Someone help! Semi urgent

JDDK

The bodyshop standard that Insurance companies use is 1.5 to 2 hrs of frame rack setup and maybe another hour to pull if it is "diamoned" out of square. you can use a tape measure to pick parallel points on the fender mount bolts under the hood and measure up to corresponding bolts on the upper radiator support. Also measure diagonally at those points. they should match. if so, could be just misalignes body panels or door gaps....

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd follow everyone's advice and check body panels first before inspecting the frame. I know how a reaction like that can happen before you know it. I lost my mom 5 years ago. The year I got my Jeep. She always wanted a wrangler but never had one. Plus when she saw it was a manual she freaked out because all her cars were manuals. Unfortunately she passed before she could ever drive it. The apology was sincere and it'll all be water under the bridge. You'll get razzed forever about your bullshut but that's what friends do. I was always told when friends stop talking shut to you that's when you have a problem. Let it roll off or fire friendly shut back.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

I'd follow everyone's advice and check body panels first before inspecting the frame. I know how a reaction like that can happen before you know it. I lost my mom 5 years ago. The year I got my Jeep. She always wanted a wrangler but never had one. Plus when she saw it was a manual she freaked out because all her cars were manuals. Unfortunately she passed before she could ever drive it. The apology was sincere and it'll all be water under the bridge. You'll get razzed forever about your bullshut but that's what friends do. I was always told when friends stop talking shut to you that's when you have a problem. Let it roll off or fire friendly shut back.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well played sir... well played[emoji23]

Yeah, I figure start with the easy cheap stuff first, so that’s what’s gonna happen first.panels as soon as I get some time to really look at it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dude, it’s hard to say. For as old as the jeep is I’d say it has probably been taken apart a couple of times. From the picture I would say you need to replace them. I don’t think anyone could 100% say if you change them out it will fix your issues but it’s a start.

From doing a little bit of research there are 11 body mount bushings on the YJ. There are 1 on each side of the rear cross member, 1 on each side of the gas tank, 3 below each door and 1 at the center of the grill. Doesn’t look like fun to replace them. Especially if you break a bolt. PB blaster will be your friend. Take your time and use a lot of penetrating oil.

Top Bottom