Taking the Plunge!

Astroman

Can’t wait to hear how you like it. The only concerns I’ve heard from guys the run the 6.4 is that the run Hot. 13_gecko_rubi May have some insight on this and work arounds to get it to run cooler including different cats. It’s on my list way down the road, so I’m very interested in what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah — have definitely heard the same concerns on multiple forums. Perhaps adapting a JL fan for improved air pull-through — those things are beasts!

Brute

Hooked
Ha ha! I’d rate that a close second. Although I’ve got a new hamsternaut in training — did some high-G runs on a home-built centrifuge and some high altitude conditioning with a capsule suspended under a tethered weather balloon. He’s looking pretty solid so far!

I'm sure the hamster is a volunteer...

A.J.

Remember I want step by step instructions with pictures laminated and bound for future use on the Hemi swap. [emoji16] Looking forward to seeing you at Rubicon this summer!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

And so the long awaited (and overdue) Phase III begins....

Dropped her off yesterday for the Hemi/Atlas transplant [emoji1373]

IMG_4512.jpg IMG_4513.jpg IMG_4514.jpg IMG_4511.jpg ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 128

Astroman

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks folks -- appreciate all the affirmation for what many sane folks might consider a poor financial decision :blush:

Nahh, you’ll enjoy the hell out of it every time you turn the key and hear that deep bellow of the hemi! Worth every penny.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Astroman

Now need to decide if I want/need to change the axle gearing, and then what gearing for the Atlas II xfer case :hmm:

Currently running 5.38 gears with the 40's, and stock WA580 tranny. Guessing the Hemi won't care......

fiend

Caught the Bug
Now need to decide if I want/need to change the axle gearing, and then what gearing for the Atlas II xfer case :hmm:

Currently running 5.38 gears with the 40's, and stock WA580 tranny. Guessing the Hemi won't care......

Well once you go with 42s you probably will appreciate the 5.38s.

Top Bottom