So I wanna ditch my spare...

jkwebbie

I'm like you, I didn't like the look of the spare on the back. Just throw your spare in the back. That's what I did, plus I don't ever have anyone ride in the back of my Jeep anyways since it's a bitch to get into the back seat of a lifted 2 door lol. Also, get a spare tire delete, like the EVO or Poison Spyder, makes the back look better. Here's mine with the Posion Spyder Tramp Stamp vs the stock carrier. IMG_20160419_211408.jpg FB_IMG_1449710779724.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If there's one thing I've noticed, most of the folks who don't like the "look" of a spare on the back of their Jeep are guys who live back east. And, I suppose that makes sense being that the only places they can wheel are off road parks. Out in the west, the thought of not having a spare or carrying one inside and robbing you of valuable cargo space just because it "looks" cool is just crazy or at least, to most of the people I know. Hell, even with the spare outside, it can still be a real struggle to find enough room for all our gear.

Ddays

Hooked
You do tend to see a lot of Jeeps over here without spares. The thing I don't get is the guys with larger tires with the stock spare still on. Really? In that case you'd be better off without the damn thing.

ScoobyCarolanNC

If there's one thing I've noticed, most of the folks who don't like the "look" of a spare on the back of their Jeep are guys who live back east. And, I suppose that makes sense being that the only places they can wheel are off road parks. Out in the west, the thought of not having a spare or carrying one inside and robbing you of valuable cargo space just because it "looks" cool is just crazy or at least, to most of the people I know. Hell, even with the spare outside, it can still be a real struggle to find enough room for all our gear.

Guilty as charged lol. I think I'm going to look at the AEV CHMSL which is $50 and sits in the spare. Loose the look, keep the safety, uses the factory wire harness.

Sent from my duck blind.

Jimmypaget

This is very true! I recall one time I went out wheeling in my local desert with a buddy of mine a few years back, we replaced the spare with an ice chest, and lo and behold, we ended up getting a tire flat! Murphy's law I guess though right? We ended up running a few miles on the flat and completely shredding the tire before help delivered us the spare from home! Moral of story: don't forget the spare!

BobNH

Don't like the look nor the lack of functionality. But I am in the Northeast, so we still have lots of good offroad type roads that are still open to the public; class vi here in NH and class iv in Vt. The parks are few and far between, and (rightly imo) cater more to the more built rigs.
Though I agree, too many dolled up rigs around that will never see one of those roads. And some so over done they couldn't fit on them if they wanted to. Most are considerably tighter than most of what I have seen (online only) out west.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I also use the ORO led plate. I keep the spare in back. Looks great on a 2 door in my opinion.

160.jpg
What mirrors are you sporting?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of my bad habbits?

Sent from my SM-J700T using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's for you to decide. While I prefer not to wheel with people who drink on the trail, I'm not here to judge you on what you choose to do. What I am questioning is your better judgement for posting something like that up on the internet. As it is, there are tons of tree huggers out there who already think we're a bunch of drunk idiots bent on destroying mother nature and pics like that only help their cause.

tiecka533

That's for you to decide. While I prefer not to wheel with people who drink on the trail, I'm not here to judge you on what you choose to do. What I am questioning is your better judgement for posting something like that up on the internet. As it is, there are tons of tree huggers out there who already think we're a bunch of drunk idiots bent on destroying mother nature and pics like that only help their cause.

Eddie i love your forum ,i did not mean to disrespect anyone . I do not drink and drive never have.

Top Bottom