Shock ques for 4" lift

srosario

Ready for mods,?

Ok so bought a used $16k
Pretty 2010 2wd jk 100k miles
Mods are
1. XRC front and rear bumpers with witch and 2 Light force lights.
2. 35" federal couragia Mt (crap tires), fifth tire is Procomp.
3. 18" xd778 Monster wheels
4. 4" procomp m6 lift
5. Dual skyjacker steering stabilizer
6. G2 gear cover and gears (don't know what gears dough)
7. HI - LIFT Jack mounted on the hood that don't work.
8. Front and rear light guards
9. adjustable track bar (unknown brand)

Ok so so far it shakes at 70, wonders in haighway, hard on potholes, and bouncy on the driver side. And there a clunking noise that i feel on the streering wheel. so far I did the synergy ball joints thinking it was gonna help it, nothing.

So just placed a order:wings:

1. Synergy high steer drag link flip
2. Synergy tie rod
3. Synergy Steel braided front and rear lines
4. Centric brake rotors front and rear
5. Black magic pad with posi rear
6. Centric parking brake
7. And finally a set Bilsteins 5100

My ques is, am I missing anything.
Updated

8. Synergy front track bar relocation bracket
9. Synergy rear track bar bracket
10. Synergy tre adapter

Last edited:

srosario

What these guys said, what exactly about your Jeep's ride don't you like?

ok sorry, it's a lot, it wonders around in the highway, it use to shake the steering wheel at about 35mph and not at 70mph, had the Synergy ball joints installed, tires rebalanced, and re aligned
, now the steering wheel never shakes, and now the whole vehicle shakes like a small vibration at about 75mph, it could be a death wobble, not sure and i do not want to take the dual stabilizer off until i fix the other problems it has. tie rod and drag link need replacement and shocks are shot, leaking fluid.
and for the conversion to 4wd, not really.
just wanna make sure i don't need anything else like a drag link flip kit or a track bar relocation kit or a synergy drag link flip adapter., oh and the vehicle came with an adjustable track bar, don't know what company yet., thanks guys

ok sorry, it's a lot, it wonders around in the highway, it use to shake the steering wheel at about 35mph and not at 70mph, had the Synergy ball joints installed, tires rebalanced, and re aligned
, now the steering wheel never shakes, and now the whole vehicle shakes like a small vibration at about 75mph, it could be a death wobble, not sure and i do not want to take the dual stabilizer off until i fix the other problems it has. tie rod and drag link need replacement and shocks are shot, leaking fluid.
just wanna make sure i don't need anything else like a drag link flip kit or a track bar relocation kit or a synergy drag link flip adapter., oh and the vehicle came with an adjustable track bar, don't know what company yet., thanks guys

Could you go out and snap a picture of the front end - showing the draglink and trackbar?
Do you have adjustable front control arms?

You will probably need to relocate the drag link and the track bar

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok sorry, it's a lot, it wonders around in the highway...

Wandering is a caster issue or I should say, a lack there of especially on taller lifts. IF your kit came with adjustable front upper and lower control arms, you can use the lowers to set your axle position and use the uppers to set your caster to a more reasonable +4 deg. IF you only got adjustable lower arms, you can just set them a bit longer - about 23" eye to eye will be a good starting point. IF you don't have either, you will want to get a set of adjustable front lowers at the very least to take care of this.

it use to shake the steering wheel at about 35mph and not at 70mph, had the Synergy ball joints installed, tires rebalanced, and re aligned
, now the steering wheel never shakes...
A speed related shake or shimmy in the steering wheel is almost always a tire balancing issue. Your new ball joints most likely did nothing to address this and, unless you have adjustable suspension and steering components, you most likely paid your alignment shop to do nothing. Sorry, but it's the truth.

and now the whole vehicle shakes like a small vibration at about 75mph...

The the vibration oscillate or is it constant?

...it could be a death wobble

Trust me, you would KNOW it if you had death wobble. If you have guess at it, you definitely DO NOT have death wobble.

...not sure and i do not want to take the dual stabilizer off until i fix the other problems it has. tie rod and drag link need replacement and shocks are shot, leaking fluid.

Taking off your stabilizers shouldn't make a difference. IF you really have death wobble, you would know for sure with them off and it's typically what I recommend you do to help solve it.

Before you start throwing more money at your Jeep, you really should slow down and isolate what you really need. Name brand parts are just that and they won't fix a thing unless you know what needs to be fixed.

srosario

The vibration is not constant, sometimes it's strong. The thing is I really need all does parts, maybe not that brand but after reading reviews I rather get does. In the pic I did the string test to notice the parallel lines bettrr.

Attachments

• 1421364488205.jpg
    1421364488205.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 195

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The vibration is not constant, sometimes it's strong.

If it's NOT constant as in it comes and goes and comes and goes, you most likely have a drive shaft that is out of balance.

The thing is I really need all does parts, maybe not that brand but after reading reviews I rather get does. In the pic I did the string test to notice the parallel lines bettrr.

None of the parts you have listed will address your vibration problem.

srosario

I'm not sure I order a drag link flip, I order these part

Attachments

• 1421367885975.jpg
    1421367885975.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 159

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure but, I'm pretty sure you are just getting the flipped drag link. You NEED a track bar relocation bracket with a drag link flip. The sleeve you posted up earlier is only needed if you make the hole in your knuckle too wide.

srosario

Ok so I just read the instructions and I have the option to do a stock configuration or a high steer drag link flip, I guess I'm staying with the stock configuration?.

I was told by (The shop)
That the drag link and track bar have to be as parallel to the (GROUND OR AXLE OR ROAD) as possible. That's why I should buy every part that drops the driver side and rises the pasenger end side.
Is any of these true.

Last edited:

chipper

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421407321.426504.jpg
This is the relocation bracket. I just installed this setup in my jeep. It makes your draglink and trackbar parallel to each other

chipper

Take a few more pics of the front so we can get a better look. That bracket will be needed if you plan to FLIP the draglink so it is on top of the knuckle on the passenger side.

srosario

I don't plan on flipping the drank link, cause I don't think I need it, everything looks parralel already, now, hopefully with the new shocks it stays the same,

Attachments

• 1421523384603.jpg
    1421523384603.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1421523395287.jpg
    1421523395287.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 1421523412650.jpg
    1421523412650.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 1421523423445.jpg
    1421523423445.jpg