Show Us Your Deck!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
:eek::eek: I can't believe Eddie took pictures of my deck and posted them on the internet!

Here are some more pics stolen from my Shark Tank thread.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437880157.156018.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437880225.285465.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437928654.807271.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145589.494077.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145619.052613.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145663.089148.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439145680.710818.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I used 3/4" pine for the deck and supports. It seems plenty sturdy. The carpet is actually universal car/rv carpet from Walmart. It's a great match, and very inexpensive.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is that a Simpson strong tie?

Lol! Yes, good eye. But it's just a flat strap (as opposed to a real Simpson strong tie that comes pre-bent for 2x4 or 2x8 use) that I bent. They are only about $0.75 or so. The thicker ones are far too difficult to bend and work with (at least for this particular use). These actually worked very well. The bolts are from the OEM tie downs in the same locations. I repurposed the bolts for my new brackets, then used the tie downs on one side of the deck with new bolts.

Last edited:

kaptkrappy

I'm going to make one of these tomorrow. I like the low shelf idea.

So I did.

1/2" plywood, a 2x6, and I covered with carpet. I had all this in the garage already.

Screwed it together with drywall screws and added some tie downs for bungee cords.

Trimmed to fit the contours of the sides.
Rear Deck 1.jpg

Underside
Rear Deck 2.jpg

You can see how it ends right where the rear tub drops down to the foot well.
Rear Deck 3.jpg

TheFett

Sharkey.......great build on the deck man it looks sweet, functional and very clean. Liking what I'm seeing here, never thought I say "I like your deck and rear end looks mighty clean" :doh: but I feel I'm amongst "friends" and we all know what were are talking about. :cheesy:

Want so bad to put one of these together, problem for me is trying to figure out a simple was to remove or fold it cause the dog goes with us so much and that back area is all her space.

Kaptkrappy can you let me know how easy it is to remove what you've done, that is if Sharkey is correct in we are assuming your's is not bolted in.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks Fett. There is no real reason why your dog couldn't ride on top of the deck, especially with the top on. Topless you would definitely want to leash her in.

TheFett

Thanks Fett. There is no real reason why your dog couldn't ride on top of the deck, especially with the top on. Topless you would definitely want to leash her in.

Yeh I suppose your ri.......you know what I've learned......Yes dear.....:cheesy:

Hey Sharkey could you tell me how much height you have from the top of the deck to the roof inside your JK? Just curious, guess what I'm saying is I really like your layout and not sure if I could just build identical, or because of dog height, I would need to plan ahead to adjust. Sorry if somewhere you already answered that, I just didn't see it. Thx

Last edited:

kaptkrappy

So I take it yours is removable and not bolted to the tub?

She is not bolted down, it is a very tight fit. With the tailgate closed you can not remove it, so the items stored under it are fairly secure.

Kaptkrappy can you let me know how easy it is to remove what you've done, that is if Sharkey is correct in we are assuming your's is not bolted in.

With the tailgate open, I reach under one side and tip it up from the right or left and then it's easy to slide it out the back.

OhNoTheJiggies

So I did.

1/2" plywood, a 2x6, and I covered with carpet. I had all this in the garage already.

Screwed it together with drywall screws and added some tie downs for bungee cords.

Trimmed to fit the contours of the sides.
View attachment 171518

Underside
View attachment 171519

You can see how it ends right where the rear tub drops down to the foot well.
View attachment 171520

Never thought of getting our making a deck but I like the security for smaller items. The tie downs that I saw on here make me like it even more.

Top Bottom