SHOW us the SNOW!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from this shit making it hard to work out in the garage (I know, my fault), it really is kind of awesome. I thought 2017 was epic - this winter makes it pale by comparison.

The crazy thing is, I'm pretty sure it was Jsounders that made a post about this last year. Posted up a shot from the Farmers Almanac saying it was gonna be a cold and long winter and they've been doing this shit, fairly accurately since 1818! To this day, they they don't use computers to make their forecasts. Makes me laugh how much more they've been right about climate than Al Gore, Gretta Thumberg or any of the other save the planet types.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Aside from this shit making it hard to work out in the garage (I know, my fault), it really is kind of awesome. I thought 2017 was epic - this winter makes it pale by comparison.

The crazy thing is, I'm pretty sure it was Jsounders that made a post about this last year. Posted up a shot from the Farmers Almanac saying it was gonna be a cold and long winter and they've been doing this shit, fairly accurately since 1818! To this day, they they don't use computers to make their forecasts. Makes me laugh how much more they've been right about climate than Al Gore, Gretta Thumberg or any of the other save the planet types.
Right! I love those things. I skim through them at the grocery store and it’s always accurate.

You know your going to install a heater this summer and you won’t get any snow next winter. 🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell!! Had to drive to Sparks today and it was literally a blizzard out! Crazy powerful winds and all through Washoe Valley, it was whiteout conditions.

20230228162716-188b83e6.jpg

There were cars all over the place and the ones that were still moving were only able to do 30 mph at most.

And, even with halogen lights, the snow still built up quite a bit.
20230228162703-34c46777.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Even with
Washo Valley 580 had a 35 car incident yesterday.
Yup, saw that on the news. I was hoping today was going to be better but apparently not. NHP was out there trying to lead people through with their lights on but then they came up on dumbasses in BMW's without chains just spinning around and they had to stop and protect them. It took almost 2 hours to get out there and then 2 hours to get back. As you know, this is normally a 45 min drive at most.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This was about the average visibility on my way home today…. There was a short period where I considered coming to a complete stop due to complete whiteout
View attachment 385510

all of the sudden a few blocks from home the sky opened up for a moment
View attachment 385511
Awesome! 👍🏻

I saw on the news tonight that the 580 was closed soon after I got home. What a crazy winter we’re having.

CalSgt

Hooked
Awesome! 👍🏻

I saw on the news tonight that the 580 was closed soon after I got home. What a crazy winter we’re having.
Was the old 395 still open or did they close that too? Seems like its got to be 800 feet less elevation on the old highway.

Yeah this shit is nuts, if it doesn't let up I'm not sure I'll make it tomorrow...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Was the old 395 still open or did they close that too? Seems like its got to be 800 feet less elevation on the old highway.

Yeah this shit is nuts, if it doesn't let up I'm not sure I'll make it tomorrow...
Old 395 was still open but chains or 4WD with snow tires were required.

I should note that we easily got 6-8" of new snow last night but this morning looks clear and pretty. I bet everything opens up if they're not already.

CalSgt

Hooked
Old 395 was still open but chains or 4WD with snow tires were required.

I should note that we easily got 6-8" of new snow last night but this morning looks clear and pretty. I bet everything opens up if they're not already.
We got 8-10" yesterday by 7pm then it cleared up and drifted over my freshly shoveled driveway. Skies were blue and cold this morning, maybe an hour of sun will clear the roads up. Currently its chains or snow tires from NV line to Doyle, and again from Janesville to Susanville.

Top Bottom