Stolen Jeep

QRS

Justice has been served, or at least part of it. I'm really glad this was the outcome. Great job WAL family!!!

See, not every jeep end up in Tijuana ;)

BDSJEEP

WOW... A wild couple of days again! BUT, finally some justice.
Thanks to AlStew for posting up on this thread that some of my parts were for sale on CL OC. There were 4-5 pictures and clearly, in the pictures, you could see it was parts from my Jeep. Hood, four doors, tailgate, windshield and my second row Rock Hard cage piece with padding. The sticker on the hood was a dead give away. Then two stickers in the windshield and my CB and Ham radio antenna mounts on my tail gate.
When I bought my Jeep, the sales guy through in a package of etching what I thought was the VIN on my windows.
When I finally got ahold of the detective who was assigned my Jeep from the start, I explained everything to him. He was in shock that we had a lead for him that included a cell number, two addresses ( one a meeting location and the second a business) a name and a whole bunch of other Intel. He took it from there and kept me in the loop the whole way.
They set up a buy( all the guy said he had left was the doors) and they went to work. Long story short, two guys arrested!!!!! They said they had towed a truck to their place and it had the parts in the back. The parts had VIN ID locators on them that matched my Jeep. They discovered a few roll bar pieces and the tailgate too. No Jeep or trailer!

Thanks for all the well wishes and support and looking out for a fellow Jeeper!!!! Two bad dudes are in Jail and have a very solid case against them. WAL family ROCKs!!!!!!!!!!

Good deal! Go LAPD! (or whomever)

So the guy was stupid enough to sell unique parts online complete with pictures, lets now hope he confesses to the theft!

Otherwise, from what we've all seen just here on the forums, I'd guess the two guys only get "possession of stolen property" or something similarly stupid, unfortunately.

I'd love to see full justice served here!

...im certain your heart started pounding when you saw the pics.....

...and good lookin out AlStew for recognizing those parts as Aspen's!!

:clap2:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WOW... A wild couple of days again! BUT, finally some justice.
Thanks to AlStew for posting up on this thread that some of my parts were for sale on CL OC. There were 4-5 pictures and clearly, in the pictures, you could see it was parts from my Jeep. Hood, four doors, tailgate, windshield and my second row Rock Hard cage piece with padding. The sticker on the hood was a dead give away. Then two stickers in the windshield and my CB and Ham radio antenna mounts on my tail gate.
When I bought my Jeep, the sales guy through in a package of etching what I thought was the VIN on my windows.
When I finally got ahold of the detective who was assigned my Jeep from the start, I explained everything to him. He was in shock that we had a lead for him that included a cell number, two addresses ( one a meeting location and the second a business) a name and a whole bunch of other Intel. He took it from there and kept me in the loop the whole way.
They set up a buy( all the guy said he had left was the doors) and they went to work. Long story short, two guys arrested!!!!! They said they had towed a truck to their place and it had the parts in the back. The parts had VIN ID locators on them that matched my Jeep. They discovered a few roll bar pieces and the tailgate too. No Jeep or trailer!

Thanks for all the well wishes and support and looking out for a fellow Jeeper!!!! Two bad dudes are in Jail and have a very solid case against them. WAL family ROCKs!!!!!!!!!!

OUSTANDING!! That is just so awesome. Thank you so much for bringing us up to speed and BIG props to Al Stew for finding and posting up the craigslist ad you found :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who missed it, the original posts with the photos have been restored. Also, here is a screen shot of the craigslist ad.

Untitled-1.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie for putting those back up!

What a great WAL family to be a part of. You have to be proud to see what you've created and see outcomes like this happen. Thank you!!!!

You bet and yeah, it really is awesome to have been able to see everything play out this way. Even better that someone from WAYALIFE helped to make it happen.

I had taken screen shots just in case the ad were removed. Looks like the perps didn't even have time to do anything with the post :crazyeyes:

You bet and yeah, it really is awesome to have been able to see everything play out this way. Even better that someone from WAYALIFE helped to make it happen.

I had taken screen shots just in case the ad were removed. Looks like the perps didn't even have time to do anything with the post :crazyeyes:

The detective was a little hesitant at first to get as much info as I handed him. All bet he called me five more times before the "buy" to go over stuff. When he called me to tell me about it this morning, he said we made it easy! He was blown away that it happened the way it did!

rob_p

What an ending! Taking those guys off the street before they do it again.
And great reflection on the community here!

Top Bottom