Rubi suspension

Brankz

I just put 4 door rubi shocks and 18/59 springs on my 2012 sport 2 door and got a good 1-1 1/2 inch of lift. The rubi shocks give it a better ride (I think), it feels more like a jeep. You will like it better.

Cool can't wait to get them

munstie

Take the old ones off put the new to you ones on.:D. Start by taking shocks off and disconnect sway bar if you have to, so you can get the springs out then reverse process to put it all back together. :thumbup:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

JKbrick

Get your jack stands up under the frame so you can take off your tires and let your axles down with your jack far enough for your springs to unseat, or a forklift

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Disconnect the track bars and and axle's will drop enough to change out. I did it this way and was pretty easy you may need to push down some on axle to put springs back in. If you go on one of the web sites like rough country and down load install for budget boost you can follow instruction on how to and what to loosen up or remove to drop axles and re-install if that make sense. it will include shock removel and re-install. Hope that helps.:thumb:

Brankz

Ok just waiting for the shocks and springs to get here and I will go for it.

I'm also looking to get a treraflex leveling kit

Thanks for the help
And springs and shocks :wave: :thumps:

Cajun JK

First time doing the spring swap and videos said to use a spring compressor so that's what I did. I'll know now if I do it again.

Tigrcky

overlander is right you dont need spring compressors and you dont need to undo the trackbars. however undoing the trackbars will help. however the spring compressors are very dangerous so any time you dont need to use them DONT. i have see springs launch out of those things and destroy stuff in a bad way all because someone didnt put them on right and didnt use the provided safety straps. do what the others have said put it on high jack stands, take off the tires, use a floor jack to lower the axle after removing the shocks (or socks lol ) then lower the axle with the floor jack till the springs unseat and then go about an inch lower they should come out with ease then put the new ones in and jack it up SLOWLY until you can see that the springs have seated properly, then bolt on the new shocks. then pump it up off the stands and put your tires back on. take your time and be safe! :thumb:

Brankz

overlander is right you dont need spring compressors and you dont need to undo the trackbars. however undoing the trackbars will help. however the spring compressors are very dangerous so any time you dont need to use them DONT. i have see springs launch out of those things and destroy stuff in a bad way all because someone didnt put them on right and didnt use the provided safety straps. do what the others have said put it on high jack stands, take off the tires, use a floor jack to lower the axle after removing the shocks (or socks lol ) then lower the axle with the floor jack till the springs unseat and then go about an inch lower they should come out with ease then put the new ones in and jack it up SLOWLY until you can see that the springs have seated properly, then bolt on the new shocks. then pump it up off the stands and put your tires back on. take your time and be safe! :thumb:

Thanks bro......

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Brankz- please do not use spring compressors under any circumstance. They aren't safe.

A bottle jack is a much safer and controlled way to go.

Brankz

Brankz- please do not use spring compressors under any circumstance. They aren't safe.

A bottle jack is a much safer and controlled way to go.

Thanks! I won't use spring compressors
I just say that so TIG stops posting lol
The rubi shocks are not that big so I will be ok.
I also have jack and j stands

Brankz

I should have the springs tomorrow and the shocks by Thursday

Finger crossed, I'm also looking in to get a TF leveling or BB I seen them on eBay for cheap

Top Bottom