Suspension binding

rogerk93

Also has the same control arm setup. Took a little searching but looks like it might work for you.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I appreciate you sending me this so much, it helps me a lot. The tabs on the axle are the way I was thinking about installing it so it won’t bind up. rebel sent me the tabs for the axle, I’m thinking they either changed it or sent me the wrong ones.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rogerk93

So I was able to talk to the head guy at rebel and after going back and forth explaining to him how the tabs they sent are causing an issue and breaking it all down in detail they said I should rotate the tabs 90 degrees and weld them on. So I have to buy new tabs and get them welded on what a pain in the ass. The only thing I don’t like is how he made it seem like they never had a single issue with the way the tabs are currently welded and I call bs Because the heim joint only has so much movement before it locks up and how can you get the most flex with the way it is currently positioned.

J

JKDream

So I was able to talk to the head guy at rebel and after going back and forth explaining to him how the tabs they sent are causing an issue and breaking it all down in detail they said I should rotate the tabs 90 degrees and weld them on. So I have to buy new tabs and get them welded on what a pain in the ass. The only thing I don’t like is how he made it seem like they never had a single issue with the way the tabs are currently welded and I call bs Because the heim joint only has so much movement before it locks up and how can you get the most flex with the way it is currently positioned.

Pretty cheesy they wouldn't send them out for free after the amount you've spent with them.
Wasn't the kit installed by Rebel? Glad you're getting it figured out regardless though.

rogerk93

Pretty cheesy they wouldn't send them out for free after the amount you've spent with them.
Wasn't the kit installed by Rebel? Glad you're getting it figured out regardless though.

No a local shop by me did the install, I spoke to the shop and told them what they said and the shop said they are more than happy to do it but he got annoyed with rebel, he said who’s going to pay to fix their mistake they should of sent it like that from the beginning.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Let me guess, you were talking to Bond. :rolleyes2:
Bummer you've had to deal will all this BS.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Not sure if this would help... but I gave it a shot... photo angles could be a factor here but both seem to be taken straight from the back..

first I scaled the photos to match pretty close... then on the relaxed suspension I marked the angle between the axle & the coil.... Then compared it to the flexed suspension.... again not sure how accurate this is from these pics... just messin around with it:

bindingrelaxed-01.jpg

bindingflexed-01.jpg

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Ugh. Another Rebel Off-road casualty. Bummer man. Hope you’re able to get it sorted out. They should cover the cost of the tabs and labor but don’t count on it. Two of the guys I wheel with have had similar experiences with them.

rogerk93

Ugh. Another Rebel Off-road casualty. Bummer man. Hope you’re able to get it sorted out. They should cover the cost of the tabs and labor but don’t count on it. Two of the guys I wheel with have had similar experiences with them.

Yea I already know they won’t cover the cost as they told me they never had issues with the way they mount the kit. It’s just a way for them to avoid admitting fault and paying anything.

rogerk93

Any updates Roger? Wondering if anything was resolved yet.

Nothing yet, I haven’t been able to cut those tabs off and weld on new ones yet, been pulling overtime with work. But I am going to weld on new artec tabs in the next week or so. One thing I need to attend to also is the fact that I don’t have coil overs in the front and there is not enough opposing force to the back for the coils to compress fully. Why I didn’t do coil overs in the front? Stupidity and a little budget factor but I think for me to get the best out of the rear kit I need to match it with a proper kit upfront.

Top Bottom