RubiCAT Gettin EVO'd UP!!

Robar

The Enforcer
Is that a PJ hoop on the bumper? RubiCAT is looking awesome. I'm sure she rides even better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One quick question: With this lift, can you upgrade it to the full fledged Evo-lever kit, or would I have to buy a whole new system if I wanted to go that route in a few years? Keep up the awesome work, I love your websites and can't wait to get my build started.

first off, welcome to wayalife! regarding your question, if you were to upgrade to an evo-lever kit, you would have to buy a new system for the rear. up front, if you were to get a double throwdown system, you would need to upgrade the brackets there too.

rakattack526

first off, welcome to wayalife! regarding your question, if you were to upgrade to an evo-lever kit, you would have to buy a new system for the rear. up front, if you were to get a double throwdown system, you would need to upgrade the brackets there too.

Thanks, this is a great site you put together and I love your videos. I'm defiantly going to start saving for the EVO setup, but I'm thinking its a a couple years down the road. I'll settle with some mud tires for now.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
God I am still dying to see the rear coilover setup! How do you like that bumper compared to the LoD Sig Series shorty stinger? Been thing of getting the Evo 1/4 pounder with the stinger. Looks sweet!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, this is a great site you put together and I love your videos. I'm defiantly going to start saving for the EVO setup, but I'm thinking its a a couple years down the road. I'll settle with some mud tires for now.

thank you, we're so glad to hear that you like our site and videos. the best part about having a jeep is that you can still play as hard as you can for now with what you got and save up for future upgrades :yup:

God I am still dying to see the rear coilover setup! How do you like that bumper compared to the LoD Sig Series shorty stinger? Been thing of getting the Evo 1/4 pounder with the stinger. Looks sweet!

i really am sorry but right now, we are at the mercy of king who is still in the process of making our new rear coil overs. these are being made specifically for off road evolution and for this specific kit. with any luck, they will be ready tomorrow.

regarding front bumpers, both the evo and lod are really nice and if you want to keep your fog lights, the lod is the way to go. running truck-lites, i'm fine without them and so i prefer the evo quater pounders as it sits closer in, has a smaller profile and weighs less.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
i really am sorry but right now, we are at the mercy of king who is still in the process of making our new rear coil overs. these are being made specifically for off road evolution and for this specific kit. with any luck, they will be ready tomorrow.

regarding front bumpers, both the evo and lod are really nice and if you want to keep your fog lights, the lod is the way to go. running truck-lites, i'm fine without them and so i prefer the evo quater pounders as it sits closer in, has a smaller profile and weighs less.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

I was thinking the same thing about the bumpers. Follows the KISS idea well. Better approach angle and less weight. I wouldn't miss the fog lights since I have the HIDx lights, and thinking about the Rebel hid head lights.

Drayko88

Rubicat is looking stellar, its like the dream build for my 2012 : ). cant wait to hear how the new coilover system is. Would love to have them on my jku, need a lift first though : ).

wanderlust

RubiCat is really coming along, and looks awesome.

I've have a quick question, why JE Reel as opposed to Tom Woods or Coast drive shafts? You and Mel always seem to a really good reason for choosing what you do.

Thanks,

Bill

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicat is looking stellar, its like the dream build for my 2012 : ). cant wait to hear how the new coilover system is. Would love to have them on my jku, need a lift first though : ).

actually, the coil overs are your lift and you can technically run them with stock components. not that i would recommend it but, i thought i should poin that out. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RubiCat is really coming along, and looks awesome.

I've have a quick question, why JE Reel as opposed to Tom Woods or Coast drive shafts? You and Mel always seem to a really good reason for choosing what you do.

Thanks,

Bill

in spite of what some may try to suggest, i don't like tom wood shafts because he chooses to use cheap u-joints that are made in china and i have seen them fail prematurely and for no good reason time and time again. granted, this is just what i have seen and so you can take that with a grain of salt. of course, you can pay to have them upgraded with a set of spicer or neapco u-joints but, that makes them more expensive. regarding coast, i have run them in the past and they are really good drive shaft that come from the factory with spicer u-joints. i would recommend them to anyone. as far as why we decided to go with je reel, they are local to us and build their shafts using high quality made in the usa neapco u-joints. i have run their shafts in the past, have good experiences with them and would highly recommend them as well.

Drayko88

wayoflife said:
actually, the coil overs are your lift and you can technically run them with stock components. not that i would recommend it but, i thought i should poin that out. :cool:

Thanks, i actually didnt know that. i thought they just replaced the shocks and springs from the original lift. I appreciate the input, i am a newb and still trying to learn all about the different suspension components (ive read through your newb faqs many times they r very helpful), if u dont mind me asking, what other components would i need to run these coilovers well or properly? Im looking to do about 4inches of lift to clear 35s or 37s

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, i actually didnt know that. i thought they just replaced the shocks and springs from the original lift. I appreciate the input, i am a newb and still trying to learn all about the different suspension components (ive read through your newb faqs many times they r very helpful), if u dont mind me asking, what other components would i need to run these coilovers well or properly? Im looking to do about 4inches of lift to clear 35s or 37s

well, they do replace the coils and springs and integrate them into a single unit but, together, they provide your lift. depending on how high you choose to set your suspension, you should have at bare minimum:

• adjustable front track bar
• track bar relocation bracket and draglink flip if you go 3.5" or taller
• adjustable front lower control arms
• adjustable front upper control arms if you plan on going 3.5" or taller
• if you have a 2-door, adjustable rear upper control arms as well as a new u-joint style double cardan drive shaft
• if you have an auto or a 2012, a new front u-joint style double cardan drive shaft
• adjustable rear track bar or relocation bracket
• longer brake lines
• bump stop extensions
• longer swaybar links

this is really the bare minimum i would recommend to do things right and anything more you can add to it would only make things better.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So it sounds like mixing this kit with the EVO enforcer (minus the springs and shocks from the Enforcer) plus the draglink flip kit might be a hell of a kit for my JKU to run 35's (or even 37's with flats)? I can't wait to see the final kit!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So it sounds like mixing this kit with the EVO enforcer (minus the springs and shocks from the Enforcer) plus the draglink flip kit might be a hell of a kit for my JKU to run 35's (or even 37's with flats)? I can't wait to see the final kit!

you are correct. if you were to get the enforcer kit minus the coils and shocks and use this new bolt on coil over system instead, you would have a really nice setup to run 35's or 37's.

Drayko88

wayoflife said:
well, they do replace the coils and springs and integrate them into a single unit but, together, they provide your lift. depending on how high you choose to set your suspension, you should have at bare minimum:

o adjustable front track bar
o track bar relocation bracket and draglink flip if you go 3.5" or taller
o adjustable front lower control arms
o adjustable front upper control arms if you plan on going 3.5" or taller
o if you have a 2-door, adjustable rear upper control arms as well as a new u-joint style double cardan drive shaft
o if you have an auto or a 2012, a new front u-joint style double cardan drive shaft
o adjustable rear track bar or relocation bracket
o longer brake lines
o bump stop extensions
o longer swaybar links

this is really the bare minimum i would recommend to do things right and anything more you can add to it would only make things better.

Thanks for all the info, didnt mean to highjack the thread if i did. i have a 2012 jku sport and definitly wanna look into this system when its done. I appreciate all the advice and knowledge : )

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
you are correct. if you were to get the enforcer kit minus the coils and shocks and use this new bolt on coil over system instead, you would have a really nice setup to run 35's or 37's.

Hmmmmm......storing this info for later.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
The JK bugle removed from RubiCAT...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Off Road Evolution was able to save the bugle and make it work with their long arm kit by flipping it around.
attachment.php

You can see that it will clear the EVO Long arm at full stock bump.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2547.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,563
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,570
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2,561