Sharkey's Tip of the Day

Jsouder53

Hooked
That’s scary! Was the guy not paying attention or what?? Hopefully they are okay

-just read: he was high centered and gave it gas... it broke free and hit a bystander then down in the crevice.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If what I read is correct, he gassed it to free himself from being high centered. The same reports also say the bystander suffered a severe leg injury, possibly even a partial amputation. Only the people there know for sure. I imagine the actual facts will trickle down at some point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We are kidding ourselves to think life will return to “normal” in thirty, sixty, or even ninety days…and I am profoundly afraid of the precedent that has now been set. With each new directive, it appears that our leaders have chosen to sacrifice the future economic well being of our children to possibly save the lives of a very small percentage of the population. It is no less scary to me to see our society accept such a result without demanding the answers to very difficult questions.

Let me be clear, I understand that Covid-19 will likely kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people across the United States. But, how many people will be confined to a life of poverty and die over the next decade from a depression created by the present fear that some people will die?

Are you willing to destroy the economy and standard of living for 330 million people to save the lives of two people? What about to save the lives of two thousand people? What about the lives of 200,000 people? What about to save the lives of 2 million people? Does it matter if the lives we are talking about are already marginalized for some reason? I don’t know the answers to these questions, much less if there can even be “right” answers.

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s futures in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
We are kidding ourselves to think life will return to “normal” in thirty, sixty, or even ninety days…and I am profoundly afraid of the precedent that has now been set. With each new directive, it appears that our leaders have chosen to sacrifice the future economic well being of our children to possibly save the lives of a very small percentage of the population. It is no less scary to me to see our society accept such a result without demanding the answers to very difficult questions.

Let me be clear, I understand that Covid-19 will likely kill thousands, perhaps millions, of people across the United States. But, how many people will be confined to a life of poverty and die over the next decade from a depression created by the present fear that some people will die?

Are you willing to destroy the economy and standard of living for 330 million people to save the lives of two people? What about to save the lives of two thousand people? What about the lives of 200,000 people? What about to save the lives of 2 million people? Does it matter if the lives we are talking about are already marginalized for some reason? I don’t know the answers to these questions, much less if there can even be “right” answers.

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s future in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.

What you've just said is an elementary Foundation to this great country of America. Preamble of the US Constitution :

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

:usa-salute: :usa-flag:

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

All I know is that I am unwilling to sacrifice my children’s future in exchange for my own. How many parents out there routinely say that they would do ANYTHING for their kids, their grandkids, and their nieces and nephews? Then why does it feel like we are doing the opposite of the mantra that is so foundational to being a parent: the future of your children above ALL else…even your own life.

Preach. Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What you've just said is an elementary Foundation to this great country of America. Preamble of the US Constitution :

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

:usa-salute: :usa-flag:

Well, I was born on the 4th of July (seriously). :beer:

jdofmemi

Sharkey

You nailed it.

Well spoken. People, and especially our leaders, are afraid to ask the hard questions.

This is along the same lines as the quote from Benjamin Franklin, who once said:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

wjtstudios

Hooked
So scary, but so true. A majority of people in this nation rely on the government to make decisions for them everyday instead of thinking on their own. It makes it very easy for our government to overstep and no one will question them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
It’s a wake up call that clearly demonstrates how unprepared we are as a nation for something of this magnitude...we cost basis everything in our lives, including health care. I’ve always believed in true capitalism, and believe in a smaller, efficient government and rely on the private sector to shape most of our needs through supply and demand. However, I am now much more willing to discuss how our health care situation may need to be overhauled and perhaps run as a Gov’t institution...when hospital and emergency care decisions are made solely on profit considerations, too many bad things can happen to our supply chain of basic health care items...perhaps we need to prioritize where these items are manufactured and stored so we are not reliant of foreign countries for our basic needs...

Top Bottom