Let's Pick A Date

• Saturday June 9th , 2018

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday August 4, 2018

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Hooked
My intention was to run Fordyce during Sierra Trek either Thur 8/9 or Fri 8/10...Cal4Wheel will start registration first week in February for those with interested...they limit the run to 50 vehicles per day.

If you decide to choose Aug 4th as your meeting day for the Rubicon, then I'm definitely in...

Brute

Hooked
That looks like pure fucking chaos. Doesn't even look fun.

Well, never a good idea to try a high water crossing unless it's clear to cross; stopping in the middle to wait for traffic to clear is not the best method...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, never a good idea to try a high water crossing unless it's clear to cross; stopping in the middle to wait for traffic to clear is not the best method...

LOL!! To be fair, it looked like they were cutting out early because the 2nd guy was hobbling - that's why he was being pulled. It was funny to see the first guy spare fall out and block the way though. Not sure what the guys in back were thinking when they got started. :crazyeyes:

fiend

Caught the Bug
LOL!! To be fair, it looked like they were cutting out early because the 2nd guy was hobbling - that's why he was being pulled. It was funny to see the first guy spare fall out and block the way though. Not sure what the guys in back were thinking when they got started. :crazyeyes:

Kinda looked like they were all linked together with cable. Some kind of anti-wash away technique. That all looked pretty dangerous to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kinda looked like they were all linked together with cable. Some kind of anti-wash away technique. That all looked pretty dangerous to me.

Yeah, just looked at it again and I think you might be right. Not something I'd want to do.

Brute

Hooked
I've watched your Snake Eyes video several times...it's probably why I want to run Fordyce in the first place

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched your Snake Eyes video several times...it's probably why I want to run Fordyce in the first place

The trail has changed A LOT since that video. Most of the winch points are no longer present or no longer usable. Going during Sierra Trek is a good time to go being that the guys and gals there do a great job of making sure you have a good time.

Brute

Hooked
Hey Dan...please plan your trip when it's most convenient for you and Brie...don't worry about anyone else's schedule. I had been thinking about the Sierra Trek Fordyce run for some time, and if I can swing it and run the Rubicon with you that would be icing on the cake...but if the 1st week of August doesn't work for you, no worries...this is your gig.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
We ran Fordyce in October when the water was about 150 and still took on a good amount of water (granted we were doorless). It’s not a trail I’d recommend anyone running without someone that knows it pretty well. Those water crossings are deceiving and plenty of people fall victim to it every year. Sierra Trek is a good call for most especially out of towners because, as Eddie mentioned, water levels are fixed for that event.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

When I went down for the new years run a couple weeks back I instantly felt like family. Great people make these trips even better. And honestly, the trail becomes secondary. You will not regret it. Make the trip if you can.
My buddy, Vince (Chillin' the Most) went on the New Years run. He said he had a great time with great people! I regret not requesting to get my name on that list!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Update

So after getting a vote and some feedback, and talking to the wife we are going to move the date to August 4th, it seems like that time works out for everyone.

Top Bottom