Take PRIDE in Your JL Wrangler - Say F@¢K NO to FACE LIFTS!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
New Kids on the Block? :thinking:

I’m afraid the douches that mess with the grill are probably too young to get that reference. :cheesy:

:cheesy: Sorry, it was all that I could think of that would express how cheesy aftermarket grills are. Guess I'm showing my age :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What about a JL style grill for a JK?? I love the hommage to the heritage of the Jeep and it is the best looking grill at least in my opinion.

I'm sure it's just me but I personally LOVE my JK grills just as much as I do my JL, my CJ5, my CJ3B, my Jeepster Commando and even J-2000. They are all unique and are what make them what they are.

Clark Griswold

I'm sure it's just me but I personally LOVE my JK grills just as much as I do my JL, my CJ5, my CJ3B, my Jeepster Commando and even J-2000. They are all unique and are what make them what they are.
You are a pretty damn lucky guy Eddie, great reponse as usual, saw my first JL in the wild yesterday white Rubi like yours except white roof, very sexy..

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Like I said, I know it's coming but I feel like someone needed to say it. Figured here on my forum, best it comes from me.

LOL!! In all fairness, people who do that might be nice but I have personally found most to be posers or the Jeep thing is just a fad. Real Jeepers, people who have a true love and passion for them and their heritage would never dream of bastardizing their rig with a unibrow or grill delete.

Indeed! :thumb:

I dunno, there was that one time Jeep put square headlights in it. 😂

longarmwj

One good thing I heard today talking to the Rugged Ridge guy:

He said that the JL grill is built similar to the TJ grill, only the radiator doesn’t come out with it, and that rugged ridge was having a very very hard time figuring out a grill design that actually works on the jeep and would be cost effective to make. I haven’t actually looked at a JLs grill structure so I can’t confirm nor deny this, but it was a praise Jesus moment for sure

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gbint

I said it before, but messing with a Jeep grill is blasphemy. I’ll be looking for a early CJ grill for my garage at the Puyallup off-road swap meet in March.

jsukey

Couldn't agree with you more Eddie! First year of the JK owner here and I wouldn't change it for anything! JET Li looks awesome buddy! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!
10351822_898286323528401_5241081952074449560_n.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
One good thing I heard today talking to the Rugged Ridge guy:

He said that the JL grill is built similar to the TJ grill, only the radiator doesn’t come out with it, and that rugged ridge was having a very very hard time figuring out a grill design that actually works on the jeep and would be cost effective to make. I haven’t actually looked at a JLs grill structure so I can’t confirm nor deny this, but it was a praise Jesus moment for sure

Unfortunately that probably means they will just make the angry eye clip on for the front like they did for the TJ.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

PatyWagon

Imho, yep I'll probably anger most (and disrespect Eddie) but, each jeeper has and drives their rig for their own purpose, mine is a DD, stock and fits my personality and does all I could dream of. If a jeeper adds something to their rig bc it makes it more their own is why there's so many after market items and why some drive jeeps. I do agree the 7 slot is the face of jeep and should be left alone no deletes, but if angry eyes is what statement someone wishes to make with their rig I won't argue, at least the 7 slots are still there. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

PatyWagon

I'd probably wave back. It's the right thing to do for those people. Living with mental disabilities is hard ☹️

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Imho, yep I'll probably anger most (and mean no disrespect Eddie) but, each jeeper has and drives their rig for their own purpose, mine is a DD, stock and fits my personality and does all I could dream of. If a jeeper adds something to their rig bc it makes it more their own is why there's so many after market items and why some drive jeeps. I do agree the 7 slot is the face of jeep and should be left alone no deletes, but if angry eyes is what statement someone wishes to make with their rig I won't argue, at least the 7 slots are still there. Just my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Imho, yep I'll probably anger most (and disrespect Eddie) but, each jeeper has and drives their rig for their own purpose, mine is a DD, stock and fits my personality and does all I could dream of. If a jeeper adds something to their rig bc it makes it more their own is why there's so many after market items and why some drive jeeps. I do agree the 7 slot is the face of jeep and should be left alone no deletes, but if angry eyes is what statement someone wishes to make with their rig I won't argue, at least the 7 slots are still there. Just my opinion.

LOL!! It's your money and your Jeep and you should do whatever it is you want with it. Certainly, it'd be no business of mine to tell you what to do with either and there's no disrespect being felt by me. As I said in my original post, I am just making an "impassioned plea" to people like you to please take PRIDE in your your Jeep and its grill. There are a lot of ways you can make your Jeep yours and without cosmetically altering the facial features of your Jeep. Of course, that's just my opinion.

longarmwj

IMG_0142.jpg
If you really wanna upgrade the front end of your jeep and make it stand out, you don’t need a angry eye grill or a spartan. The Mopar satin black grill does just fine, and keeps that iconic look going.

Top Bottom