Someone help! Semi urgent

Why don’t you calm the hell down. I talk from experience after fixing one with excessive rust and frame damage so I know what I’m talking about, and gave you honest advice if it turns out to be the frame. Do with it what you want. Ask questions online you get answers, don’t cry when you don’t like someone’s opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m sorry but that hit a fucking nerve.

One of the last good memories/memories in general I have was my mom teaching me to drive a stick shift when I was 12. That so happened to be in a wrangler, specifically about 10miles away from where I bought this one from in Fallon, Nevada. She just died due to pancreatic cancer as well as a slew of other complications. It wasn’t quick either. that last post hit my fucking nerve with that.

It might be an old Jeep but that Jeep is the reason I set out of bed to go to work right now. Every fucking time I so much as grab that door handle to get in, it reminds me of some of the last goods times we had before shit hit the fan with us. It drives the exact same and it shifts the same as the one I learned on even down to some of the quirks. I grew up with jeeps and she had multiple jeeps.

So again, I’m sorry but this is not just some rust bucket, literally it might be yes but i dont see it that way. for anyone else on here reading this thread or any other threads I have, if you are going to put some comment in reguards to it being “old”, not worth repairing or what ever I suggest you shit your fucking mouth and not say a damn thing. I dont give a flying fuck if the frame is bent or cracked. I’m restoring this Jeep, I’m driving this Jeep and even though it isn’t the exact one I learned on, it drives like it and it reminds me of it. That’s good enough for me.

IMG_7639.JPG .

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

One of the last good memories/memories in general I have was my mom teaching me to drive a stick shift when I was 12. That so happened to be in a wrangler, specifically about 10miles away from where I bought this one from in Fallon, Nevada. She just died due to pancreatic cancer as well as a slew of other complications. It wasn’t quick either. that last post hit my fucking nerve with that.

It might be an old Jeep but that Jeep is the reason I set out of bed to go to work right now. Every fucking time I so much as grab that door handle to get in, it reminds me of some of the last goods times we had before shit hit the fan with us. It drives the exact same and it shifts the same as the one I learned on even down to some of the quirks. I grew up with jeeps and she had multiple jeeps.

So again, I’m sorry but this is not just some rust bucket, literally it might be yes but i dont see it that way. for anyone else on here reading this thread or any other threads I have, if you are going to put some comment in reguards to it being “old”, not worth repairing or what ever I suggest you shit your fucking mouth and not say a damn thing. I dont give a flying fuck if the frame is bent or cracked. I’m restoring this Jeep, I’m driving this Jeep and even though it isn’t the exact one I learned on, it drives like it and it reminds me of it. That’s good enough for me.

Look, man. I don’t think anyone was trying to hurt your feelings over your mom. If you want to fix it, go for it. You are online asking for opinions, and you’ll get them.

WJCO

Meme King

Dude, He, nor any of us, had any way to know the back story. He was responding to your post from a cost/money point of view. A lot of people here on the forum have been down the road with older Jeeps and have soaked a lot of time and money into them where they could have purchased a newer one and been better off from a financial/time point of view. It's very obvious (from your this post of yours) the reasons that you are keeping the Jeep (and for good reason) and good luck with it, but keep in mind everyone posting here had good intentions for trying to help you out.

Oreo_penguin536

Why don’t you calm the hell down. I talk from experience after fixing one with excessive rust and frame damage so I know what I’m talking about, and gave you honest advice if it turns out to be the frame. Do with it what you want. Ask questions online you get answers, don’t cry when you don’t like someone’s opinion.

I’m sorry man, you kinda get the arrows point of a bad day. Nothing you did that was all me I know you are just trying to help.

Don’t take it personal. Still pretty fresh, got that way with my boss/owner of the company earlier this week as well.

No hard feelings I my end

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Don’t come asking for fucking advice if you don’t want it.

And proof read before you hit send if you’re trying to act like a tough guy. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they say “shit your fucking mouth.”

Oreo_penguin536

Don’t come asking for fucking advice if you don’t want it.

And proof read before you hit send if you’re trying to act like a tough guy. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they say “shit your fucking mouth.”

I’m not trying to act like anything nor do I hide behind a screen. I’ll say all my apologizes face to face if that’s what people need. How I’m acting is like a 21 year old who is pissed off and pretty sad about my mother just dying very recently, either way that doesn’t excuse anything I know. I apologized, I snapped, I was having a bad day let’s be grown ups and move on. We can keep quoting that post of if it will make you feel better though. I don’t care I’m already over it. It was a bad post that I sent when I was already pissed off and I should have just gone to bed and left it instead of trying to make sure I’m an active member and not seen otherwise.
Like I said previously, I was having a bad day and Boarder got the brunt end of it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m not trying to act like anything nor do I hide behind a screen. I’ll say all my apologizes face to face if that’s what people need. How I’m acting is like a 21 year old who is pissed off and pretty sad about my mother just dying very recently, either way that doesn’t excuse anything I know. I apologized, I snapped, I was having a bad day let’s be grown ups and move on. We can keep quoting that post of if it will make you feel better though. I don’t care I’m already over it. It was a bad post that I sent when I was already pissed off and I should have just gone to bed and left it instead of trying to make sure I’m an active member and not seen otherwise.
Like I said previously, I was having a bad day and Boarder got the brunt end of it.

Understood. It takes a real man to apologize, and I respect that.

Oreo_penguin536

Mike, you’re right. I think that’s partly what’s getting to me.

Notnalc, like I said I’ll do it in person as well to who ever. I don’t hide behind a keyboard and I was completely in the wrong.

RCVRY I can’t tell if that pun was intended or not lol

Does it have the original motor in it or was the motor removed to be rebuilt or anything ? If it was the panels and hood were probably all removed to pull the engine. It’s sometimes a pain in the butt to get the panels lined up and gapped correctly. It can be fixed by using body panel shims. If it drives ok, I wouldn’t stress about it just fix it up over time.

Oreo_penguin536

Does it have the original motor in it or was the motor removed to be rebuilt or anything ? If it was the panels and hood were probably all removed to pull the engine. It’s sometimes a pain in the butt to get the panels lined up and gapped correctly. It can be fixed by using body panel shims. If it drives ok, I wouldn’t stress about it just fix it up over time.

I have no idea, I keep finding little suprizes of things needed fixed so I wouldn’t doubt it. Drives like a brand new engine, doesn’t even sound old really to me anyway

So this isn’t like a truck where you just pop off the hood and pull the engine if needed? The only Rhône’s I’ve pulled were out of chevys and I’ve never heard of pulling the panels

I’ve never pulled an engine in a Jeep, just on my old 62 Chevy and 59 gmc. Just suggesting something to look at. People do all kinds of weird stuff. Really depends on how far they had to tear it down. I think someone also suggested to check the body bushings. Just give everything a good once over. If your frame is rusted out, it should be real noticeable.

Top Bottom