Smittybuilt xrc or poison syder fenders

dhughes

Banned
Yeah I guess so....back on topic if your looking for a better and stronger solution to the factory fenders the ps fenders are a great choice I think. Saying that everyone has a opinion and I can only speak on my personal experiences with both. If you wanna see more pictures of them installed or if you have any questions about the installation of the front or rears feel free to pm me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Panda

For those of you who are interested, here are a few video clips that'll help show just how awesome a set of FREE trimmed factory fenders are.

First up, scroll to 7:08 and you will see where I hit my front fender hard enough on a tree that it gets torn off and I drive over it. At the top of the hill, I simply popped it back on and still have it on my Jeep to this day...

Yes, mcpuck is running EVO corners but, as you can see, is still running trimmed factory flares that he mashes off at 3:41 on this video. NO damage to the body and easy to replace...

In this clip, you will see a JK that had flopped with trimmed factory fenders. After pulling it right side up, you will see that one flare got torn off and the other was still mashed up BUT, there was NO body damage caused by them...

This is all I could find quickly but, I'm sure I can dig up all kinds of photos showing just how nice trimmed factory fenders really are and of course, the best part is that they are FREE!!

Like! Like like! Thanksgiving weekend massacre taking a sawsall to pandas fenders! :D

Jeepmaverick

i run the SB armor. They've been great to me, taken on several trees and rocks even some drilling pipes getting backed into them on a rig site…no body damage yet. the looks grow on you. had a slow flop in a dried up creek bed and aside from scratches didn't have any other issues. can't say anything about the ps flares. only issue I've ever had with the armor is the rear right side panel has never lined up perfect. comes down to what you want IMO

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
As a pure Pros and Cons aspect, here it goes:
Pros:
-SB will be the cheaper option at $1050.00 and they come in Matte Black (if you like that)
-PS offer their fenders in Aluminum or steel
-PS leaves open holes for a weld in strength option (SB may also, not for sure)

Cons:
-PS are raw, and after 60 or so nut-serts you will have them installed (if you are not halfway mechanically inclined, do not get these)
-PS will not give you the rear corner protection you are looking for, you can however get the corners for $605 extra (not including lights) if it were me, I would get the EVO corners for 269, or the rear tire carrier with skins and lights for 1450.00
For a breakdown front and rear, fenders only
-SB $1050 (matte black)
-PS aluminum $1130 (raw)
-PS steel $990 (raw)

It comes down to what you like, and what you want to spend. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Top Bottom