Stumblin' In

Nataqua

Was it a silver WRX? I saw a smashed silver WRX getting offloaded from a flatbed tow truck the other morning in RedRock. The house looks like a bunch of kids live there, tons of cars looks like they might be into racing...

It was a white 2004 Forester, totaled. I think he tried to hit and run, as he would have had to back out from under my Jeep and the trail his RF rim left on the street goes about 50 feet, trying to turn right or maybe the rim pulled the car to the right
. Alcohol on his breath...officers were very tight lipped about the guy altogether.

Nataqua

Hopefully since it was a Subaru it went in under the frame and just messed up your axle and suspension. Good luck with your repairs, if your not sure about something they are telling you, don’t just accept it, go find someone who can help you. Hopefully someone on Wayalife can help

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is what I'm hoping too, as the Subaru did go under the Jeep. It's really remarkable how little body damage there is. I need to have a better look at the frame, to see if it looks damaged.

Last edited:

Nataqua

Wow, I just started catching up on this - totally sucks but I'm glad that you weren't in your Jeep when all this happened. If in the end you need a good body shop recommendation, I do have one here in Carson City that I can refer you to. Hope you can get your Jeep up and running again and soon.

Thanks Eddie, I might take you up on that.

Nataqua

Today the goal is to get a rental car, make caramel corn, wrap gifts and chill!

Tomorrow, I will contact my local agent, get an adjuster here and go from there. I have my insurance involved just in case this guy is under insured, being he is rather young, intoxicated and driving a relative beater. I have some some shop suggestions from some people I trust and we'll just have to see how extensive the damage really is. I really love the Jeep, it's unique color and low mileage for it's year, it would be tough to replace, but I don't want it if it's going to be crooked and effed up from here on out.

Thanks all for your insistence I take it where I want to and for commiserations too.

Happy Holidays!

Here in Utah we’ve got a good local JK owners chapter and parts come up quite a bit when people upgrade. I’ll keep my eye out for parts in the event you get shafted and have to source anything yourself. Good luck!

Nataqua

Here in Utah we’ve got a good local JK owners chapter and parts come up quite a bit when people upgrade. I’ll keep my eye out for parts in the event you get shafted and have to source anything yourself. Good luck!

That's a great idea, thank you!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
'Nataqua' has a special place in my heart. It was a 'imaginary' (Nataqua is a State of mind) territory designated by Peter Lassen and Issac Roop and for which it was named after Lassen's deceased wife, covering much of Northeastern Ca and Northwestern NV. These are the stomping grounds of much of my youth and adult life. If you're interested in such historical matters, it's a interesting and not very long read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataqua_Territory

What a great color!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Very sorry to hear about your accident and glad you were not in the Jeep. I've been crushed between two cars and been in a head on so trust me when I say you are lucky you were not in the vehicle. Both of my Jeeps were hit and both times I took them to a Jeep dealership for repair. The first Jeep was 9 months old and the second Jeep was 2 years old. Good luck on the outcome, the Jeep doesn't look like a total. You have a lot of resources here should you have questions.

Top Bottom