Rock Sliders

Havoc40

Love my EVO low angle sliders. Since I put them on mine, I've installed about 10 other sets on my friends rigs. They've all held up great.

I've also installed quite a few LoD sliders, and they're awesome for a bolt-on. I still weld them on, though.

Actually...here's a set I just painted last night for a buddy using Monstaliner. Going on this weekend!
20170328_220503[1].jpg
20170329_192938[1].jpg
20170330_191603[1].jpg

GraniteCrystal

Love my EVO low angle sliders. Since I put them on mine, I've installed about 10 other sets on my friends rigs. They've all held up great.

I've also installed quite a few LoD sliders, and they're awesome for a bolt-on. I still weld them on, though.

Actually...here's a set I just painted last night for a buddy using Monstaliner. Going on this weekend!
View attachment 250894
View attachment 250895
View attachment 250896
When you weld them on, do you also notice that the feet on them don't typically all lie flat on the frame?

Havoc40

When you weld them on, do you also notice that the feet on them don't typically all lie flat on the frame?

The first few times I welded these, I had that happen. Once I figured out the best settings for my welder, alternated between the feet on the finish welds, I never had it happen again.

WJCO

Meme King

Both the lod and the ones I have on mine had some gaps where the feet met the frame as well. I just did a couple passes when welding.

JeepJeep75

When I welded mine on I did notice that the base of the feet don't sit flush with the frame. I guess you could beat the edge of the flange over a bit to get it closer to the frame. I'm not sure how well that would work though since the flange has little gussets.

I used a couple ratchet straps to hold the sliders against the frame as tight as I could get them. I did have to make a few passes with the welder over the larger gapped areas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Im planning on purchasing EVO sliders. I am curious as to why people also purchase the rocker panel body armor in addition to the sliders?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Im planning on purchasing EVO sliders. I am curious as to why people also purchase the rocker panel body armor in addition to the sliders?

The sliders are connected to the frame which moves a bit from the body. In the event of a hard hit, it is possible for the slider to push against the body of the Jeep. Having the body armor will protect the body if such an incident occurs. And they look cool[emoji106]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The sliders are connected to the frame which moves a bit from the body. In the event of a hard hit, it is possible for the slider to push against the body of the Jeep. Having the body armor will protect the body if such an incident occurs. And they look cool[emoji106]

The frame does not move nor do the sliders. The body on the rubber body mounts is what moves.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The frame does not move nor do the sliders. The body on the rubber body mounts is what moves.

This is accurate. The JK has true body mounts in that they are isolators as opposed to just rubber pucks like they used to be and they allow for a significant amount of vertical movement. This is a big part of why the JK feels way more comfortable than an old TJ and why you feel such little road noise even with control arms that have a rod end for one of their joints.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just wish there was something available to hide where my frame rails hit the base of my tub in the rear.

20170204162042-d4818210.jpg

Top Bottom