Show off your cooler(s)!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Cool thread and some of these coolers look great, but I just don't understand the logic behind spending $400 on a cooler that requires ice instead of buying a fridge for around $700.

I know for my yeti I was actually able to get mine at cost from my cousin and saved almost $200 from what it lists for. Also I know I can take this out on the boat and sandbars a lot easier than I can the arb. I do see you point tho

naysjp

Caught the Bug
This is one of the soft coolers that i picked up from a local off road shop. I like them because they take up less space than a traditional cooler. They may not keep ice as long as the hard coolers, but a day trip is great.

IMG_1061.JPG

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Fridges are great for long trips without access to stores. But I think for the average joe, it would take years to spend $300 on ice.

That's a fair point, but I'm not even thinking about just the ice. The amount of food I save from not having shit get soggy adds up quickly.

Kyle7R

This is one of the soft coolers that i picked up from a local off road shop. I like them because they take up less space than a traditional cooler. They may not keep ice as long as the hard coolers, but a day trip is great.

View attachment 271088
I've got a couple of AO soft coolers too, their warranty is pretty legit too.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I found out. The first one I had leaked for some reason and I got another one. I got these for when I had the two door and was trying to save space but w/ the 4DR, I have planty of room for a hard cooler but I like these soft coolers. Just dry them out well after each use and they are good.

black pearl

Hooked
That's a fair point, but I'm not even thinking about just the ice. The amount of food I save from not having shit get soggy adds up quickly.

I often use our old milk containers with screw tops, fill them with water then freeze (with top off). Then put top on and toss into the cooler. They stay cold for days, and as they melt I don't have to deal with water in the bottom of cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

What do you use to keep your food and beverages cold for a day out on the trail, backyard BBQ, or just carry everyday for work?

For me I just got a limited edition seafoam yeti tundra 45!
View attachment 270720

I'm prob gonna start using the yeti more and leave it strapped in the Jeep once I get tie downs for it

How do like the 45 size wise for the Jeep? I normally carry a soft cooler in the for day, trips, but my wife was asking about getting a 45 instead. Either that or an ARB. BTW, that sea foam color is awesome. I have a couple 65's for camping.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

sjd78

We have a Yeti 110 for longer camping trips, a Yeti 50 for overnighters, and a Yeti 20 for day trips. We initially purchased an RTIC 20 when they were clearing out inventory after the lawsuit but it was a piece of shit compared to Yeti. We sold it for what we paid for it and ponied up for another Yeti and couldn't be happier. Maybe it was a fluke and we got a bad one but that thing was a joke.

Cool thread!

So for work over the past 10 years brown bagging it everyday I've tried them all. From the hard plastic igloo and Stanley's to all the soft sided ones from Target, Walmart, big five.

I usually get a year out of them before having to replace it. And they all fail well before the year. From blown zippers to completely shattering or splitting into pieces. And to top it off they all suck at retaining ice or keeping food safe.

Finally broke down and went full retard using a coupon and REI dividend and picked up a Yeti Flip. So wishing I just did this years ago. One of the best purchases I've ever made. It's only at six months now but it has ZERO signs of wear. I'm confident I'll get plenty of mileage out of it.

Right front floor is its home in my work truck.
IMG_6731.JPG .

The newest version of the Flip has a handle on its lid. I'm very happy without a lid as I use it as a table 99% of the time.
IMG_6730.JPG .

Best past though is. Paired with a 4lb Yeti Ice pack it will actually freeze a salad or sandwich in direct contact. The pack stays frozen for the entire work day and will be slushy/mostly frozen at the 16 hour mark keeping everything in the cooler plenty cold.
IMG_6733.JPG .

Top Bottom