Sharkey's Tip of the Day

bhaner

Good tip.

I tried to explain that to a friend on my first trip out with my JKU. I had no interest in picking the hardest lines right out of the gate.

He was disappointed I wasn't testing the vehicles full capabilities... But truth be told... Wheeling a JKU on 40's is way different than a TJ on 35's.

I needed to get a feel for the way this rig drives before I start doing stupid shit. That's the way I have done it with all my rigs.

Trail JK

I'm bumping this old thread of mine due to some extremely unfortunate recent events in Moab.

Tip of the Day:

If you are new to driving Jeeps and driving off road, please wait a season or two before dumping a bunch of money into your Jeep to look cool and go play on the harder trails. Those of us that have been around for longer than YouTube often recommend that Newbies just get out and drive for a while before building up their rigs. By doing so, you learn invaluable lessons about your, and your vehicle's, limits. Give yourself time to learn how to read terrain, tire placement, trust of spotters, what to do when there are no spotters, and hopefully how to react in situations that are not going as planned.

I like to wheel with the guy/gal who knows their limits and isn't afraid to say "no" or "I'll go around this one"; I don't like to wheel with the guy/gal who says "hold my beer" or, even worse, says nothing at all and just pins the accelerator down while squeezing the steering wheel so hard the blood disappears from their hands.

Accidents happen for sure...that's why they are called accidents. With that said, I am fearful that the recent events in Moab are a reflection of the "gotta get me a JL, get someone to build it for me, and go make videos wheeling" crowd that has emerged as of late.

There endeth the lesson.

This is the best advice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
I'm bumping this old thread of mine due to some extremely unfortunate recent events in Moab.

Tip of the Day:

If you are new to driving Jeeps and driving off road, please wait a season or two before dumping a bunch of money into your Jeep to look cool and go play on the harder trails. Those of us that have been around for longer than YouTube often recommend that Newbies just get out and drive for a while before building up their rigs. By doing so, you learn invaluable lessons about your, and your vehicle's, limits. Give yourself time to learn how to read terrain, tire placement, trust of spotters, what to do when there are no spotters, and hopefully how to react in situations that are not going as planned.

I like to wheel with the guy/gal who knows their limits and isn't afraid to say "no" or "I'll go around this one"; I don't like to wheel with the guy/gal who says "hold my beer" or, even worse, says nothing at all and just pins the accelerator down while squeezing the steering wheel so hard the blood disappears from their hands.

Accidents happen for sure...that's why they are called accidents. With that said, I am fearful that the recent events in Moab are a reflection of the "gotta get me a JL, get someone to build it for me, and go make videos wheeling" crowd that has emerged as of late.

There endeth the lesson.

Do you even wheel? 😉 seriously though....great tip!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And to be clear, I have no idea what truly happened in Moab because I wasn’t there. I sincerely hope it was truly just an unfortunate accident and not the result of an inexperienced driver biting off more than they can chew.

Top Bottom