

Well, SoCal is a big desert. Same is true of Arizona and Nevada. I spend a lot of time wheeling in all these states and like you, trying to keep cool is important to me. I've forded rivers and have had to pull my carpet out but, have always put it back in after I got it cleaned and allowed it to dry out completely. But hey, that's just me.

It's a neat idea and something I had done on my old CJ and, some guys are cool with the added heat but, to suggest that there isn't a noticeable change without the carpeting is just silly to me.

Bakersfield hits 100 all summer long but it's a dry heat.

jorgelrod

Hooked
My 2014's rug is sectioned as well like the 2013 but it has some stitches to between each section to kinda keep it together, After I get back I'll do a temperature comparison and see if they stay on or off...

Jorge

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I was being a smartass, it's fucking hot. I don't even put the top down when it's over 100.

Agreed, hot is hot, cold is cold. We saw record lows here last week, -16, coldest it's been since the late '80s. I came to the conclusion that once it gets below 0, I can't tell the difference, it's Fing cold. As far as heat goes, the top is closed above 100 for sure .

Spartan

I could of missed it, but I don't see anyone saying anything about either style of Bed Rugs. I have never used it, but it's something that you could look into instead or Rhino Lining your Jeep.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I could of missed it, but I don't see anyone saying anything about either style of Bed Rugs. I have never used it, but it's something that you could look into instead or Rhino Lining your Jeep.

I've had bed rugs in my old trucks and while I loved them, why would you get rid of your carpet to put in another carpet?

Top Bottom