Sema! Smittybilt F***** up badly

Serg5000

Doesn't Quadratec do this type of thing all the time? They make a deal with manufacturers then they just put their green oval decal on it?

StuntJK

Yeah, I think it's pretty common with just about any product from overseas, as far as the same design for several manufacturers. BUT! You should still never see two brands stamped on one product....especially two big aftermarket parts suppliers. Makes me want to check my bumper for this. Not that I would do anything about it......but still....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't Quadratec do this type of thing all the time? They make a deal with manufacturers then they just put their green oval decal on it?

So that it's clear, Quadratec is a "vendor" who sells products that have been re-packaged with their name on it. TeraFlex is a "manufacturer" who supposedly makes products for vendors to sell. There is a difference.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So that it's clear, Quadratec is a "vendor" who sells products that have been re-packaged with their name on it. TeraFlex is a "manufacturer" who supposedly makes products for vendors to sell. There is a difference.

Werd. Vendors often take products and stick their name on it, like floor mats, but a manufacturer doing that and reselling it as a "premium" product is borderline dishonest.

StuntJK

That's what I was trying to get at when I said same design for several manufacturers (not to argue) and I agree, it's borderline dishonest.

JK LYF

Their new carrier in their line of new products they call Atlas

Thank you. Very interesting find! Interested to see what TF does, if anything. I know there is almost always a substantial price difference between the two. It may make it harder to justify this, if this gets out to a large number of potential future customers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Thank you. Very interesting find! Interested to see what TF does, if anything. I know there is almost always a substantial price difference between the two. It may make it harder to justify this, if this gets out to a large number of potential future customers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not a damn thing, it's made in a shop China, obviously they didn't pay enough to keep it as theirs ..

www.toasterjeep.com

jfallon1

Thank you. Very interesting find! Interested to see what TF does, if anything.

As Pigina said, absolutely nothing. Unless they are in the works of some huge excuse and explanation, they aren't going to do anything. Maybe fire a few people for letting it happen.

It's closing in on a week since it was first seen and posted on the web and still nothing said. I've also seen on fb where people would tag the people at teraflex and still nothing.

Time will only tell (but don't hold your breath).

TheDuff

If they don't say anything, the problem just goes away right?:p

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jfallon1

They were probably thinking that if they combine two shit carriers together, it'll be worth a damn.

After all, two negatives make a positive right?

Wardell

Not sure if anyone here has noticed it yet, but TF made a huge post on FB today denouncing both Smittybuilt and Rugged Ridge for making knock offs of their tire carrier. And of course their fanboys are out in force.

I'm surprised about the RR carrier though. I hadn't noticed pics of it in the threads about their SEMA builds. Other than looking similar, anyone know how much they have in common? At least they don't look like the same product with another brand tacked overtop...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if anyone here has noticed it yet, but TF made a huge post on FB today denouncing both Smittybuilt and Rugged Ridge for making knock offs of their tire carrier. And of course their fanboys are out in force.

I'm surprised about the RR carrier though. I hadn't noticed pics of it in the threads about their SEMA builds. Other than looking similar, anyone know how much they have in common? At least they don't look like the same product with another brand tacked overtop...

Yeah, there's been a lot of posts about it on the official TeraFlex tire carrier break thread here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

I took some pics of the Rugged Ridge tire carrier and posted them up here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?21679-2014-SEMA-Rugged-Ridge-Tan-Camo-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Unlimited

This tire carrier is very similar in the hinge/tailgate frame but the tire mount itself is very different. It's supposed to retail for $533.

Top Bottom