SoCal Group

Jk-Lumberjack

Joshua tree is almost 150 miles from me . Scanning to see if anything closer . Holcomb creek is only about 90 .. is that open yet ?

Even Barstow is only about 100 . Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you guys are open to another jeep coming Holcomb Creek would be a fun trail to do tomorrow, and it is open right now... actually it's open year round weather permiting.

BaddestCross

What are conditions like on dishpan and Holcomb ? I’d want someone else to lead since I haven’t been .

@James .. thoughts ?

Sorry, just got home from work... hence the need to go blow off some steam. But now it's late and I'm beat, so I'm not sure if I'll feel like getting in the road early tomorrow. [emoji20]

Anyway, to answer your questions, I don't know what the conditions in Big Bear are right now. The last time I was there was about a month ago and it was covered in snow. Maybe someone else has been up there more recently.

The trailhead for the Old Dale Mining District is located at:

Dropped pin (Google Maps link)
Near Gold Crown Rd, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kFHC2

It's about 135 miles from my home in Palmdale. Big Bear is closer for sure.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Sorry, just got home from work... hence the need to go blow off some steam. But now it's late and I'm beat, so I'm not sure if I'll feel like getting in the road early tomorrow. [emoji20]

Anyway, to answer your questions, I don't know what the conditions in Big Bear are right now. The last time I was there was about a month ago and it was covered in snow. Maybe someone else has been up there more recently.

The trailhead for the Old Dale Mining District is located at:

Dropped pin (Google Maps link)
Near Gold Crown Rd, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kFHC2

It's about 135 miles from my home in Palmdale. Big Bear is closer for sure.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Haha let’s take a rain check . I can’t get up early either and have evening plans . I’d be down Sunday (with more lead time) if anyone is down

EazyJL

Is Azusa OHV open on weekdays?

I dont see why it wouldn’t be... there is a ranger station at the entrance... maybe call.

As far as I know only weekends and holidays open, I’m right now here by Gorman tried to go Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail but still closed down u could go around the gate but I’m by myself don’t want trouble lol.
Now I’m Hungry Valley maybe play there a bit then to Rowher Bouquet Reservoir on my way back if you want to let’s met somewhere...

Correct guys, Azusa is only open weekends and Hollidays. The park is currently like half of its size due to the large amount of water in the dam. I went there weeks ago they said the water was like 30 inches and then when I got to the water crossing it was swallowing 40s if you picked the wrong line.

EazyJL

That ekocrawl event is going to be set up at the CRPA SoCal crawfish boil at rahagees in chino the weekend of the 13th. I believe the event is part fundraiser for the scouts (not sure though). I’ll be there if anyone is interested in going and running the course there for a good cause.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SkyRubi18

I’ll be going to be in El Mirage today and will check out the “Old Fearless Jeep Trail” is not much info about it but I found some on YouTube the trail is founded by “Rough Wheelers” a longer time ago look at their rigs that was some real action with smaller tires etc. 🤙🏽[emoji1605]

jdofmemi

I’ll be going to be in El Mirage today and will check out the “Old Fearless Jeep Trail” is not much info about it but I found some on YouTube the trail is founded by “Rough Wheelers” a longer time ago look at their rigs that was some real action with smaller tires etc. 🤙🏽[emoji1605]

How did it go?

SkyRubi18

Just got back from Lytle Creek Trail I wasn’t satisfied with that little bit in El Mirage had not enough Jeep wheeling done lol
Trail is messed up when u start from Lone Pine Canyon Rd and hit 3N31 tree and rock plus dirt slide blocking trail first 3 mls
but ppl tried no I saw they failed and turned back on hand of tire tracks

I just went over it off camber with tree branch on left 2” away from rear window and pushed it on that loose soil pile of what looks just happened today through good adrenaline!!
Not recommend without spotters, I still went on my own as 99% trails I hit lol

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Can start kicking around details this week. Clearskies mentioned him and a few others might be interested as well. I can only do Sunday but hoping to run JB, Holcomb, and or Dishpan .

So it looks like we have a group interested in Big Bear Sunday 14th.
I'll call the Discovery Center this week and check on conditions. Sounds like the general consensus is DishPan, Holcomb and maybe John Bull depending on time and conditions.
The bigger the group the more likely we'll only get in two trails. We can make that decision later.
Since Dan is the instigator on this one, maybe PM Dan if you're in and we can get everyone in on the meet spot and time.

jdofmemi

So it looks like we have a group interested in Big Bear Sunday 14th.
I'll call the Discovery Center this week and check on conditions. Sounds like the general consensus is DishPan, Holcomb and maybe John Bull depending on time and conditions.
The bigger the group the more likely we'll only get in two trails. We can make that decision later.
Since Dan is the instigator on this one, maybe PM Dan if you're in and we can get everyone in on the meet spot and time.

As long as nothing goes too wrong this week, I'm up for it. I already worked two days this weekend trying to catch up since the Moab trip.

Top Bottom