Show off your cooler(s)!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cool thread!

So for work over the past 10 years brown bagging it everyday I've tried them all. From the hard plastic igloo and Stanley's to all the soft sided ones from Target, Walmart, big five.

I usually get a year out of them before having to replace it. And they all fail well before the year. From blown zippers to completely shattering or splitting into pieces. And to top it off they all suck at retaining ice or keeping food safe.

Finally broke down and went full retard using a coupon and REI dividend and picked up a Yeti Flip. So wishing I just did this years ago. One of the best purchases I've ever made. It's only at six months now but it has ZERO signs of wear. I'm confident I'll get plenty of mileage out of it.

Right front floor is its home in my work truck.
View attachment 271962 .

The newest version of the Flip has a handle on its lid. I'm very happy without a lid as I use it as a table 99% of the time.
View attachment 271964 .

Best past though is. Paired with a 4lb Yeti Ice pack it will actually freeze a salad or sandwich in direct contact. The pack stays frozen for the entire work day and will be slushy/mostly frozen at the 16 hour mark keeping everything in the cooler plenty cold.
View attachment 271966 .

Nice! Been looking at getting the flip since my igloo and other lunch bag I have never stay cold. Also the ice packs I have suck so the yeti ice is up there on my list as well. Glad to hear it lasts so long!

Nice! Been looking at getting the flip since my igloo and other lunch bag I have never stay cold. Also the ice packs I have suck so the yeti ice is up there on my list as well. Glad to hear it lasts so long!

Love this thing. I got lucky and found the yeti ice on Amazon for a great deal. Keep your eyes peeled for sales.

Guy I work with picked one up about a month ago. He absolutely loves it too.

Update on my Yeti Flip.

Still structurally sound as the day I bought it. Zipper is still working and is surprisingly still water tight. I would totally recommend this cooler. Get the new version with the handle on the lid. Mine doesn’t have one and I could see myself using that instead of the shoulder strap.

So here’s the bad.
Recently a clip on the shoulder strap broke. Hopefully Yeti replaces it under warranty. I’d rather not waste 25 bucks on a new strap.
IMG_8620.JPG .

Again great cooler. Just get the updated version if your thinking about it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I’ve been using this one to take my lunch to work just about every day since I got it. It’s just about worn out and time for a new one.

IMG_5072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I’ve been using this one to take my lunch to work just about every day since I got it. It’s just about worn out and time for a new one.

View attachment 301320

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Looks similar to my craftsman one I scored from the trash at work. Someone left a sandwich in it too long. A couple trips through the washer and the smell was gone...haha. My coworker still laughs everytime he sees me with it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Update on my Yeti Flip.

Still structurally sound as the day I bought it. Zipper is still working and is surprisingly still water tight. I would totally recommend this cooler. Get the new version with the handle on the lid. Mine doesn’t have one and I could see myself using that instead of the shoulder strap.

So here’s the bad.
Recently a clip on the shoulder strap broke. Hopefully Yeti replaces it under warranty. I’d rather not waste 25 bucks on a new strap.
View attachment 301317 .

Sucks about the strap! I really want one for trips where the hard cooler is to much hassle but I still need the same amount of drinks. Glad to hear it’s holding up so well

Brute

Hooked
Update on my Yeti Flip.

So here’s the bad.
View attachment 301317 .

What about getting an inexpensive carabineer to attach the strap to the cooler?

Sucks about the strap! I really want one for trips where the hard cooler is to much hassle but I still need the same amount of drinks. Glad to hear it’s holding up so well
It’s really a great cooler. Silly price tag though. I keep reminding myself that I would go through a soft side cooler every couple months and that helps the sting.

What about getting an inexpensive carabineer to attach the strap to the cooler?

That’s what I’m using at the moment.

Looks like not for long. lol

IMG_8656.jpg .

Brute

Hooked
Upper Clearwater 2.jpg

I've had this Yeti Hopper 30 for about two years now...still works great, zipper is still completely waterproof. They have since redesigned the zipper placement on the newer models...

It will hold ice for 48 hours with an ice to beer/water ratio of 2-1; I have extended this by 24 hours by freezing the water bottles...

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 301521

I've had this Yeti Hopper 30 for about two years now...still works great, zipper is still completely waterproof. They have since redesigned the zipper placement on the newer models...

It will hold ice for 48 hours with an ice to beer/water ratio of 2-1; I have extended this by 24 hours by freezing the water bottles...

On a side note... your Jeep is F’n Awesome. 🤙🏽

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Picked up this "Cold Bastard" cooler on sale.

Attachments

• 20180701_034538.jpg
    20180701_034538.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 186

Bustedback

My 50 year old Coleman steel belted ice chest still works awesome.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

EricInUtah

After spending a week at Lake Powell with temps around 110 degrees, I decided to upgrade my cooler game. I had been checking prices versus reviews and trying to decide when I stumbled across the Lifetime 55qt cooler at Walmart for $97. Reviews have it equal or better than Yeti, made in USA and certified bear proof.

67a8f9b850f41e8dc95a1ccfca72197b.jpg

I like the latch design better and the lock opening has a bottle opener.

6e173e385b387c08275b71cbabd1f80d.jpg

388341de394ecad360fc6b02cc6b6067.png

Edit:
After four days in the July heat. It started full of ice and drinks, probably a little over half full now.

awt8g5.jpg

Six days-
VEemxmIGD7oT6mwH7LF2g8EAdb2IldURr3-pNbNTxwGHDrtGBES4tbOIzYRJ4aTpd5hBlfWfvFzNw1faDvioZfTQRJ8SHvIEKwX9hhqmeRngsvDdRTRJ_Mo6d75GUzgYA9LTEI9QM5WZDEV0Vq8Px2Wsj4OaZ_0lAef33bNmxzwchf2icV3767v3077oenjcsqLGafapq-nVgQWH3G5sLlYB17cGnD_U-71xnDSydpV437FwVXNlXviHPnR0N_3tbA032wNPsOdpZOj_snMZjY2EwEXyD16104bpuEIIVNWlMMTglRiHBPTvF9pfEVJT8oBV-QjiTt4bMhuygo_odUDrT5FVm_nhJG4f3DUrMldm_UP-Id1RMPTsJuo2X3LlFSHOhk2oiQzU3pMCVRw5tXxgnaYmyTNKAsoRXBac6ebGx3Y9O3l5cMpocF_hgVvkNXG6fjEDbcoXwXuMxp_hRlW7h-hsTB7BG2LXWwbaNA9geqlIQeuNsR2CLRDy_5YHplxF18cI2kppbaKYjXfxCDAyMnwxmBl-n5Cjf7fFWkWA97xm0BUTp9O6Fj0nEfUhn9PYRdWd4DbEwBSuN7hSya9uSKFPP2nBWOrRb4JU=w847-h635-no

qTx143pnAvmSS4IHguGHC-REAF5mL9P6IwRfAFF5JJIG1DUOOMrsxzrEBpxNK1DzUPfgj9MICQzLLOgi8ffXKfn76s3EowZlmqkoB5V3wlkBTkKFZqGgE-_vDLagWcOFqyfg7CAumL9zi4kREoaNnh_jO9K1gBKg1neHhjwSgpt2f2OtHfOUOU8-wY4ZmGfTXn0msg3zB9egGIGuyk7jIw3dyEb8PwgHMW5Htk7_QqVSHMiaCrwOQb0KTcOXVmb0tPjNTcHMd84-P_NOwCvp_in1V-bFHpiQHc-ziulnzHQ7AGVFTnZVUm4IMV-ZmKc0cme82Q6_v5ETo3yOgYd3FKPWLgfd_V1H3TqSSY2vdNHxlKzG5OdJwWW8UeJyraEj4ceb63qVXxgGOQDp7U1KX98mX3Z56n6W6SOd7qSCyE054rCL-wV_RXS92VgrrOVtbd9tZoO-p_FsT7warb4PU-PKlA_TCLIdoozaP6VBAvXA1sHv62OITdKPSHQ14MJT9hMlZu6978NBP_CO_qvpPtBsPMMzstNtvIpepsidg5Ukeq6tDWAOM7_oD381aKrD3mNEPDrX3oJ5lWNKV-71_qhkEBzJmSPEa3EkCXsO=w847-h635-no

Last edited:
Top Bottom