Rock Krawler or Metal Cloak arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sure is but I've hit more trails and obstacles than many jeeps ever see in that year. Most SE parks eg Windrock, AOP, Harlan KY, Choccolocco, Moab, UT (Pritchett's, Rusty Nail, Area BFE, - the good challenging stuff not the boring stuff), etc. I'll be back at Moab in a couple months, going to hit a bunch of the Colorado trails this year, SMORR, and maybe a Rubicon run if I can make the logistics work.

Yeah, I just sit behind my computer all day and surf the internet like on YouTube, Facebook and the like - the good challenging stuff, not the boring stuff. But, I do plan on doing some google searches in a couple of months and they should count for something even though I haven't done them yet.

Not saying it's better than any other kit out there, just saying every product has failures

Never thought you said as much - just still don't have a clue as to what "every product" you keep on referring to as if it's supposed to mean something.

and while MC did, my experience is the product works for my use case now.

And, like I said, we all have our own idea of what hard use really is, how much is much and what constitutes a long time. It's all good by me.

:cheesy:

My experience has been different. I have ran the MC arms for 3 years, about 41K on them and haven't had any issues with them. I have one of the first arms designs with the joints welded instead of forged (like they are now). I have not taken the joints out to lube them or anything else, have ran trails in multiple states with no issues to them.

I know everyones opinions will vary, but I have been happy with them. If I ever do run into a problem with them, I will swap them out and probably go long arm.

Ummm, you've only got 41,000 miles on your Jeep in 3 years? Is that supposed to be a lot?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Sure is but I've hit more trails and obstacles than many jeeps ever see in that year. Most SE parks eg Windrock, AOP, Harlan KY, Choccolocco, Moab, UT (Pritchett's, Rusty Nail, Area BFE, - the good challenging stuff not the boring stuff), etc. I'll be back at Moab in a couple months, going to hit a bunch of the Colorado trails this year, SMORR, and maybe a Rubicon run if I can make the logistics work. I am not running Ultra4, no, and you wouldn't buy a kit like this for a Ultra4 rig - just hitting most of what the folks here will hit.

Not saying it's better than any other kit out there, just saying every product has failures and while MC did, my experience is the product works for my use case now.

Yep.

I wheeled more than that in one week on the JKX with factory control arms...

BigPrince

Yeah, I just sit behind my computer all day and surf the internet like on YouTube, Facebook and the like - the good challenging stuff, not the boring stuff. But, I do plan on doing some google searches in a couple of months and they should count for something even though I haven't done them yet.

Never thought you said as much. It's all good by me.

I wheeled more than that in one week on the JKX with factory control arms...

Cool thought but you're delusional with that one. I'll do JKX one day and am envious as it does seem cool but JKX < a week and half of wheeling Moab with the locals.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Cool thought but you're delusional with that one. I'll do JKX one day and am envious as it does seem cool but JKX < a week and half of wheeling Moab with the locals.

Lol your delusional cause piginajeep did do jkx on factory control arms with his bolt on coilovers

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I mean that's cool and all but, what is your point?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sure is but I've hit more trails and obstacles than many jeeps ever see in that year. Most SE parks eg Windrock, AOP, Harlan KY, Choccolocco, Moab, UT (Pritchett's, Rusty Nail, Area BFE, - the good challenging stuff not the boring stuff), etc. I'll be back at Moab in a couple months, going to hit a bunch of the Colorado trails this year, SMORR, and maybe a Rubicon run if I can make the logistics work. I am not running Ultra4, no, and you wouldn't buy a kit like this for a Ultra4 rig - just hitting most of what the folks here will hit.

Not saying it's better than any other kit out there, just saying every product has failures and while MC did, my experience is the product works for my use case now.

Yep.

Can't believe this hasn't come out yet.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449931675.473560.jpg

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yes and especially on a 2-door. You will see significant bowing of the rear coils and that will cause them to rub against the track bar. The degree wedges they sell won't be enough to fix this problem. If you go this route, I would recommend that you get JKS adjustable lower spring perches.

Ya know, I've seen a million bowed spring rock krawler posts & figured it was this or poorly positioned spring perches. Glad I know the answer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Since you seemed to have missed it, I wasn't trying to be self-deprecating because of anything you said, I was flat out trying to make fun of you for being such a self-declared badass.

It is funny to me how you still won't spill the beans on what all the "every product" you keep on saying has failed as if it's actually happened.

JKX < a week and half of wheeling Moab with the locals.

I hate to break it to you but, as cool as Moab is and as much of a badass you think you are for wheeling there once for half a week with some locals, that's far from being the kind test or even place that would reveal problems with a control arm joint. But hey, I've never attended a JKX event and I have never wheeled a trail in Moab so what would I know.

BigPrince

LOL!! Since you seemed to have missed it, I wasn't trying to be self-deprecating because of anything you said, I was flat out trying to make fun of you for being such a self-declared badass.

Not trying to be a badass, just quantifing what I consider "hard" since you questioned that, nothing more. Have a good weekend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not trying to be a badass, just quantifing what I consider "hard" since you questioned that, nothing more.

LOL!! I don't ever recall questioning what you consider "hard use" (that is the exact words you had said earlier), I simply stated that your "idea" of it was only "relative to you". What I WAS QUESTIONING from the very start was who "everyone else" was that "had failures in the past" just like MetalCloak. This is something you STILL haven't answered but of course, we all know full well that you won't because you can't.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks! I will and hope you'll have the same.

Jeepfan30

Finally got the EVO arms installed tonight, only did a quick test drive. First impressions, there things are massive!! Huge arms, much thicker than my old RK or MC arms. Massive Johnny joints on both ends, and the adjustability while mounted on the vehicle is super convenient. Going over railroad tracks and speed bumps the joints are complete silent and actually felt smoother than the MC front lower arms I had just removed. So far I am really happy with the EVO front lowers, tomorrow I'll get to test them on the highway going 70mph to work. Great product, really happy with them so far!

I will post an update once I get the EVO arms installed. They are supposed to arrive Wednesday, and I will hopefully get them installed over the weekend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got the EVO arms installed tonight, only did a quick test drive. First impressions, there things are massive!! Huge arms, much thicker than my old RK or MC arms. Massive Johnny joints on both ends, and the adjustability while mounted on the vehicle is super convenient. Going over railroad tracks and speed bumps the joints are complete silent and actually felt smoother than the MC front lower arms I had just removed. So far I am really happy with the EVO front lowers, tomorrow I'll get to test them on the highway going 70mph to work. Great product, really happy with them so far!

Awesome! Nothing like hearing a review based on personal experience and from someone who's tested more than just one product. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

projectMMTB

Awesome man!
Thanks for the follow up, definitely leaning evo.
Let us know how they are on the highway

Top Bottom