Sierra Trek Registration

werks

I’m still signed up for Friday but if everyone moved to Thursday maybe I will do that.

I’m signed up for the Fordyce run on Friday with you and I’m sticking with it but it looks like Ruvicon & Astroman switched to Thursday. Not sure about anyone else at this point.

Last edited:

werks

Do you know if there's still openings for the runs you guys are signed up for? If so, I think I'm gonna seriously work on Ely to convince her to go... She's not big on camping anymore since the kids left. 😔

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I looked yesterday and it looked like both days are still open and available on the site!the nice thing about this event for people that don’t like camping is that while you might be “in the woods” your food is provided, they have hot showers and there is so much going on that your basically only in your tent to sleep.

BaddestCross

I looked yesterday and it looked like both days are still open and available on the site!the nice thing about this event for people that don’t like camping is that while you might be “in the woods” your food is provided, they have hot showers and there is so much going on that your basically only in your tent to sleep.
That's cool... May help with the convincing. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

werks

I'm still in Friday's run

Great, sounds like about 4 of us on here will be doing the Fordyce Run together on Friday.

No matter though if a person is doing the run on Thursday or Friday as the event gets closer we should all try to plan a time/day for all of us to get together and meet up back in camp!

Buster3479

I just booked the Thursday run. We're exiting the Rubicon on Wed. Hopefully with an intact Jeep! Saturday we need to be in Ouray to meet the Exodus crew!

Brute

Hooked
Great, sounds like about 4 of us on here will be doing the Fordyce Run together on Friday.

No matter though if a person is doing the run on Thursday or Friday as the event gets closer we should all try to plan a time/day for all of us to get together and meet up back in camp!

I won't be camping at Sierra Trek...I'll be coming off a couple camp nights on the Rubicon so I'll be getting a room near the staging area for Fordyce for two nights so I can store my camp gear & upper doors...but I'm up for meeting for beers & dinner

werks

Just a quick update for those interested in and/or already going to Sierra Trek, it looks like the Fordyce Run on Friday is now sold out. So for anyone not yet registered and interested in running Fordyce at Sierra Trek the only option remaining looks like doing the Fordyce run on Thrusday or doing what they are calling the River Run on Friday which is the Fordyce trail run backwards.

For the Fordyce run on Thursday or Friday it looks like they will be staging for the run at 5:30am and departing at 6:30am. This is my first time attending the event so I was looking into where we are staging etc and I noticed that the kicker is that from Base Camp at the Meadow Lakes Campground to staging it looks like it is about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive! Staging is a little bit away from the Eagle Lake Road exit off of 80 (Google Map's link of the route from base camp to stagin is below. I hope this is ok, if not mod's please remove).

https://goo.gl/maps/YbZJaKY7sLN2

Leaving the base camp at 3am, driving 2 1/2 hours to get to staging and then spending the entire day doing Fordyce on top of that seemed to make for a pretty exhausting day to me! So after looking into things I think that what I'm going to do is head to the base camp at Meadow Lake in the afternoon, pick a camping spot and set up and then stay in a hotel near the staging area for the night. The Fordyce run ends at the Meadow Lake campground anyways so when I finish the run everything will be set up and ready for me. In looking for hotels near staging I noticed that there are only a couple of them close by (just do a google search for hotels near Lake Spaulding, CA for a list) so if you are considering doing the same you may want to look into booking soon!

werks

Some of us are staying at kingvale lodge

Yep, looks like there are really only 3 hotels nearby. Kingsvale Lodge, Rainbow Lodge & Sierra View Lodge. I booked at the Sierra View as it looked like it was the closest to staging.

Buster3479

We're getting of the Rubicon and headed to Truckee. We have a room for the night before, and after the Thursday run in Truckee at the Best Western Plus. I don't know the area at all, but it looks like a 30 min drive from Truckee to the staging area? How far to Truckee from our Rubicon trail exit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We're getting of the Rubicon and headed to Truckee. We have a room for the night before, and after the Thursday run in Truckee at the Best Western Plus. I don't know the area at all, but it looks like a 30 min drive from Truckee to the staging area? How far to Truckee from our Rubicon trail exit?

Probably about 20 miles.

What Sharkey said, about 20 miles or so from Tahoma to Truckee. However, you need to be aware that the speed limit the whole way there is like 35 MPH and there's almost always roadwork going on. Expect it to take up to an hour to get there.

Buster3479

What Sharkey said, about 20 miles or so from Tahoma to Truckee. However, you need to be aware that the speed limit the whole way there is like 35 MPH and there's almost always roadwork going on. Expect it to take up to an hour to get there.

Thanks guys. An hour with traffic after 3 days of trail seems like a fair trade!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Heard there was a rollover fatality on Fordyce today. Horrible news if true. Can anyone confirm?

Tomorrow’s Fordyce run has been cancelled.

Top Bottom