Round 2

sean.m.adams33

I'm back and fourth already about just throwing on evo bolt on co's! Ugh! Skid kid has an awesome deal on some slabs and that makes me think of just going all out! The problem is spending 15k!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm back and fourth already about just throwing on evo bolt on co's! Ugh! Skid kid has an awesome deal on some slabs and that makes me think of just going all out! The problem is spending 15k!

You've said before you want DTD. If that's the case get the single coilover with the DTD brackets. It's easier to upgrade in the future of you do that.

sean.m.adams33

You've said before you want DTD. If that's the case get the single coilover with the DTD brackets. It's easier to upgrade in the future of you do that.

Then I have to do lever in the rear. You're right. I will just stick to the leveling kit and save more so I can do the DTD. Gonna do it once and right. Still thinking about picking up those slabs though.... That will throw off my tire size choice. Might have to go to 35's

StrizzyChris

Sorry- I have the 315/70 on a stock rim with 1.5" spacers (which should equal the backspacing with the slab, but the tire will be fatter and not as tall on the slab because the rim is wider).

A stock wheel is 6.25" BS so with a 1.5" spacer, it effectively makes the new BS 4.75". So slabs will still net 1.25" more BS than a stock wheel with a 1.5" spacer.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Then I have to do lever in the rear. You're right. I will just stick to the leveling kit and save more so I can do the DTD. Gonna do it once and right. Still thinking about picking up those slabs though.... That will throw off my tire size choice. Might have to go to 35's

Find some used 35's for the time being. You can probably sell your wheels and tires and get more then what used 35's would cost.

sean.m.adams33

Find some used 35's for the time being. You can probably sell your wheels and tires and get more then what used 35's would cost.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Probably gonna make a trip up to ORE next week. They paid off the old jeep yesterday. I have them re reviewing the payout since they didn't take any of the aftermarket upgrades into consideration.

pvanweelden

A stock wheel is 6.25" BS so with a 1.5" spacer, it effectively makes the new BS 4.75". So slabs will still net 1.25" more BS than a stock wheel with a 1.5" spacer.
yes- sorry- I was going to edit that post after I realized I said it was the same :grayno:
and you were right in your other post- that any rubbing issue would be with height of tire/not enough bumpstop and not backspacing :thumb:

sean.m.adams33

Checking out rancho, they have a 2" sport lift that comes with rs5000 for 280 plus a $25 rebate.... that's a pretty damn good deal. Anyone know how their springs ride? I have heard nothing but great things about the EVO springs but the price on this rancho deal is hard to beat considering what comes in the kit compared to what comes in the evo kit.

fancyHippo

Checking out rancho, they have a 2" sport lift that comes with rs5000 for 280 plus a $25 rebate.... that's a pretty damn good deal. Anyone know how their springs ride? I have heard nothing but great things about the EVO springs but the price on this rancho deal is hard to beat considering what comes in the kit compared to what comes in the evo kit.

I've been looking at the Rancho lifts as well. Seems like a great deal with the rebate right now. I'm also curious about the ride on the rs5000. Are those decent or would it be a much better choice to just spend a bit more for the rs9000xl

sean.m.adams33

I've been looking at the Rancho lifts as well. Seems like a great deal with the rebate right now. I'm also curious about the ride on the rs5000. Are those decent or would it be a much better choice to just spend a bit more for the rs9000xl

Good question. Hopefully rancho chimes in or someone with some experience with this kit/shocks.

Fragsrus

I just installed the Rancho 3" Sport kit with the 9000XLs. With the shocks set all the way down to one the ride is pretty damn soft. Of course, ride quality is completely subjective to the rider. My buddy said it feels a lot like his stock rig. However, I bought mine with a BB and shot springs so I have no idea what stock feels like.

sean.m.adams33

Well for those of you who have them, you knew truck lites would be my first mod. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402794727.509317.jpg
For those who don't have them, go get them. Now. Stop reading this. Make the purchase. This is by far the best upgrade I've done to my jeep(s). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402794791.449669.jpg
Real easy install. Honestly, I don't know y everyone doesn't make this their first mod.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402794895.725635.jpg

sean.m.adams33

Haven't updated in a while. Insurance battle is ongoing. Waiting on the $$$. While I wait I needed some peace of mind. Added some security.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403997597.533600.jpg
Went a little old school and got a club.
Also added a new anti theft device that's pretty new school. I feel a lot better about my jeeps security. Especially since I'm hoping to drop it off at ORE next month.....

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new rig.
I read through your old build and i thought that was awesome. I can only image what this one is going to turn out like with all the experience and knowledge of your last one. Good luck and look forward to seeing the progression!

sean.m.adams33

Congrats on the new rig.
I read through your old build and i thought that was awesome. I can only image what this one is going to turn out like with all the experience and knowledge of your last one. Good luck and look forward to seeing the progression!

Thanks a lot brother. I am headed to ORE on thursday to talk things over with Drew and set up the build date.

sean.m.adams33

Got a chance to throw on my gear decals today. Hopefully install the cb and windshield banner on Saturday.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405553122.367020.jpg

Also started a new trail bag. Don't mind all the electrical stuff, that's for the cb install.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1405553156.733758.jpg

Top Bottom