Someone help! Semi urgent

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Gotta say I have never seen anyone pull body panels to remove an engine.
In regained to the rest of the shit show. I feel Oreo handled it well, and apologized right away. Everyone says, or types something occasionally that they either don't mean, or otherwise wouldn't have said if they weren't pissed off to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I have no idea, I keep finding little suprizes of things needed fixed so I wouldn’t doubt it. Drives like a brand new engine, doesn’t even sound old really to me anyway

So this isn’t like a truck where you just pop off the hood and pull the engine if needed? The only Rhône’s I’ve pulled were out of chevys and I’ve never heard of pulling the panels

I believe you could pull the hood and grill and pull it, but from my understanding (I could be wrong) on the yj is wasn’t terribly difficult to pull the fenders and such off. if you were doing a swap and wanted more room to work with it wouldn’t be a big deal to pull the whole front apart.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Been rough, had to do a lot of apologizing lately lol. it sucks because it’s just like you saw, one thing said or read wrong and me already being a hot head at times I flame on people for no reason. Wish Boarder would hop back in here and say something atleast otherwise I gotta search him out to do this in person

He’ll see it, I’m sure, but you can PM him. Life’s hard, sometimes.

IMG_0788.JPG

Oreo_penguin536

That defiantly might be something I check then. I could understand the whole more room why the hell not thing though for sure, drives perfectly fine that’s why I was so puzzled.

I’m gonna pm him now

Scrambler

I have no idea, I keep finding little suprizes of things needed fixed so I wouldn’t doubt it. Drives like a brand new engine, doesn’t even sound old really to me anyway

So this isn’t like a truck where you just pop off the hood and pull the engine if needed? The only Rhône’s I’ve pulled were out of chevys and I’ve never heard of pulling the panels

I pulled a 4.0 out of a YJ about 2 years ago. We pulled off the front grill assembly but left the quarter panels on. We did not pull the hood as it can be folded back.

Sahara_Maverick

My suggestion is opening the hood all the way and checking whether how twisted it gets on that position.

Is it possible that it's only the hood that's not well adjusted?

How are the tires wearing off? Is the Jeep pulling one way or another while driving or braking? A bent frame would have these symptoms, correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oreo_penguin536

My suggestion is opening the hood all the way and checking whether how twisted it gets on that position.

Is it possible that it's only the hood that's not well adjusted?

How are the tires wearing off? Is the Jeep pulling one way or another while driving or braking? A bent frame would have these symptoms, correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Possibly, and part of it is I missing a few good bolts but what gets me is if you look at the front closely the vertical lines of the radiator don’t match up completely with the grill lines, it’s skewed a bit, like leaning. I checked the mounts and they are put in properly but I can double check and see if it isn’t just set low or weird?

It has the slightest pull to the right but the alignment is off due to the below picture I’m sure.
Hard braking is perfect as far as tracking straight. Tires were good and even won’t last I checked,I’m due to look st them though...Drives better than my truck (93 Chevy) that’s ifs honestly.

IMG_1257.jpg IMG_1287.jpg . I push her hard sometimes lol

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
If it was rolled or hit from the back driver side corner could that rack the body? It has damage on that side, not sure if it’s trail or a wreck though

Sorry to hear about your mom.

The only way you’re going to know for sure if the frame is straight is to either take it to a body shop or get a copy of the workshop manual and check the frame measurements yourself. Once you’ve done that and you know it’s straight or had it straightened then work your way up from there starting with the body mounts. It’s an old Jeep so you’re better off replacing them either way.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
No you can do them a couple at a time by unbolting them and jacking up the body slightly to get access. Check out Eddie’s rebuild of Jane. He replaced the body mounts in one of the videos. It’s a CJ-5 but it will be very similar on a YJ.

JKbrick

Been rough, had to do a lot of apologizing lately lol. Even with my wife, like feeding the dogs.
Wish Boarder would hop back in here and say something atleast otherwise I gotta search him out to do this in person

Sorry about your loss man, haven’t met snoboarder and can’t speak for him but he seems like a good guy and your apology seems legit so I hope it’s all good.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Possibly, and part of it is I missing a few good bolts but what gets me is if you look at the front closely the vertical lines of the radiator don’t match up completely with the grill lines, it’s skewed a bit, like leaning. I checked the mounts and they are put in properly but I can double check and see if it isn’t just set low or weird?

It has the slightest pull to the right but the alignment is off due to the below picture I’m sure.
Hard braking is perfect as far as tracking straight. Tires were good and even won’t last I checked,I’m due to look st them though...Drives better than my truck (93 Chevy) that’s ifs honestly.

View attachment 286966 View attachment 286967 . I push her hard sometimes lol

Dude how do you pop a wheelie like that? That’s baddass.

Top Bottom