Rubicon this summer!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Current conditions can be found online.

I seriously doubt you’ll be running it all the way through in 2 months.

Wow, you can get all the way out to Cadillac? That's surprisingly good for January. That being said, I still doubt you'd be able to make it to Tahoe in April.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow, you can get all the way out to Cadillac? That's surprisingly good for January. That being said, I still doubt you'd be able to make it to Tahoe in April.

One comment somewhere on google was granite bowls are ice and a couple feet of snow on the Tahoe side. I didn’t read into it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn. We’ll definitely have to put it off.

Not saying this will happen again this winter but we haven't had shit for snow up until a couple of days ago and more is coming in next week. It just "feels" a lot like 2011 right now.

Watching this thread closely. I’m still running open on 35’s and likely will be for a good part of the year but I’m up for a challenge.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watching this thread closely. I’m still running open on 35’s and likely will be for a good part of the year but I’m up for a challenge.

You can totally run the Rubicon running 35's and open front and rear. Actually, more so now than ever before. This is me running Nemo on that exact setup back in the day.

main.php

This is actually the minimum requirement for whenever we do our Rubicon run.

Trail JK

Back in the winter of 2010-11, it didn't snow at all until about February. This video was filmed in July.

It’s been several years since I was on the Rubicon and in this video it looks like a completely different trail with snow. I can’t even imagine the obstacles I remember covered in snow too. Cray cray.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Subscribed. The Rubicon is on our bucket list also. We have been discussing running it in 2019 but perhaps we could be swayed to do it earlier if the dates work out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s been several years since I was on the Rubicon and in this video it looks like a completely different trail with snow. I can’t even imagine the obstacles I remember covered in snow too. Cray cray.

As you can see in the video, it was nuts. But then, this was all on the back side. Up to Cadillac Hill on the other side wasn't as bad. :crazyeyes:

You can totally run the Rubicon running 35's and open front and rear. Actually, more so now than ever before. This is me running Nemo on that exact setup back in the day.

main.php

This is actually the minimum requirement for whenever we do our Rubicon run.

Good to know! I will definitely keep this in my radar this year. Seems like August-labor day-ish is the time to run it. [emoji848]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know! I will definitely keep this in my radar this year. Seems like August-labor day-ish is the time to run it. [emoji848]

June is actually when it can be the most fun if you're built up being that the trail is still jacked up from the winter. After the Jeepers Jamboree, the trail is groomed and probably the best time to go for smaller tires and open diffs. So yeah, late August would be a good time for you to go.

I'm down for this trip and willing to open up are property up there that is right next to the Rubicon for a base camp and fun with friends, there is lot's of room for tent camping and if your bringing a trailer you would have to be down at the bottom kinda next to the road unless you have a off-road suspension on it, and you would be responsible for any and all problems with it and responsible for it while we are away on the trail. I have been thinking for a while to plan a trip up there so if this trip doesn't go through i may plan a trip so stay tuned.

Top Bottom