Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Spatchcocked turkey on the egg is great. Haven’t cooked a turkey in the oven in 8 years since I snagged an egg.

I won’t ever in the oven again. I brined it last night, first time for that too. It was one of the best I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
I won’t ever in the oven again. I brined it last night, first time for that too. It was one of the best I’ve ever had.

We smoked on in the Egg for thanksgiving 5 years ago and haven’t cooked a bird in the oven since. Having multiple sensors helps a ton to make sure things don’t get over cooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
A lot of egg magic going on here...I miss my egg, gave it to a good friend when we sold the Kaneohe house...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Tell me more. What’s stuffed in the bacon?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kielbasa round/slice at the bottom to keep form then stuffed with the same thing I stuff the jalapeños with. Add a cube of cheese, I used Gouda. I did try a few with hot links to see how that is. I will report back.

Filling is

1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2/3 cups shredded cheese (I used Asiago/cheddar mix)
2 tablespoons of your favorite seasoning
1 whole jalapeño chopped up
1/2 cup bacon

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Burnt ends are on my list of to do’s. I’ve been doing too much of the same shit over and over again. Doing another reverse seared tri tip tonight.

I grabbed a brisket at Costco yesterday. Going to make it for dinner next weekend. Will probably smoke the whole brisket then do burnt ends for the point. I can never get a brisket right on a fire burning smoker. We’ll see how it comes out. Pork belly burnt ends are another level though.

Top Bottom