Some New JL Photos

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
I used to think this way too but I'm not so sure that I'd like a diesel. Honestly one of the biggest reasons would be the odor. Does anyone have any idea what this particular diesel is like as far as odor output?

BTW...Diesel doesn't smell anymore
I'm thinking of the MPG. Hopefully it will be somewhere around 30 stock. And 18mpg. w/40s. Hell of a lot better than 12mpg I'm getting now :(

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I used to think this way too but I'm not so sure that I'd like a diesel. Honestly one of the biggest reasons would be the odor. Does anyone have any idea what this particular diesel is like as far as odor output?
Being on a trail behind a smelly vehicle plain sucks. My daughter and I had to follow an old beat up, out of tune CJ5 around on a trail this Summer and honestly about a quarter mile in I almost told her to punt that fucker off the damn trail. We were both nauseous and she ended up stopping and letting him get out in front of us far enough so we couldn't smell it. I personally don't want to go through that again, especially all day with a group. I would think the new diesels aren't that way but still...

My one friend has the diesel in his Chevy Colorado, the duramax 2.8L and I never noticed a smell like older diesels. I do love the smell however. I have to say that truck sure can move and its fun to drive.

Ddays

Hooked
My one friend has the diesel in his Chevy Colorado, the duramax 2.8L and I never noticed a smell like older diesels. I do love the smell however. I have to say that truck sure can move and its fun to drive.

My buddy just bought a ZR2 Colorado with that engine and he loves it. I haven't seen it yet but hope to soon.

That damn diesel smell :icon_crazy: Makes me want to barf.

WJIN4LO

Glad I am not the only one who loves the smell of diesel in the mornings, nothing better than the smell of a big boat firing up a couple of large diesel engines.

Ddays

Hooked
Glad I am not the only one who loves the smell of diesel in the mornings, nothing better than the smell of a big boat firing up a couple of large diesel engines.

You guys are fucking weird.

I worked landscaping for 4 Summers with a guy that had a shitty old BMC tractor that spewed black diesel exhaust all goddam day. It reeked. To this day when I get behind a bus or truck I want to pull over and barf. HATE it! BLEECH!

Brute

Hooked

I own a diesel truck...while I'm not too crazy about the smell, I do love the sound.

And speaking of boats, 40 years ago I worked on a commercial diesel sanpan out of Hawaii Kai...there's nothing like cutting up 50 lbs of tuna bellies while inhaling diesel exhaust for hours while heading out to the bottom fishing grounds off the Penguin Banks...got me into commercial diving pretty quickly...

RedPool

2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-front-quarter-01.jpg

Jeep: I am tired of people cutting the fenders on the JK.
Engineer: Check this out.
Jeep: Perfect!

This is going to throw a twist in the aftermarket offerings. Not quite sure if that is a good or bad thing. And did they drop the front cowl/air dam thing down further?

wanderer

looks very good

Bigger stock tires, more engine choices I don't think it will be a let down at all. If it was radically different it would be too far off what a jeep is supposed to be, I think they nailed it pretty darn well so far.

Vincent

Agreed. It's nice though that the nostalgia/heritage is kept alive and knowing it is a Jeep coming down the road even from a distance. Very distinctive styling. I for one am glad that is intact.

Agreed as well. I was afraid from the beginning that the new generation would lose it's style due to regulations. I'm happy with the way it retains it's classic character!

Sahara_Maverick

The appearance looks fine. I personally do not look for Jeep changing the exterior so much that is loses the Wrangler's iconic identity.
However, I am very interested on what's inside. Have they finally put decent engines? What new features are there? (not looking for mall crawling ones - want to see stuff really good for offroad and trails).
What about reliability? Has that frigging TIPM gone away and replaced by something reliable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Looks good to me, but like Eddie said, the way they've kept it under wraps, you'd think there'd be more of a difference.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Well looks like this will be my next jeep. Being that I have owned a 88, 98, and now an 08 only seems right to get a 18. Wonder what the 2028 model is gonna look like [emoji12]

vgullotta

HA, looks like they learned something! The mirrors are higher up on the door now, so they don't hit the body if the door swings open =)

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Too bad they didn't just go straight to mounting them on the A-pillar.

Agreed...that would have saved on relocation brackets or extra mirrors to use when the doors are off.

I'm hoping the door hinges are interchangeable with JKs. I would really like to replace mine with the JL type if they really do have a door opening-limit mechanism built into them.

'07 JKUR

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Jeep: I am tired of people cutting the fenders on the JK.
Engineer: Check this out.
Jeep: Perfect!

This is going to throw a twist in the aftermarket offerings. Not quite sure if that is a good or bad thing. And did they drop the front cowl/air dam thing down further?
I am wondering how long those would last on a trail, if you left the stock fenders on?🤔

Sent from my SM-S727VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom