Rubicat's New BooBoo

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wish. We're hoping to maybe upgrade the rear on Moby to a PR80 and then use the old 60 on Rubicat but, that's something for down the road.

An 80 on Moby?!? Is that driven by the size of his tires or do I smell a big white whale with a Hemi?

Paisano

Alright, looks like I got an issue sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LoPo

Caught the Bug
That stinks, but it sounds like you have'll have a fix tomorrow, which is a good thing. Thankfully nothing more serious came out of the situation and everyone is safe.

I thought so. ;) Truth be told, I still wish I had my '09 because as nice as the Pentastar is, I'm a V8 guy in my soul and really wanted to do a swap.

You can certainly preform the swap on mine. :). I'm really ok with that.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry to see that it happened, but I've seen the exact same break in the exact same spot before on a moderate trail on a rig that's running coilovers. Driver was able to drive it home from big bear. I!m starting to think I should put beefed up links in that spot as well before i experience the same. Hope you are up and running in the next few days

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, looks like I got an issue sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, it's something you should keep an eye on. The factory mounts simply aren't made to take the kind of crazy flex and big hits that your new suspension can. If you catch it soon enough, it can be fixed easily enough.

That stinks, but it sounds like you have'll have a fix tomorrow, which is a good thing. Thankfully nothing more serious came out of the situation and everyone is safe.

You can certainly preform the swap on mine. :). I'm really ok with that.

Yup, that's the plan and yes, it's a good thing nothing else got jacked up :yup:

Gibbo

I would have thought a front upper would have let go before the rear. So tall and thin they look very weak to me. Glad you'll have it sorted in time, that was bad timing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, we got busy helping out over at Off Road Evolution and never got around to getting things welded back up. Still, we'll be heading out to the Hammers today with just 3-links in the rear. Just gonna have to take it easy out there :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom