Stumblin' In

Nataqua

LOL!! I've been swapped with work the last few days and totally missed this post! It was a pleasure meeting you and it's great to have you here on WAYALIFE! Please let me know if there's ever anything I can do to assist you :cool:

Thank you Eddie! I hope to get those wheels on this week, I'm just waiting for parts. I'm having a blast with my Jeep, I've been getting out on the trail as much as I can before the weather turns, it looks like you are too. :cool:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Reno. There is so much to explore and keep you busy in the area in anything from a stock jeep to something built like Moby. You will find that your stock jeep will get you through places with ease that other (non jeepers) will tell you are difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nataqua

Hey N Nevada guys, I need your help.

Welcome from Carson City!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL!! I've been swapped with work the last few days and totally missed this post! It was a pleasure meeting you and it's great to have you here on WAYALIFE! Please let me know if there's ever anything I can do to assist you :cool:

Welcome to WAL from Reno as well!

Thank you Eddie! I hope to get those wheels on this week, I'm just waiting for parts. I'm having a blast with my Jeep, I've been getting out on the trail as much as I can before the weather turns, it looks like you are too. :cool:

Welcome from Reno. There is so much to explore and keep you busy in the area in anything from a stock jeep to something built like Moby. You will find that your stock jeep will get you through places with ease that other (non jeepers) will tell you are difficult.

Last night at 2am, while I was asleep in my bed some (likely drunk) asshat plowed into my Jeep that was parked in front of my home. :( There aren't even any skid marks and he pushed my JKU 10 ft and up the curb onto the sidewalk. His Subaru stopped about 40 feet forward of my Jeep. This is a residential street with 25mph posted speed limit. On my Jeep, visible damage includes the rear axle is mushed forward about 10" and the L rear wheel is crunched. At least he is insured. (Geico)

So where you all could help me most is advising me about local repair shops, ( opinions on Coachcraft? ) and any other advice or commiseration is welcome as well.

Thanks and Happy Holidays and all that to all of you...

Attachments

• 48427514_2239395999417294_6208155775014010880_n.jpg
    48427514_2239395999417294_6208155775014010880_n.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 48429852_2239109622779265_5859207695306850304_n.jpg
    48429852_2239109622779265_5859207695306850304_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 48395591_2239395329417361_5399217612733284352_n.jpg
    48395591_2239395329417361_5399217612733284352_n.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 48390607_2239395699417324_8943177437139697664_n.jpg
    48390607_2239395699417324_8943177437139697664_n.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 130

Brute

Hooked
Sorry to hear about your Jeep...fortunately you were not in it at the time...

Hopefully the Reno crowd will chime in and steer you in the right direction...

Nataqua

Yup it sucks big time, I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it all, but it's not easy to do. My street has been so busy with traffic for months now because they are re routing traffic this way due to a major construction project on the main thru street of downtown Reno, Virginia St. I've complained to local police before about speeding and bad drivers on my residential street. There was a wreck just two nights prior due to someone running a red light that is on the corner of my block. I'm sure glad I wasn't in the Jeep, but it has been trying to even get in oand out of the Jeep and in and out of traffic on my street. Last night, even while there were 3 or 4 patrol cars with lights on at 2:30 am, a large SUV blew by at about 45mph. After one of the officers yelled "slow the F**K down!" another officer jumped in his patrol car and wrote them up. Moments later another car passed by without their lights on...sigh. Everyone leaving the bars. I have two other vehicles, both classics, parked off the street and I've been trying to sell one to make room for the Jeep in the carport.

I don't have enough experience with such matters (thankfully) to even guess if it is totaled, but it's a 2015 with only 18,000 miles, valued around $30,000 and I've only made two payments. :( Most my concerns are in whether it will ever be 'right' again, particularly if there is damage to the frame. Being a single woman and without much in depth mechanical knowledge to advocate for myself I'm a bit nervous of getting screwed over in the long run of it. Especially because of the mechanical damages rather than body damage, I have considered taking it to the Reno Lithia Jeep dealership as suggested, but they aren't on my insurance's list. My insurance, State Farm, has a lifetime guarantee for repairs through their providers. Right now it's still sitting in front of my house and I hope to get it towed somewhere Monday.

Anyhow, thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes and hearing me vent... Right now I'm just waiting to get the claims process underway and a rental car.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I wouldn’t choose a shop based on State Farm’s list. Legally you can choose any shop that you want. Most good body shops will have a warranty on their work anyway.

USMC Wrangler

I wouldn’t choose a shop based on State Farm’s list. Legally you can choose any shop that you want. Most good body shops will have a warranty on their work anyway.

This ^^^ As a long time State Farm customer, I know for a fact you can take it to any shop you want.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

JKbrick

Hopefully since it was a Subaru it went in under the frame and just messed up your axle and suspension. Good luck with your repairs, if your not sure about something they are telling you, don’t just accept it, go find someone who can help you. Hopefully someone on Wayalife can help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I just started catching up on this - totally sucks but I'm glad that you weren't in your Jeep when all this happened. If in the end you need a good body shop recommendation, I do have one here in Carson City that I can refer you to. Hope you can get your Jeep up and running again and soon.

CalSgt

Hooked
Was it a silver WRX? I saw a smashed silver WRX getting offloaded from a flatbed tow truck the other morning in RedRock. The house looks like a bunch of kids live there, tons of cars looks like they might be into racing...

Top Bottom