Reno/Carson Area run 12/17/16 or 12/18/16

benatc1

Hooked
I am in and thank you for the invitation Ben. I am looking forward to this run this Saturday. We did agree on Saturday, right? Or Sunday, I can move schedules.

I am working on inviting KICKROX, a semi newby named David and my good friend Tim (not a forum member...yet). I'll update the thread through Ben. I am curious if MTG or Sharkey can go?

Meanwhile, I will try to find a leak that just sprung up on the PSC power steering pump. I hope it is only a tightening of the fitting...fingers crossed guys.

thats awesome man, yes Saturday morning! the more the merrier, I don't have their #s and they haven't chimed in yet but would be awesome if they could. Hope you can get that leak figured out and I hear there aren't many sticks out this way, so you should be good....

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm trying to see if I can make this work. What time do you expect to be back? I haven't done that run before, is it a 35's and up type of run or can I fight my way through with a stocker and maybe a couple of tugs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to see if I can make this work. What time do you expect to be back? I haven't done that run before, is it a 35's and up type of run or can I fight my way through with a stocker and maybe a couple of tugs?

You can do it stock. The biggest grief on the trail is the wall of tumble weeds you can encounter in the canyon. The trail could easily take the better part of a day and I personally wouldn't recommend planning anything after.

Is there a link for a map? I'm trying to decide if I can make it. I'm in Bakersfield, Ca. I know Reno is about a five/six hour drive... I think.

parati ad omnia!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Bummer this isn't Sunday, I've been wanting to get out there. Unfortunately we have a conflict Saturday. Subscribed in case that changes.

My work scheduled lightened up for a while so we should be more free to get out for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked

we can leave earlier in the morning if it works better for you, makes no differnce to me anyway

Is there a link for a map? I'm trying to decide if I can make it. I'm in Bakersfield, Ca. I know Reno is about a five/six hour drive... I think.

parati ad omnia!

bit of a hike from Bakersfield, plus about another hour north of Reno, but would be awesome if you could make the trip, sure there will be more int he future tho!

Bummer this isn't Sunday, I've been wanting to get out there. Unfortunately we have a conflict Saturday. Subscribed in case that changes.

My work scheduled lightened up for a while so we should be more free to get out for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bummer for sure, hope to see you out there soon, my schedule has lightened up a ton as well so lets make something happen soon!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think I'm out. I didn't realize it was a full day trail. While I would love to spend the whole day out, I have my office Christmas party that night and can't miss/be late to it.

Thanks for posting this up and setting up a run Ben, hopefully I can make the next one.

benatc1

Hooked
I think I'm out. I didn't realize it was a full day trail. While I would love to spend the whole day out, I have my office Christmas party that night and can't miss/be late to it.

Thanks for posting this up and setting up a run Ben, hopefully I can make the next one.

sounds good man, Tis the season! Any time man, ill see you soon!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Great news!! I got ahold of KICKROX and he is a very strong tentative. He will confirm with me, but he looks pretty good. I would put him in the "going" category, just to be sure.

Awesome.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Oh come one!!! Office party? Dude, you need to get your priorities straight.

Just kidding. I am bummed that you cannot make it. I'll take some pictures and send them to you. Maybe you and I can do this trip in the future.

benatc1

Hooked
Great news!! I got ahold of KICKROX and he is a very strong tentative. He will confirm with me, but he looks pretty good. I would put him in the "going" category, just to be sure.

Awesome.

Nice, havent seen KickRox in awhile so it will be good to get him back out there! ill throw him on the list

Robs_Red_JK

I might be able to join if there is still any room. I havent run that trail yet tho. How difficult is it? I have an 07 Rubi 2 door but my rear locker has been acting up so I have mostly only had the front one lately. if the trail is not real crazy tho it will be fine.

benatc1

Hooked
I might be able to join if there is still any room. I havent run that trail yet tho. How difficult is it? I have an 07 Rubi 2 door but my rear locker has been acting up so I have mostly only had the front one lately. if the trail is not real crazy tho it will be fine.
plenty of room to join! you should be good like Eddie said eariler it can be done stock with maybe a little help, so based on your profile I can't see you having issues, I'll put you on the list!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
nice to see a good group coming together. Let's meet at the Chevron on pyramid way up in Spanish Springs at 8am. on the corner of pyramid way and La Posada dr. if this doesn't work for anyone let us know and we can switch things up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Totally bummed. The logistics of getting up there won't work this time. I hope to get up there on the next run. Have a blast!! Post pics when everyone gets back. "Thumbs up"

parati ad omnia!

Fires JK

parati ad omnia!
Unfortunately it is a 7 hour drive from Bakersfield and then about another hour Northeast of Reno. The area we are looking at is just NE of Nixon. You can googlemap or earth Nightengale mine and search the area for trails.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately it is a 7 hour drive from Bakersfield and then about another hour Northeast of Reno. The area we are looking at is just NE of Nixon. You can googlemap or earth Nightengale mine and search the area for trails.

I am curious about the mud issue. We got a lot of rain recently and was wondering if you have run this trail before. Are we looking at bogs of mud or just a couple of puddles?

Top Bottom