Some New JL Photos

Mizippi

Interesting: The bulge in the hood combined with the slant in the grill (and the slant in the windshield) will save how many MPGs? Ha

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

c3jko

Yes, I do like the looks of the JL. Don't know if I like the wrap around lights on the front fender though.but yea, overall pretty nice from what I can see on the picture.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Looks like evolution and not revolution. I like it and I'll bet the aftermarket is happy about it to. All the under wrap sightings and secrecy probably will bring folks into showrooms.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's the mall crawler in me but I don't like the way they moved the turn signal to the fenders. I really like it integrated into the grill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

The fenders look more flat ish than the jk fenders so maybe there will be less of a need to cut them to make them flat. If not people are going to have to get creative for cutting them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

garretthaynes

I like the looks. Don't think it's a game changer to swap out the JK for the JL though, especially if you have several mods on your JK. The different engine options are interesting though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have to admit that the more they undress the JL and we get a better look at it, the more I have to wonder why they've been trying so hard to keep it under wraps for so long. While I like what I'm seeing, all these leaks that are meant to reveal something so amazing are leading up to a big let down.

Have to agree with u Eddie i'm not sure if i'm going to buy a JL now i might just wait and do an engine swap when the diesel comes available.

desertbuzz

I've said it before - I'm bummed that the JL is so close in styling to the JK. It looks perfectly fine but its not 'different' enough for me. From all that we've seen so far, I think the biggest change is with the new interior.

Not only interior ...but also transmission... fuel efficiency... all new chassis... improved safety... improved ride noise etc.. etc... :) :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ddays

Hooked
Not only interior ...but also transmission... fuel efficiency... all new chassis... improved safety... improved ride noise etc.. etc... :) :clap2::clap2::clap2:

All new chassis? Looks pretty much the same to me. Surely it'll be tweaked some but not all new. Improved safety? In what way? Improved ride noise? How?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
All new chassis? Looks pretty much the same to me. Surely it'll be tweaked some but not all new. Improved safety? In what way? Improved ride noise? How?

I agree with you Jerry, not a hole lot different, that I can see. And to tell you the truth, I'm glad.

Agree with most, I'm glad they didn't change to much wrt the JK. But I do wonder about the lights on the fenders and the aftermarket solutions that are developed- especially the turn signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Agree with most, I'm glad they didn't change to much wrt the JK. But I do wonder about the lights on the fenders and the aftermarket solutions that are developed- especially the turn signal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this aspect because I may be mistaken but I thought many states restrict or outlaw modifying that sort of thing which could have a big impact on how far you can take your mods and stay legal.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this aspect because I may be mistaken but I thought many states restrict or outlaw modifying that sort of thing which could have a big impact on how far you can take your mods and stay legal.

I'd be willing to bet someone comes out with a grill that puts em' right back where they were. Highway Patrol will never know the difference.

Top Bottom