Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

jesse3638

Hooked
The pentastars come fairly built from the factory. Forged rods, 6 bolt main... the pistons are pretty much the only thing to worry about.

There are MANY challenger/charger 3.6 pentastars running high 14-15 PSI at WOT on the drag strips with the SPS kit and 60mm pulley. I have yet to hear of one blow up.The only confirmed JKs I could find with a blown motor had 3.8s in them. The local shops here tell me the same thing. Overheating is the other concern, but like I said climbing uphill and making boost my engine stays cool at 185-190 degrees thanks to some tuning. Idling on the street in stop and go and it sits at 185. I set the shift points and firmness to where I wanted them as part of the tuning process as well. 75 MPH is at around 2250 RPM.

I'll see if it holds up, but I have no reason to see why it wouldn't. Just because I have over 500 crank HP, doesn't mean I use it all the time - or treat it like a dragster.
I'm not talking about blowing it up. Besides track and trail use are two totally different things. Most aren't WOT in 4L. I'm just taking about daily driving it. The 3.8 or 3.6 have no problem hitting 150k+ (unless you Chris...haha) miles stock. I'm curious as to how the life expectancy will be affected by adding a super charger. Yes an LS swap is expensive but those motors running stock are putting out plenty for a Jeep. Being a stock motor and those things will last.
Hehe..........
Engineered for maximum fun and the power...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

You got the dyno printout?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_6411.jpg

Yup got it right here!! The red indicates the stock 3.6. Look at how inconsistent the power band is. The blue represents 3.6 after a regear. Again, inconsistent as fawk. The orange represents a supercharged 3.6. Look how smooth and consistent it is.

V8 swap couldn’t fit on the graph because the power was just so horrible in comparison.

feederic

View attachment 322602

Yup got it right here!! The red indicates the stock 3.6. Look at how inconsistent the power band is. The blue represents 3.6 after a regear. Again, inconsistent as fawk. The orange represents a supercharged 3.6. Look how smooth and consistent it is.

V8 swap couldn’t fit on the graph because the power was just so horrible in comparison.

This pretty much mirrors my experience :thumb:

Top Bottom