Screw You WAYALIFE - We are NORCAL!

Great title update! Heard those exact same words on the rubicon trail. Several others did too.

Yet it's the Wayalifers that are the bad guys here. Can't want to be outsiders, then get pissed when treated that way.

Always great to build "family" on someone else's dime. Then spit in the face of that dime's earner and anyone who doesn't agree/follow with you.

I would like to know who said we weren't part of wayalife? You know my jeep might have a big norcal sticker on the hood, but it still does say wayalife in big white letters above the rear fender. Pretty sure 18 out of the 20 jeeps on our Rubicon run all said wayalife on them. So I font get what your talking about.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I would like to know who said we weren't part of wayalife? You know my jeep might have a big norcal sticker on the hood, but it still does say wayalife in big white letters above the rear fender. Pretty sure 18 out of the 20 jeeps on our Rubicon run all said wayalife on them. So I font get what your talking about.

So Hawaii sucks? Having a better time talking with us "dumbasses" I guess. :thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
We Aren't WAYALIFE - We are NORCAL!

I got to this comment and had to stop for a second.

You are one retarded fuck if you think this has anything to do with jealousy.

Well let's read exactly what he said:

It's pretty simple, A bunch of great Nor Cal wheelers who live to wheel, meet new people and have a good time!! [WE ARE COOL AND BETTER THAN YOU] And then all the jealous ones. [WE ARE COOL AND BETTER THAN YOU, YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US]

Trail Bud

Hooked

It's apparent that they just don't want us here anymore Rob.

It's pretty simple, A bunch of great Nor Cal wheelers who live to wheel, meet new people and have a good time!! And then all the jealous ones.

I've been reading this thing and it's pretty pathetic what you guys are doing. Basically a lot of whining. I've been on a lot of different runs for over 7 years . I've met a lot of good people too. People like you guys come and go, nobody will miss you. Why don't you just adjust your skirts and go away.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I swear, somehow the water supply in NorCal was contaminated with Rausch Creek water, that is known to cause online behavior instability in severe cases. Maybe everyone in Norcal can start boiling their water prior to consumption for the time being? :twocents:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Must have been when some of the east coast guys were out there wheeling, contaminated rigs. Luckily we have not had any east coast water issues lately.

YoungFire

Must have been when some of the east coast guys were out there wheeling, contaminated rigs. Luckily we have not had any east coast water issues lately.

Hahahahahaha
We brought nothing but some wicked awesome accents, drinks, fun and an epic engagement event to the west coast!

While in turn the west coast have is an amazing trip, great new friends and the best backdrop imaginable for an epic engagement event :)

scottkathyrubi

I was there and I have some input that I hope will move some people off of their hardened positions and will help heal the terrible wounds that were inflicted this past week. This is a great forum for the Jeeping community and I hope it will be even better in the future.
This just happens to be my first ever post on an open forum of any type so forgive me for being a bit nervous and marginal on computer skills.

About me and my interest in this thread and the other thread that is now closed:

1. I have been using Eddie's websites since I got my jeep in 2008
2. I have met Eddie and Cindy 6 times, all of which were great experiences. 4 meet and greets in Socal, a newbie run at last chance in 2009 and in Moab at their EJS bbq. I have also purchased and installed many items on my Jeep based on the things learned from the forums. Plus many, many hours of entertaining photos, videos, and writeups.
3. I signed up for the Rubicon run early this year and was welcomed to the roster with open arms.
4. I am 65 years old and probable had the least capable Jeep on the run but still made it thru with no damage because of the excellent spotting and encouragement from many people.
5. The trip was fantastic and I met a lot of great people and was particularly impressed how the group worked together to solve problems, big and small, with the biggest problem being the breakdown of RoxStar's jeep. Eddie and Cindy obtaining the part and running the part up to us was absolutely appreciated by 25 people more than any words could convey. The remainder of the trip was definitely on an even greater high than before the breakdown.

You cannot begin to imagine how shocked and saddened I was when I first saw the thread on Wednesday and it already had close to 300 posts with very little good feelings or unity left. It has only gotten much worse since.
I am a very slow one finger typist so I am sending this introductory now while I work on the the rest of my thoughts that I hope will help make things better and not worse.

Please take this time to reflect on how problems like this make people like me feel.
My wife is so pissed at me right now as I type this because she is afraid I will just get even more upset if I am not able to improve things but I have to try anyway. She was not on the trip. I no doubt will have to get my own lunch. Maybe dinner, too. Maybe tomorrow too, we will see.
Please take into consideration how this whole mess looks to the innocent bystanders reading this stuff from Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Hawaii, ANYWHERE in California and all the other places our 20,000 members live.
Also reflect on how this looks to the preferred vendors who are ultimately paying the bills to keep this site going.
I will try my best to stay on topic, stay civil, yet strong enough so that my points are heard.
Thank you,
Scott

TheStick

All I'll say I've met a lot of the people involved in all of this. I enjoyed the hell out of the rubicon trip. Eddie and everyone there were great.

I've seen it happen many times, text communications and things go south. I would put 50¢ down that if everyone were in a room having a couple beers this would all be worked out quickly.

I'm no going to stand up on a high horse, just my 2¢. Think about it and if you have time, pick up a phone, or at least PM, and I hope things get resolved.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was there and I have some input that I hope will move some people off of their hardened positions and will help heal the terrible wounds that were inflicted this past week. This is a great forum for the Jeeping community and I hope it will be even better in the future.
This just happens to be my first ever post on an open forum of any type so forgive me for being a bit nervous and marginal on computer skills.

About me and my interest in this thread and the other thread that is now closed:

1. I have been using Eddie's websites since I got my jeep in 2008
2. I have met Eddie and Cindy 6 times, all of which were great experiences. 4 meet and greets in Socal, a newbie run at last chance in 2009 and in Moab at their EJS bbq. I have also purchased and installed many items on my Jeep based on the things learned from the forums. Plus many, many hours of entertaining photos, videos, and writeups.
3. I signed up for the Rubicon run early this year and was welcomed to the roster with open arms.
4. I am 65 years old and probable had the least capable Jeep on the run but still made it thru with no damage because of the excellent spotting and encouragement from many people.
5. The trip was fantastic and I met a lot of great people and was particularly impressed how the group worked together to solve problems, big and small, with the biggest problem being the breakdown of RoxStar's jeep. Eddie and Cindy obtaining the part and running the part up to us was absolutely appreciated by 25 people more than any words could convey. The remainder of the trip was definitely on an even greater high than before the breakdown.

You cannot begin to imagine how shocked and saddened I was when I first saw the thread on Wednesday and it already had close to 300 posts with very little good feelings or unity left. It has only gotten much worse since.
I am a very slow one finger typist so I am sending this introductory now while I work on the the rest of my thoughts that I hope will help make things better and not worse.

Please take this time to reflect on how problems like this make people like me feel.
My wife is so pissed at me right now as I type this because she is afraid I will just get even more upset if I am not able to improve things but I have to try anyway. She was not on the trip. I no doubt will have to get my own lunch. Maybe dinner, too. Maybe tomorrow too, we will see.
Please take into consideration how this whole mess looks to the innocent bystanders reading this stuff from Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Hawaii, ANYWHERE in California and all the other places our 20,000 members live.
Also reflect on how this looks to the preferred vendors who are ultimately paying the bills to keep this site going.
I will try my best to stay on topic, stay civil, yet strong enough so that my points are heard.
Thank you,
Scott

Hey Scott, it's been a long time since I've last seen you. I hope you're doing well.

I just caught up on your post and was expecting to see more but then checked my PM and see that you have contacted me there. Please note that I have responded to you there.

Eddie

scottkathyrubi

Eddie, thanks for the quick PM response to my PM suggestion that we have a direct phone conversation to see if we can try to figure a way to repair the situation. I am disappointed that you have clearly expressed to me that a phone conversation would not have any chance of being productive. I may have waited too long before jumping in to try to help and for that I apologize to everyone. I will not be back with my referred to post tonight but hopefully by sometime tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, thanks for the quick PM response to my PM suggestion that we have a direct phone conversation to see if we can try to figure a way to repair the situation. I am disappointed that you have clearly expressed to me that a phone conversation would not have any chance of being productive. I may have waited too long before jumping in to try to help and for that I apologize to everyone. I will not be back with my referred to post tonight but hopefully by sometime tomorrow.

:cheesy: You have got to be kidding me. You know, for a guy who said he didn't want to make things "worse", you sure aren't trying very hard. :crazyeyes:

Since you're now choosing to post your responses to me on the open forum, may everyone know what you said to me by PM to help put things into context...

scottkathyrubi said:
Hi, Eddie, my name is Scott and I was on the Rubicon run last week. I would like to talk with you about the situation and maybe we can find a way to do some repair work on the feelings on both sides of this unfortunate turn of events.
If you are willing, I could give you my number. It would definitely be best if I did not have your number, that way you would never have to worry about it going public. I would never do that, of course, but at least it would ease your worry.
FYI: A few hours ago I did post on the pub thread what I believe to be a very neutral introduction of my interest in making this situation improve.
Please read it before deciding on the phone call offer so you can get a sense of who i am and why I am so interested.
I was working on my second all time post just now as a followup and it suddenly occurred to me that a phone call may be more beneficial than the 500 or 600 posts of the last week.
Let me know,
Scott

And, this was my response to you...

wayoflife said:
Hey Scott, it's good to hear from you. It's been a while for sure and I hope you're doing well.

I had been busy today and just saw your post and I think it's important for you to know that when all the stupidness started, not a single one of the norcal guys attempted to contact me as you have here on the forum, not a single one tried to email me and, while many of the key figures involved all have my cell phone number, not one of them tried to call or text me. In fact, not a single one of them has attempted to contact me since.

You'll forgive me for being so cynical but I hope you can understand that I have been doing this for well over 20 years. I have seen this happen time and time again and to the point where it's just as expected as the seasons. My point is, your new found friends that you met on the Rubicon don't want to repair anything. If they did, they would have contacted me just as they did when they needed a part to fix their friend on the trail. The fact of the matter is, they either blame me for orchestrating this whole meltdown or, they are just using it as an excuse to leave and take as many people as they can to go with them to whatever new website they have started.

If you still feel the need to talk to me by phone, I will only answer it IF your number says who you are. If it is blocked, I will not answer it. You can reach me at ........ And, don't worry, all my haters have posted it up on the internet already so there's nothing secret about it.

Eddie

By all means, please explain to me how a phone call may of had a chance to be productive when the very people you are fighting for aren't willing to call, text, PM or email me? :naw:

No, if there's someone who should be disappointed, it's me. As you have said, you have been using "my websites since I got my jeep in 2008". You "have met me and Cindy 6 times, all of which were great experiences. 4 meet and greets in Socal, a newbie run at last chance in 2009 and in Moab at their EJS bbq." And yet, you go on one Rubicon run with a bunch of self-proclaimed "norcalians" who all got fired up because their wonderful stand up friend Rox Star got called out for posting up a halfass thank you and enough so that they've all chosen to leave in a huff. Well, I guess it just goes to show that you're only as good as your last run or event and no matter how good mine were, the only thing you can focus on is your last run with these guys. :yup:

If you really have more you want to say, I'm all ears but you're kidding yourself if you really think any of it will make a difference. In order for that to happen, the people who left would have to actually want to still be here.

Have a good evening.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

How come everyone who isn't involved is trying to resolve an issue that isn't really an issue?

"Oh I was on the rubicon once so I know exactly what happened. It was all a misunderstanding."

Fuck that!

Fitzbsly

So I feel, and I'm sure many others feel the same way about this whole debacle that has gotten out of control. Everyone has made comments and opinions that were well thought out and some of us just stupid and dumb knee jerk quick reactions to someone's opinion or quote. Nevertheless, we all have met some great friends and have had some great experiences with many common interests. Jeeps, Wheelin and Community...... Our common interests and a passion for what we love is what brings us to these forums on a daily basis. This forum has been a great resource for information, opinions, friendships and organization of some great runs. I've been on several runs with most of you including Eddie, Trail Bud, Jags, Panda and dozens more. I have not met one of you that I didn't like and I know the feeling of respect for everyone here is mutual. It doesn't matter where we live, who we know, or where we wheel. Who we are, and what we love is what does matter!! This community of family and friends is amazing and I hope everyone can soon put it in the past...... Crack open a beer, pour a glass of wine and remember why we all were here in the first place.

thardy

Banned
So I feel, and I'm sure many others feel the same way about this whole debacle that has gotten out of control. Everyone has made comments and opinions that were well thought out and some of us just stupid and dumb knee jerk quick reactions to someone's opinion or quote. Nevertheless, we all have met some great friends and have had some great experiences with many common interests. Jeeps, Wheelin and Community...... Our common interests and a passion for what we love is what brings us to these forums on a daily basis. This forum has been a great resource for information, opinions, friendships and organization of some great runs. I've been on several runs with most of you including Eddie, Trail Bud, Jags, Panda and dozens more. I have not met one of you that I didn't like and I know the feeling of respect for everyone here is mutual. It doesn't matter where we live, who we know, or where we wheel. Who we are, and what we love is what does matter!! This community of family and friends is amazing and I hope everyone can soon put it in the past...... Crack open a beer, pour a glass of wine and remember why we all were here in the first place.

I've completely stayed out of this from the beginning, but the above post got me. Is this meant to be some sort of apology for the below comments?

NorCal family !!!

It's pretty simple, A bunch of great Nor Cal wheelers who live to wheel, meet new people and have a good time!! And then all the jealous ones.

Top Bottom