Rubicat's New BooBoo

I just noticed I have some cracks in the welds on both my brackets. Nothing moving yet but it needs to taken care of soon. It looks like they should be welded on the inside also. Did you pull your parking brake off to have better access to the bracket?

I just noticed I have some cracks in the welds on both my brackets. Nothing moving yet but it needs to taken care of soon. It looks like they should be welded on the inside also. Did you pull your parking brake off to have better access to the bracket?

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it for all the trails you've run with us over the years and now have coil overs.

I basically pulled the rear axle out along with the dust shield to give me better access to the welds and ground everything off. Of course, I was thinking about re-welding the factory bracket back on too but have since made a few calls and will be having a new bracket welded on.

Sucks you guys are having problems.

Comes with the territory when you're still playing with factory axles.

After reading this thread I checked mine today when I was changing my wheels. They won't be to hard to beef up before they fail.

Yeah, I only wish I had given mine a harder look before it was too late. Address it now and you should be fine :yup:

I wish. We're hoping to maybe upgrade the rear on Moby to a PR80 and then use the old 60 on Rubicat but, that's something for down the road.

Damn I was gonna say I would take that old 60 off your hands and even haul it for you. No charge of course :yup:

Glad Rubicat is all fixed up. 1 down, 1 to go. Betty joins Moby and Smokey tomorrow for a little bit. But only for her first an oil change and tire rotation. :whew:

Top Bottom