Let's Pick A Date

• Saturday June 9th , 2018

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday August 4, 2018

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Hooked
Hey Daniel, put me on the maybe list. Still too far out for me to commit. What’s your plans for the trail? Run it all in one day and camp at your property? Seems ambitious to get a group through in one day especially Cadillac at night. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm for a camp at Buck Lake & one at Rubicon Springs...

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm for a camp at Buck Lake & one at Rubicon Springs...

That’s sounds good to me too Ed. Just curious what Daniel has planned. A run into the Springs with a small group is very doable but I vote take it easy and extend the trip. Have you decided for sure or not on Sierra Trek?

Brute

Hooked
That’s sounds good to me too Ed. Just curious what Daniel has planned. A run into the Springs with a small group is very doable but I vote take it easy and extend the trip. Have you decided for sure or not on Sierra Trek?

I'm 90% going...you want to run it together? I'd really like to do the Rubicon & Fordyce in one trip...it's a long drive down from the Seattle area

Hey Daniel, put me on the maybe list. Still too far out for me to commit. What’s your plans for the trail? Run it all in one day and camp at your property? Seems ambitious to get a group through in one day especially Cadillac at night. Just curious.

Sounds great i will put you on the maybe list and no worries, My plan was camp up at the property on Friday and to run the trail and camp were brute was speaking about and then was going to plan a day of fun once we got into Tahoe, but i'm open to suggestions and willing to make a different plan.

Brute

Hooked
Sounds great i will put you on the maybe list and no worries, My plan was camp up at the property on Friday and to run the trail and camp were brute was speaking about and then was going to plan a day of fun once we got into Tahoe, but i'm open to suggestions and willing to make a different plan.

Keep me in the loop...my wife has already planned out most of June & July...1st week of August is still open, and this will be before the Jeep Jamboree

kpig

I'm 90% going...you want to run it together? I'd really like to do the Rubicon & Fordyce in one trip...it's a long drive down from the Seattle area

I have never done any of these trails, so if you want company, please, hit me up.

dillard09

I'm with Kevin (kpig)I wanna do Fordyce and if its after running the Rubicon even better! I very interested in this if you have room!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

I definitely want to but just checked the dates and we’ll be up in Oregon during that time. Bummer. Possibly meet up for the Rubicon though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I'm with Kevin (kpig)I wanna do Fordyce and if its after running the Rubicon even better! I very interested in this if you have room!

Unless you're planning to go during Sierra Trek, you guys do know that you can't just "run" Fordyce whenever works best for your schedule, right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Permit needed? Private property?

Water flow. There's a dam that's controlled by PG&E and they regulate the flow. Anything below 400 cfm is fordable with varying degrees of wetness. Anything more and you'll most likely end up in Sacramento. Cindy and I are lucky in that we can go on a whim whenever the flow is low enough but with the exception of Sierra Trek, a time when they turn down the faucet for the event, it'd be a crap shoot to plan a specific weekend to run the trail. I should note that there are plenty of times where people have gone, got past the first water crossing but then got stuck between 1 and 2 as the creek became impassible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Committee Trail crossing. It's what you would use to cut out of the trail early if you didn't want to take on winch hills 3-5.

Top Bottom