Suspension binding

rogerk93

I was thinking the same thing. I mean $3600 isn't exactly cheap either but probably less than what it cost to install that. If I was going to do anything requiring welding I'd save for DTD.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wanted to do the evo rear dtd but with the high and tight bumper I have you have to cut off the rear cross member and about 4-5 inches of frame so I couldn’t do that. Labor cost near the same as the entire kit. I’m pissed off the way it came out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

I wanted to do the evo rear dtd but with the high and tight bumper I have you have to cut off the rear cross member and about 4-5 inches of frame so I couldn’t do that. Labor cost near the same as the entire kit. I’m pissed off the way it came out.

All that aside it should be fixable. Your here now so could’ve would’ve should’ve is a waste of time. I see Genright made a similar kit that goes up through the tub. The upper mounting tabs are turned 90deg from how yours are and at an angle outboard to the axles. I am no expert on this but lt makes sense to me. Maybe others have some insight as well.

rogerk93

All that aside it should be fixable. Your here now so could’ve would’ve should’ve is a waste of time. I see Genright made a similar kit that goes up through the tub. The upper mounting tabs are turned 90deg from how yours are and at an angle outboard to the axles. I am no expert on this but lt makes sense to me. Maybe others have some insight as well.

I have to look at that, I was thinking the same to fix the problem by cutting the tabs off the axle and welding new tabs turned 90 degrees from how they are now. It will give the coilover the ability to move left and right more freely when flexing and stopping it from binding.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to look at that, I was thinking the same to fix the problem by cutting the tabs off the axle and welding new tabs turned 90 degrees from how they are now. It will give the coilover the ability to move left and right more freely when flexing and stopping it from binding.

You need to remember that your axle travels in an arc.

Ddays

Hooked
☝️ This was my point a few posts back. If you just flip the tabs on the axle, you run the risk of transferring the problem from side-to-side to up-and-down.

It seems like this suspension was designed with go fast and straight over crawling/cornering in mind.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. But why would you make this claim if you can't back it up? Seems like this is a bogus claim. Shame :grayno:

"There isn�t a black marked trail that the new Recon Xtreme kit can�t dominate! From Unlimited�s outfitted with Dana 44�s to rock crushing Dana 60�s, articulation is simply unrivaled. Longer, safer, and more purpose built than any other suspension package - guaranteed."

rogerk93

☝️ This was my point a few posts back. If you just flip the tabs on the axle, you run the risk of transferring the problem from side-to-side to up-and-down.

It seems like this suspension was designed with go fast and straight over crawling/cornering in mind.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Yea now that I’m able to actually see the kit it’s design seems to focus on the high speed market. Before I ordered it there was really no pictures to look at and nobody else has the kit so I couldn’t really get a good idea of how it would work and how it is set up. The guys at rebel after a dozen or so phone calls before I ordered it really emphasized how bad ass this kit is with its ability to flex and perform like no other kit blah blah blah.

rogerk93

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. But why would you make this claim if you can't back it up? Seems like this is a bogus claim. Shame :grayno:

"There isn�t a black marked trail that the new Recon Xtreme kit can�t dominate! From Unlimited�s outfitted with Dana 44�s to rock crushing Dana 60�s, articulation is simply unrivaled. Longer, safer, and more purpose built than any other suspension package - guaranteed."

It’s amazing how I called rebel yesterday and the main guy who I have been dealing with is out till Monday but every other time I called before ordering the kit he was available. My luck I have to wait. I wanted to work on it this weekend to get it fixed.

BaddestCross

Yeah, I'm sure there's a few here that would be happy to provide you with photos and flex measurements from an EVO kit. I'd try and find some off a Synergy and Genright kit as well and make Rebel back up that guarantee.

Good luck brother... Hope you can get a satisfactory outcome. 🍻

--

jesse3638

Hooked

Sounds like a big check their ass can't cash.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Man that is tough. But as someone else mentioned, there’s no point on beating yourself up over woulda coulda shoulda. Going to take some work. But, I imagine there is a fix. Just going to require a lot of testing and tweaking.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The guys at rebel after a dozen or so phone calls before I ordered it really emphasized how bad ass this kit is with its ability to flex and perform like no other kit blah blah blah.

In other words, the guys at Rebel were "selling" their kit.

rogerk93

Man that is tough. But as someone else mentioned, there’s no point on beating yourself up over woulda coulda shoulda. Going to take some work. But, I imagine there is a fix. Just going to require a lot of testing and tweaking.

Yea I’m going to have to do a lot of trial and error to get it where I like it.

Top Bottom