So this happened Yesterday! Dynatrac Trail leader package! BUMMER it was Made Wrong

WJCO

Meme King
So why would a ProRock need different length shafts? Especially if it is that small of a difference?

Non-Rubicon JKs had an OEM Dana 30. So the pr44 Conventional housing pumpkin was a new thing. I would assume the exact details involve the location of a compatible locker/carrier to fit the prorock pumpkin.

IMG_20190813_194944_198.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Dynatrac uses Foote to build their shafts. So in a sense, they are custom and yes a PR44 requires different length shafts than a Rubicon 44 or a JK Dana 30. However, there are other manufacturers that build shafts for the PR44. Pretty sure Nitro, G2, and Ten Factory do. So no matter what, your Dynatrac shafts should be the same length as other companies that offer them. But no, your local Autozone probably won't carry anything that would fit.

If Dynatrac is confident that is where your issue lies, I still think the right thing to do would be to have just overnighted you some new shafts based on the measurements that they asked of you.
Stock shafts would fit in a PR44. I think what he is saying is maybe they sent him D30 shafts and he needs D44 shafts or something to that effect.

Either way, I wouldn't want my shafts cut down. I don’t care how much they do it or what not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I can see this of a D30 but I thought you could swap Rubicon internals? Either way I'm with Overlander, I wouldn't want cut down shafts.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I can see this of a D30 but I thought you could swap Rubicon internals?

You can, but only on their Rubicon style ProRock pumpkin. They offer two housings: A Rubicon or a Conventional. Rubicon version allows you to re-use OEM locker and shafts. Conventional requires new carrier/locker and new shafts.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

You can, but only on their Rubicon style ProRock pumpkin. They over two housings: A Rubicon or a Conventional. Rubicon version allows you to re-use OEM locker and shafts. Conventional requires new carrier/locker and new shafts.

Yep ^^^ That’s what I’ve learned during my shopping.

So here is the timeline and discussions to date with Dynatrac!

On July 17 I place an order with Dynatrac for their Trail Leader package! was so excited to have this for an upcomming trip to WindRock at the end of August.
On August 5 got tracking info it had shipped!
August 8 was on my trailer from FedEx to be installed that weekend
August 9th I pulled the Dirty 30 out from under my jeep and someone came and picked it up. I then began installing the PR44 got everything bolted up and pulle the shats that were installed so I could install my Knuckles and Unit bearings this is where things started going sideways.
Got the knuckles installed put the shafts back in and started bolt un my unit bearing on drivers side and it stops about 1/4" from being flush ok thats weird. Move to passenger side same thing. thought well its Midnight maybe I am tired or not doing something right so message a buddy that is a mechanic at a Jeep shop right down the street and asked him to stop by he shows up next morning and trys installing no go so put some paint on end of shaft to see if it is in deed going all the way in and yep it is. So either shafts are too long or tubes on both sides are at least 1/4" off. so pull shafts install unit bearings so its at least derivable and take a shit load of pictures and send them off to Dynatrac salesman.
Monday moring I call and ask for tech support got Corywho asks me to send him the pictures and he would pull build sheet and get back with me.
this is the reply!

Hello Charles,

Thank you for the pictures and information.
I was able to look into the build folder for your axle and everything appears to line up except the shafts.
They appear to be slightly oversized. But we would like to get the shafts back to measure and confirm and make the proper modifications to the shafts if need be.
I can create a FedEx call tag and a return authorization to get the shafts back.
Please allow a little time for me to get this processed and I will send of the information to you on what needs to be done next.

So I get it shit happens but the idea that they want the shafts back to "Modify them" did not make sense to me why not just overnight me a set of correct shafts? So I called Cory to express my concerns that if my housing was off i would never be able to replace my shafts without cutting them down and was told as long as you get them from us no worries we will have record of the measurements. So I asked what if I want to get a set of revolution shafts was told Dynatrac PR44 shafts are custom length But i could alway call and get correct lengths and have them made if i choose. this struck me as odd since Dynatrac sells just the housing and northridge builds them with TenTen shafts are they custom???

All I really want is to have a Pro Rock housing that if I break a shaft I can swap it out without needing a machine shop!

It could absolutly be that I got unlucky and got some shafts that were a little long if that's the case great. If not I feel like I am getting a bit of the shaft so to speak!

Charles, we apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your cooperation by providing a few measurements. At this time we do not see a problem with your housing, but if we do, it will be replaced promptly.

We will figure out what the issue is and resolve it. There is no need to be concerned that we are going to cut down your shafts to make it fit. That will not happen here.

Your shafts are due back to us, and we will have more insight to what the problem is. We have built thousands of ProRock 44's with no issues. There are other potential causes for your problem, and we want to make sure we understand what is going on before we take action. We want to get you going as soon as possible.

critter812

Charles, we apologize for your inconvenience, and appreciate your cooperation by providing a few measurements. At this time we do not see a problem with your housing, but if we do, it will be replaced promptly.

We will figure out what the issue is and resolve it. There is no need to be concerned that we are going to cut down your shafts to make it fit. That will not happen here.

Your shafts are due back to us, and we will have more insight to what the problem is. We have built thousands of ProRock 44's with no issues. There are other potential causes for your problem, and we want to make sure we understand what is going on before we take action. We want to get you going as soon as possible.

Thank you for your response I guess we will wait and see since the shafts will not be to you sometime Friday. I guess at that point i can make decision if I need to cancel my plans.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Awesome. Thanks for responding!

critter812

Well it’s well after 5pm in Ca and Dynatrac revived the shafts at 11:21am and I have not heard anything from them guess I am waiting until Monday to hear what they found! So if I have to cancel on Monday I will be out part of our hotel stay!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well it’s well after 5pm in Ca and Dynatrac revived the shafts at 11:21am and I have not heard anything from them guess I am waiting until Monday to hear what they found! So if I have to cancel on Monday I will be out part of our hotel stay!

If you need shafts let me know. I can send you a set since I don’t drive that jeep to hold you over for the trip. I can take them out of my Jeep this weekend.

SLO

All joking aside, that’s what I love about this community; guys that will go that far out of their way to help a member out. I have seen it personally as well.

Top Bottom