Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

WJCO

Meme King
Not at all, I'm already convinced and just wanted to share my experiences.

Inevitably, someone else will stumble across this forum and thread searching for a supercharger for their JK/JL. I'm posting up my specific experience with some actual evidence to help educate those people.

I just read this whole thread again and didn't see your dyno sheet. I would assume you have it when you put a mod on like this. I always kept mine in the past and showed friends right away after a dyno visit.

Ddays

Hooked
As I don't live near any "real mountains", having 500 HP in Jeep really doesn't have much appeal to me - I get along just fine where I'm at re-geared & on 37's.
What DOES intrigue me is these temps you claim to be running WITH a SC kit installed and boosting your output to these levels. What specific thermostat are you running and what
fan settings were changed to drop your running temps 40* below stock?

feederic

As I don't live near any "real mountains", having 500 HP in Jeep really doesn't have much appeal to me - I get along just fine where I'm at re-geared & on 37's.
What DOES intrigue me is these temps you claim to be running WITH a SC kit installed and boosting your output to these levels. What specific thermostat are you running and what

180 TSTAT, fan temps dropped 20 degrees or so.

Once I removed the engine cover, and made the hard rock hood vents functional temps dropped to around 204 from 225-230.

Jsouder53

Hooked

I’m with you on it not appealing to me either... I don’t buy a Jeep to have a fast car but to have an off-road capable vehicle. If I wanted a go fast vehicle I would get a sports car not a brick lol

Ddays

Hooked
Once I removed the engine cover, and made the hard rock hood vents functional temps dropped to around 204 from 225-230.

Calling BS on this one - I did the same thing on mine and there was zero change to temps, even though I can see heat rising out of the vents standing still. I'm not running any inner fender liners either and it still runs in the 220+ range.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Calling BS on this one - I did the same thing on mine and there was zero change to temps, even though I can see heat rising out of the vents standing still. I'm not running any inner fender liners either and it still runs in the 220+ range.

:hmm:

Same here... Guess my regeared axles are just too much heat... sure hotter then that supercharger... :cheesy:

Turbo21

I agree. BS. Was one of the reasons I went with the vented hood on my Jeep was to lower temps. I can watch the heat pouring out and according to the gauges it never cooled 1 degree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brute

Hooked
My JK6 normally runs at 203 degrees...I do have a huge radiator fan and a big oil cooler with a fan as well...when I'm on the trail in 4low I run the heater with the side vents facing outward...I've never seen temps above 208

nbunga

Caught the Bug
View attachment 322602

Yup got it right here!! The red indicates the stock 3.6. Look at how inconsistent the power band is. The blue represents 3.6 after a regear. Again, inconsistent as fawk. The orange represents a supercharged 3.6. Look how smooth and consistent it is.

V8 swap couldn’t fit on the graph because the power was just so horrible in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Something doesn’t look right. Is that upside down?

mayday_soc

I’m glad you like your SC. My experience has been a little bit different. I have the sprintex stage II (SPS) kit. The tune from sprintex was less than useless. The drive-ability was awful. It wouldn’t shift gears properly (automatic). I had to pay a dyno guy to tune it (expensive). It drives significantly better now but all my hoses have leaked. One hose had a leak right out of the kit and I had to put a union in it to fix it. They wanted to charge me full price plus shipping for a new one. This winter my pullys got annoyingly loud. It sounds like I have a hamster running on a rusty wheel that needs oil under my hood. I need to take the whole kit off this spring, change out a few hoses, get better clamps, and reinstall the kit. If I continue to have problems with reliability I’m taking it off. I have no faith in any type of long trip to a trail. Thank god I don’t daily drive this thing. It does add more power than I thought it would, probably due to weight reduction (my wallet is a lot lighter now). I’d give my left nut for redo on this one.

jesse3638

Hooked
I’m glad you like your SC. My experience has been a little bit different. I have the sprintex stage II (SPS) kit. The tune from sprintex was less than useless. The drive-ability was awful. It wouldn’t shift gears properly (automatic). I had to pay a dyno guy to tune it (expensive). It drives significantly better now but all my hoses have leaked. One hose had a leak right out of the kit and I had to put a union in it to fix it. They wanted to charge me full price plus shipping for a new one. This winter my pullys got annoyingly loud. It sounds like I have a hamster running on a rusty wheel that needs oil under my hood. I need to take the whole kit off this spring, change out a few hoses, get better clamps, and reinstall the kit. If I continue to have problems with reliability I’m taking it off. I have no faith in any type of long trip to a trail. Thank god I don’t daily drive this thing. It does add more power than I thought it would, probably due to weight reduction (my wallet is a lot lighter now). I’d give my left nut for redo on this one.
You can't talk bad about a product you paid for...haha. Rarely does anyone do that.

Thanks for your honest experience.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Someone needs to go to my JK6 build thread and repost it here...I don't know how to do it...

A little off topic but I had the chance to see Ed's in person a couple of weeks ago. I have a video of it idling out of the parking spot that gives me nightmares and wet dreams at the same time... and it was just idling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Damn, like jesse said, I rarely hear people talking smack online about anything they've paid good money for if only because it would mean they're admitting they've made a mistake. That being said, what you've described sounds about right to me and I really do appreciate your honesty and willingness to share your experiences.

Top Bottom