Sema! Smittybilt F***** up badly

Before, people would not categorize Tera and Smittybilt on the same level however; in the recent months, it's beginning to look like Teraflex is going downhill fast.

Pretty sure teraflex is just selling all the broken/returned carriers to smittybuilt.. Smitty then applies jb-weld, rivets on a new emblem, and voila! New smittybuilt carrier!

It's hard to believe smitty would unknowingly put this on a highly scrutinized rig at the biggest show.. I would hoe their product and marketing people would be aware of this, but who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct. They didnt unknowingly put it on there. The casting probably includes the teraflex logo and either the production deadline for a new cast was post SEMA

OR

They dont care because its a shared design saving them R&D $$$ on a carrier that people apparently buy... for whatever reason...

But it was totally intentional

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

now that its out in the open I would like to hear teraflex try to justify the cost of their products after this, actually I would like to hear any kind of explanation from them but I don't think we'll ever get one...even though we don't need it, the pic says it all

now that its out in the open I would like to hear teraflex try to justify the cost of their products after this, actually I would like to hear any kind of explanation from them but I don't think we'll ever get one...even though we don't need it, the pic says it all

Haha! What that they charge the same prices as American companies for products they pay hell of a lot less to have made in China?

That's called high profit margins..

www.toasterjeep.com

Last edited:
Wow, that's some shady shit man. Good eye catching that and thanks for sharing.

Im sure the chinese company making them will slap Eddie's name on it if he ordered 10000 units. It's a f*** up of the factory. It's just another mass produced chinese part, like LED lights, that will put whatever you want on the unit, so long as you order enough.

In all fairness, the Smittybilt fridge is NOT a knock off of the ARB fridge. :crazyeyes:

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard a thing from them :cheesy: Of course, what could they really say :crazyeyes: :D

:cheesy: Yea, I don't think you are going to get much of a reaction from them....gonna be like Obama losing the Senate..."hey everyone, look away, Im over here"

Top Bottom